Test Track Single Rider Line

musicguy856

DIS Veteran
Just waited 30 minutes in the single rider line at TT only to have the entire back row go out empty in my car. And nobody loaded at the seatbelt check and 6 people loaded that car when we pulled back into the station so there wouldn’t have been an issue with those specific seats.

What gives??

I'm not sure anyone can give you a specific answer to your specific situation.
There is no excuse for it. At all. I’m here solo and want to ride again so I’m just waiting in the standby line. Why bother trying the single rider line when they aren’t pulling from it efficiently. At least I’ll get to do the car design and request the front row.

There is no excuse for it. At all. I’m here solo and want to ride again so I’m just waiting in the standby line. Why bother trying the single rider line when they aren’t pulling from it efficiently. At least I’ll get to do the car design and request the front row.

Hope your next ride goes better!

Just waited 30 minutes in the single rider line at TT only to have the entire back row go out empty in my car. And nobody loaded at the seatbelt check and 6 people loaded that car when we pulled back into the station so there wouldn’t have been an issue with those specific seats.

What gives??
The loader had other priorities and the single rider line is the bottom of all the priorities. Always. Sometimes it’s even behind CM convos, that’s just the nature of the SR line. Sometimes it’s awesome and sometimes it’s your worst decision of the day.

And 💯 when you decide to wait in the normal line people will fly through SR. The universe is just like that…

There are many potential reasons from failing to load the seats, to a malfunction in those seats making them not safe to use.
As others have said, you will never the real reason.

There are many potential reasons from failing to load the seats, to a malfunction in those seats making them not safe to use.
As others have said, you will never the real reason.
Those seats were loaded after we returned to the station. I guess it could have just been a lazy CM or maybe they forgot that row was available.

Those seats were loaded after we returned to the station. I guess it could have just been a lazy CM or maybe they forgot that row was available.
Or maybe it wasn't anything negative at all.

That position is one of the toughest loading positions. Not only is the job fast paced thinking but often single riders get rude with them when they realize single means single.

It can move very fast, you have to keep checking each lane and depending on how deep they fill or how they stand, some lanes aren't clearly visible. It is not one where you remember/forget ... you assign on the spot and move on looking to next group.

I agree with a previous poster that the next standby party might have been a full car, maybe next couple were also bigger, 4 or 5. There is no time to move folks forward beyond first couple groups. They have priority. Single riders are just fillers.

Could they have filled it with single riders? sure but that goes against the process of how they should be loaded. And every supervisor has their own processes at times so CM might have been strictly instructed to only load one single at a time. Should they have sent one person, I suppose, but loading moves fast. A few empty seats happens all the time on many rides that are fast loaders.

AND we are starting a new round of DCP. New CMs likely worked all other positions before being put there. They may have been new to the job. Perhaps a little grace, particularly since it is not a big deal.

It could also have been that they couldn't get a party to those seats by the time the car needed to leave. If you had 2 large groups that filled most of a car, trying to get back to a group of 2 or 3 before the car leaves is not easy. The CMs have very little time to get the previous group out and the new group in before the car leaves.

Happens quite a few times with my dad and I. We do standby and get seated with a single rider in our row but the back row will be empty. Why not sit the single rider back there so they have their own row?

It could also have been that they couldn't get a party to those seats by the time the car needed to leave. If you had 2 large groups that filled most of a car, trying to get back to a group of 2 or 3 before the car leaves is not easy. The CMs have very little time to get the previous group out and the new group in before the car leaves.
If that was the case they should pull the next 3 single riders to fill that row. They have done it before.

I just came back from a week at WDW, and every single time I did Single Rider at Test Track I was on the ride in less than 5 minutes.

I had to ride it close to 5 times back to back one morning. The last time I did ride it there was a family of 4 ahead of me and the father complained to the CM why were they getting split up and they demanded to be in the same vehicle.

Sometimes it's faster to send a row out empty then hold everything up for one person or group.

Flight of passage is an example of a ride where they do hold up everyone to load if even one person is struggling due to the nature of the ride. This is very common on FOP and a big reason the wait times are so high imo.

I just came back from a week at WDW, and every single time I did Single Rider at Test Track I was on the ride in less than 5 minutes.

I had to ride it close to 5 times back to back one morning. The last time I did ride it there was a family of 4 ahead of me and the father complained to the CM why were they getting split up and they demanded to be in the same vehicle.
In the end did they split them up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter