Test Track Single Rider Line

I'm fairly sure most people who "don't understand" how single rider (or Genie + lines) work, do in fact have a good grasp of it but just know that they can out-argue the CMs.
They tell you as you enter the single rider line that your party will be separated AND there are signs, so that is why I wish they didn't accommodate them. I'm sure they knew what they were doing.

Kind of.

They put Dad + 1 Child front and back in 1 car, then Mom + 1 Child front and back in the following car.
Good. Then they technically filled properly. Each car had an empty seat in front and back. They filled those seats without sitting next to each other. Hopefully Dad learned the definition of SINGLE, most rides don't have the option of same vehicle.

Good. Then they technically filled properly. Each car had an empty seat in front and back. They filled those seats without sitting next to each other. Hopefully Dad learned the definition of SINGLE, most rides don't have the option of same vehicle.

Yeah the CM did what they were supposed to do by the book.

All to often I've seen CMs give in to pressure from the guest, or the guest just completely ignores what they are told and goes to a different spot than previously told.

Yeah the CM did what they were supposed to do by the book.

All to often I've seen CMs give in to pressure from the guest, or the guest just completely ignores what they are told and goes to a different spot than previously told.
I have seen them ignore the CM and try to create their own group somewhere ~ and love it that every single time they were called back and get separated.

I like the strategy some CMs use by being aware of dynamics then sending one to this end and then one to that end so they are really apart and can't do the shift dance.

There is no excuse for it. At all. I’m here solo and want to ride again so I’m just waiting in the standby line. Why bother trying the single rider line when they aren’t pulling from it efficiently. At least I’ll get to do the car design and request the front row.
Car design is back? That’s great news my kids favorite part. Missed doing that last few years

Car design is back? That’s great news my kids favorite part. Missed doing that last few years
We've done it the last few trips, at least since early summer because DS2 helped DS1 and that was June/July trips.

We've done it the last few trips, at least since early summer because DS2 helped DS1 and that was June/July trips.
We haven’t been in a year but we’re there during 2021 and 2022 and always closed. Glad it’s back. Hoping to do next month

We haven’t been in a year but we’re there during 2021 and 2022 and always closed. Glad it’s back. Hoping to do next month
Perhaps they open and close it based on crowds etc. But we def did it in summer and fall of 2022.

Good to know. Thank you. Keeping my fingers crossed for next month

Was definitely available in September 2022. And I just looked back at pics on my phone and I have some from September 2021. At least in the regular lines. Not sure if it is back in the single rider one.

My husband will be happy, he likes to compete :rotfl2:
WELL .... what was disappointing is that most our rides our car never showed up on the screen while we could see it or often only one car (maybe a preprogrammed one). Last trip I think only ours showed and we were with several different groups?? Not sure at the end there is any way to see if you "won". Very glitchy.

WELL .... what was disappointing is that most our rides our car never showed up on the screen while we could see it or often only one car (maybe a preprogrammed one). Last trip I think only ours showed and we were with several different groups?? Not sure at the end there is any way to see if you "won". Very glitchy.
Oh well, he'll at least have fun making his car. He always enjoyed the screen at the end (I think) that showed the winner. The last time we went was in Sept 2020 so he couldn't even design one.

This happened to me last month. Usually I don't ever bother making the car since I do single rider (most people in single rider don't bother and they just keep moving) but since I rope dropped the ride I made one. It didn't show up on any of the screens even though I scanned my Magicband. It reminded me of how more than half the time the camera on Spaceship Earth doesn't work or cuts off half of your face.

This happened to me last month. Usually I don't ever bother making the car since I do single rider (most people in single rider don't bother and they just keep moving) but since I rope dropped the ride I made one. It didn't show up on any of the screens even though I scanned my Magicband. It reminded me of how more than half the time the camera on Spaceship Earth doesn't work or cuts off half of your face.
Usually the cars you design stay on your band for quite some time. I've had cars from previous trips show up when I haven't designed one on that trip before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter