Test Track....Too Much For A 5 Year Old?

Dixiemom

DIS Veteran
I know my son and dh will love this, but my dd may be another story. She is adventurous, but I am just not sure. Even I don't like being in a car when I am not the driver, and ride in the backseat? No way! I know it goes fast for a while and around curves but it also looks like it might be like driving a convertible.....any thoughts?

My DS was 4.5 when he first rode it and would not ride it again. He still says he won't get on it when we go in April. He also didn't care for the dinosaur ride at AK, it definitely scared him. It just depends on the child. My sisters three loved it and they were almost 5 when they went.

Each child is different. My youngest son was 4 when he first rode Test Track......LOVED IT and looks forward to it every trip.

Just goes to show every kid is different. My DD rode in October, she was 4.5 and loves it, she rode multiple times. I would go to you tube and have her watch some videos, it would give her a pretty good idea of what it will be like.

My 4yr old went on it with Dad and liked it all but the end where they go fast. My 7yr old got one look at the cars whizzing around at the entrance and wouldn't even consider going on.

You know your kid best, maybe wait and see what she thinks when she gets there.

Also, you can check it out on YouTube. The inside part of the ride is hard to see, but it gives you a good idea of the fast part.

Yep- each kid is different. My DD rode it when she was 4.5 and LOVED it. By the age of 5 she had been on Tower of Terror, Big Thunder Mountain....anything she was tall enough for. Really Test track does not seem scary to her at all.

This was also my son's favorite ride when he was 4. It still is his favorite ride. You know your child best but I consider this ride pretty tame. It's just fast and fun at the end! :thumbsup2

Thanks all! I have been utilizing youtube for a while now for just this purpose.....It really is a great resource for rides. I just can't decide even though I have watched the videos many times. I may have DH and DS ride and give us their opinion......

My 5 yo would have loved it, but I found it way too jerky to be safe for her neck. I let her ride Splash, BTMR, etc, but didn't think the cars were really designed for kids her age.

On this trip she'll be closer to 6 and a bit taller than our last trip, so I'll reconsider when we get there.

My DS3 loved TT on our last trip. He is a daredevil though. If you think your DD may not like it then I would just wait until she's older to take her on it. :goodvibes

It was my 4-year-old son's absolute favorite ride in '07. We were there again last year when he was 6 and it was still at the top. He LOVES the end when it feels like a 'real race car'. ;)

Inside part is pretty tame. Outside part is just fast - no drops, spins, backwards or anything, so I didnt think it was bad. All of our kids loved it (even the barely 5yo), and to give a frame of ref, the 5yo wasnt a big fan of TOT.

Our youngest DD first started riding TT when she was about 3.5 years old and she LOVES it!! It is definitely on her top 5 list of things to do at WDW.

So far this is the only thing on our list aside from Soarin' (and the ever so tame Living With The Land, my ds loves this!) at Epcot that she might want to do. Mission Space (even the green side) is out.

My son rode it around 5 years old, he screamed with glee, and we have to do it everytime we go to Epcot now..

Each kid is different I guess. However, our DD rode it for the first time when she as 4, and absolutely LOVED it. We rode quite a few times, and it's still her favorite Epcot ride, close tie with Soarin', nearly 4 years later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter