Test track for 6 year-old?

kanatamom

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding Test Track. My two older children (12,14) are anxious to ride Test Track when we visit Epcot in late November. I will be going on with them but their father won't be as he is prone to motion sickness. My question is, if my DD who is 6 wishes to go on, should I let her or is it best she wait with her dad. I am pretty protective and have not been on Test Track before. My daughter seems to take most rides she's been on in stride. Of course, the last time we visited WDW she didn't meet the height requirement for a lot of rides but now she does. Anyone have a 6 year-old who's gone on Test Track? Any thoughts.

Thanks

Absolutely let her go on, she'll love it. Our most recent trip was this past June and DS 5 and DD 3 (almost 4) went on TT several times and both loved it. It's actually a pretty tame ride it only gets fast for a few seconds at the very end. They also both went on Tower of Terror, BTM, Splash Mountain, and DS went on Space Mountain (DD wasn't tall enough). In my opinion there aren't any rides at WDW that I would not put my kids on if they are tall enough, let them try it if they like it then great, if not then they won't go again.

Tina

I don't have a 6 year old (I've taught them), but I really don't think there's anything that scary about Test Track that should prevent her from riding. There's a bumpy part and of course the fast part, but other than that... Dinosaur and the like are MUCH rougher and scarier.

My boys have loved it since they were 4. It si a very fun ride! I would bring her on.

My kids have been going on test track since they were tall enough (one at 4, one at 5) they loved it! 6 years later, it is still their favorite ride. I am hoping my youngest, who is measuring at 40 3/4 in his sneakers will be able to ride it on our upcoming trip.

I'm looking forward to taking my 4 year old on Test Track now that he is tall enough to ride. TT is one of my favorites because the exciting parts are just FAST and it's not a ride that makes you sick (well, it doesn't make me sick anyway). The bumpy parts are just the car testing part. The only thing scary about TT might be the line! The only good thing about my son being too short before was daddy could use the single rider line and walk right on. :laughing:

I agree. The ride is pretty tame except for when you get into the speed part. My son rode this year in March when he was 4. It was also a first for my two older girls (7 & 8) and they loved it too. Try to talk them into giving it a chance :)

I'm more worried about my 50 year old mother than my 5 year old daugther on Test Track. My mom is terrified. I told her it's an actual CAR. It's like driving on the highway in a convertible, and that doesn't scare her for goodness sake! :) I think it would be fine for a 6 year old. Heck, my 2 year old is furious that he's not tall enough. :)

As soon as my son was tall enough (actually on his 4th birthday) we took him on it and he loved it! Although he also loved ToT so I think I have a thrill seeker here :rotfl:

What I did do before our trip was let him watch all the rides on YouTube so he could see what they were and what happened on them so there were no surprises (I was more worried about the darkness of ToT then I was of the fastness of Test Track).

Mine have loved it since they were 3. I am very prone to motion sickness but there is nothing that would cause it on this ride imo. No spinning at all.

I was also going to suggest You Tube.. it has been great in alleviating any anxiousness with my 7 year old about new rides (and for me too)-- Now we know what to expect.

Thanks so much for all the responses! I think I will let her go on if she wants. It should be fun. The only reason I was worried was because my 50 ish brother-in-law went on and was a bit scared. This ride seems to frighten 50 year olds more than kids:rotfl:

Are there other rides that you would prohibit her from going on if she wants to and is tall enough? I've never considered that. I think she'll be tall enough for everything except maybe Rock n Rollercoaster and Primieval Whirl. Have fun!

Test Track is pretty lame. :rolleyes: The fast part is not even that fast (60 to 65MPH) it only feels faster because there is really no windshield to break the wind.
Your child will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter