Test Track or Soarin

FP+ for Soarin', and Test Track - single rider.

Since I usually can't do single rider with DS (special needs), we go to Epcot at least twice each trip and do one FP+ for each of those attractions each time. I like to see each park during the day and at night each trip anyway, if possible.

Definitely FP Soarin and use the single rider line for Test Track. Soarin has got to be one of the most boring and long queues in Disney, and I cannot tell you the last time I had to endure the standby line for that ride... It may have been when it first opened!

FP for Soarin' and Rope Drop for Test Track. You should know that if you opt for the single rider line at Test Track, you do not get to participate in the car design phase of the pre-ride. You just get shoehorned into whatever car some other person has designed. The queue for Soarin' is boring as all get out and should be avoided at all costs. Hence, the FP for it. Also, there is another attraction in the pavilion, as well as a nice eatery. So it makes sense to use a FP here so that you can combine your visit with a ride on Living With The Land, or maybe lunch, or perhaps both. If you get a FP for Test Track and go to Soarin' at Rope Drop, you will be tempted to bolt out of the Land pavilion as soon as your turn on Soarin' is over to rush to some other pavilion. But doing so will cause you to miss the rest of the Land pavilion. Best to go there mid to late morning when you can spend some additional time there. Test Track, conversely, doesn't have any draw in its building, so doing a hit-and-run first thing won't cause you to miss anything interesting.

I recently discovered there are games you can play during a Soarin wait when the sign said 20 min and it was more like 40. You have bird races with a cgi bird. If you get there at rope drop, you can often ride it twice without a FP and save it for Test Track.

FP for Soarin' and Rope Drop for Test Track. You should know that if you opt for the single rider line at Test Track, you do not get to participate in the car design phase of the pre-ride. You just get shoehorned into whatever car some other person has designed. The queue for Soarin' is boring as all get out and should be avoided at all costs. Hence, the FP for it. Also, there is another attraction in the pavilion, as well as a nice eatery. So it makes sense to use a FP here so that you can combine your visit with a ride on Living With The Land, or maybe lunch, or perhaps both. If you get a FP for Test Track and go to Soarin' at Rope Drop, you will be tempted to bolt out of the Land pavilion as soon as your turn on Soarin' is over to rush to some other pavilion. But doing so will cause you to miss the rest of the Land pavilion. Best to go there mid to late morning when you can spend some additional time there. Test Track, conversely, doesn't have any draw in its building, so doing a hit-and-run first thing won't cause you to miss anything interesting.
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I don't think I would really consider doing single rider as we really like to go on everything together. And we love Living with the Land!

If you are at the front of rope drop and do single rider at test track you can actually be in a car before the first wave exits the design room. Makes for a super fast turn around if car design is not important to you and you will most likely ride together. We sometimes do this to experience Test Track and Sum of all Thrills with zero waits. You can design a car if riding single rider. Simply walk in through the exit of the ride and there are design stations. Scan your band, design your car, then head to the single rider line.

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I don't think I would really consider doing single rider as we really like to go on everything together. And we love Living with the Land!
That is another thing, you won't be seated together on Test Track if you go in the single rider. It will work out great for me since I'll be solo but if I were going with other people, then FP Soarin and rope drop test track for sure.

I always do fp for test track and RD for soaring. Test track create your car takes more time than just going do soaring therefore giving you more free time in the first hour with less crowds

Also note that if you are onsite and there are EPCOT EMH Soarin' will drop to 10-20 minutes at that point. Even right before closing on regular nights it will drop very low. As long as you cross through the entrance to the line queue, no matter what time, you get to ride. So if the park closes at 9 and you get in line at 8:55 you will get to ride. Most don't even try to get in line so the times drop.

A point of reference - while it is OK for us to do RD for test track, our kids require/love to be able to design their own ride vehicles For that reason, each visit to WDW for us has to have at least one test track non single rider. We may repeat as single riders but even that is "tainted" for our kids. DH and DW don't care....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter