Test Track, Big Thunder, and Everest, Oh My! A First Time Trip with Lots of Thrills!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been reading just not posting. It's just now lunch time and you've done a lot of stuff. That's great! There have been several times that we've had the Street of America to ourselves too. For some reason, it makes us feel special.:laughing:

Dan really liked the Streets of America too, he wanted to hang out there for a bit! It was fun, and yeah, we felt kind of special too! :goodvibes

Great update!!!:goodvibesIt sounds like you have had a fun morning at DHS!:thumbsup2 My boys love Pizza Planet and it's usually a must-do for us! Glad your boys enjoyed it too!!:goodvibes Can't wait to see how the rest of your day goes.:)

Yes Pizza Planet was a highlight! Almost an attraction in itself - we had to drag the kids out of there! :laughing: I was just glad they ate a meal, they had been so picky on the trip about their food, barely eating half of their meals, so when I saw they liked pizza I was happy to get them pizza!

DAY 6: Hollywood Studios PM: Heat & Rain! But we still had fun!

When I left off we had just finished up lunch at Pizza Planet. After lunch we looked around the arcade for a couple of minutes, then went over to see Muppet Vision 3D. We did a few pictures by the fountain, then made our way inside.

IMG_9919.jpg

IMG_9925.jpg

We had to wait about 15 minutes for the next show, but we got into the queuing area right away so it wasn’t a bad wait – nice and cool and could watch the tvs. It was a pretty cute and funny show – more great special effects and the 3D effects were really good, everyone liked it.

From here we headed over to Lights Motor Action, which all of the crowd seemed to be moving toward. It was still quite a while until the show, like 45 minutes, but we got in line and waited – McQueen was really looking forward to this show so we didn’t want to miss it.

IMG_9927.jpg

We had to wait a while in line, which did get a bit boring for the kids, but they managed to keep themselves somewhat entertained.

IMG_9930.jpg

They seated us after about 15 minutes and then we had another 20 minutes until the show. The place was PACKED and I was surprised at the crowds that just kept coming in! Even when the show was starting they were still big groups filing in. The show began and it was pretty good – some decent action and the boys loved the cars and all of the chase scenes and skidding out they did.

IMG_9938.jpg
IMG_9958.jpg

McQueen was completely mesmerized with the show – he just stared and watched and I don’t think his eyes ever left the set, he completely loved it.

IMG_9948.jpg

Mater complained that “it smells stinky” after the smell of burning rubber was in the air, but he liked the show too and watching the cars and stunts. It was a somewhat long show and it was getting very hot and stagnant in the stands. About half way through Dan and I looked at each other and we were both getting hot…very hot. We had filled up the kids water bottles before we came in and we made sure they both kept drinking, and we took a few sips ourselves but wanted to save the water for them. Once the show was over, we left and Dan wasn’t feeling well, so we got some water and hit the restrooms and took a little break. We all needed water and we drank some water and filled up our water bottles. Dan drank some water and cooled off in the restroom for a little bit.

I felt okay, I think I got to the water just in time, any longer and I would have been feeling sick too. Then we walked over to Pixar Place where we stopped again so he could use a restroom and cool off a little bit more. Kids and I sat and drank more water, we all needed it. This was the first time all week that the heat really got to any of us, and I felt really bad that Dan wasn’t feeling well. He was a trooper though and after taking some time to cool off, we decided what to see next.

I was happy that we finally made it to Pixar place – and finally made it over to the other side of the park – we spent all day only going through one half, and it was almost 3:00pm already! There wasn’t a real lot to see since Toy Story Mania and One Man’s Dream were down and some of the other attractions are more girl –specific. So we stopped to meet Handy Manny! It was a cute meet, the kids know that show well, and both did great up by Manny.

Photo0042.jpg
Photo0047.jpg

After the meet we decided to make our way over for a snack and a spot for the parade. We got a great spot right just starting down Hollywood Bvld, but very close to the hat. Dan and they kids sat and held the spot, and I ran to get snacks – Mickey ice cream sandwiches and water.

IMG_9986.jpg

Right before the parade was set to start – it started to rain – the first shower all day, just in time for the parade! It started coming down a little harder and we pulled out the ponchos and umbrella and got everyone covered up. It ended up being a quick, but heavy, 10 minute shower! The parade started (and about 3 minutes into it the rain stopped) but they did not do the show stops along the way, so it was a really short parade – it was done at 3:06pm! It was cute though and I’m glad we saw it, the kids liked seeing the characters again, especially Buzz, Woody, and Jesse! By the time the parade was over the rain had completely stopped, so we took off all our gear again and packed it back up!

DSC01097.jpg
DSC01098.jpg

We left the parade and went right over to catch the next showing of Playhouse Disney Live at 3:20pm– it was a really cute show and we got right in and got a spot on the floor. A lot of the shows the kids don’t watch anymore, but they used to when they were littler, but they seemed to like it and had a good time. During the show I asked McQueen if he remembered Higgly Town Heros (they were playing the song) and he said he didn’t remember….it made me a little sad since he used to LOVE that show and watch it every morning. But it was a long time ago and I’m not surprised that he didn’t remember.

DSC01111.jpg
DSC01112.jpg

From here we went back over to Indiana Jones and got into the next show for that! McQueen was also looking forward to this one, so I was glad we were able to see it, he was talking about it all day and kept asking me if we were going to be able to see it. Mater was a little bored and bouncy, but we got through it and he seemed to like the action scenes.

IMG_0012.jpg
IMG_0009.jpg

Once we were done, it was time for some dinner – we headed down Sunset Strip to some of the restaurants down there, since we had not been down in that area yet. Dan got BBQ pork sandwich from Fairfax Fare and I got a Caesar salad from one of the other stands. The kids got mac ‘n cheese which they ate very little of, they didn’t like it, it was “too cheesy”.

It was sprinkling again and we decided to go over to the Animation Studio to see if we could see any more characters, and we got to see Mr. Incredible and Frozone.

IMG_0027.jpg
IMG_0024.jpg

McQueen got the autographs but Mater didn’t want to do a picture, so McQueen did it alone. Mater was tiring out, and I think had had enough, he wasn't in the mood to do more characters. We asked the kids if they wanted to do more characters and they didn’t really want to, they were getting tired by now too, it was about 6:00pm by now. So we made our way to the front, Mater was lagging behind so I carried him for a little while, and we found our bus stop. It was a short wait and the bus came, and we were back at the hotel very quickly – another great ride on Disney transportation!

All in all we had a great as at HS, and got to see all of what we wanted. Today we saw:
*Great Movie Ride
*Star Tours
*Honey I shrunk the kids playground
*Studios Backlot Tour
*Streets of America
*Muppet Vision 3D
*Lights Camera Action show
*Block Party bash
*Playhouse Disney Live show
*Indiana Jones stunt show
*Characters: Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater, Handy Manny, Mr. Incredible, Frozone

Todays best moments:
*The boys seeing Lightning and Mater. They were so looking forward to seeing them and it was really cute and fun to “meet” them. They really seemed to enjoy it. As soon as we could see the Cars from a distance I shouted out “who’s up there” and they both started grinning ear to ear! They also saw Herbie today!
*McQueen’s excitement for the stunt shows. He was really excited to see both Indiana Jones and the Lights Motor Action. He seemed just mesmerized watching the cars and watching them do their stunts and tricks. He still talks about those show – they were his favorite part of HS.
*Mater meeting Handy Manny – this was the first character Mater went up to alone, without McQueen. It was good to see him do it alone and not be afraid. Even though he didn’t want to go by Mr. Incredible, he still did really well today.

Up Next: Day 7: Our "No Park Day" becomes a "Park Day". Stranded on Tom Sawyer Island?? Almost. And who will sleep through Wishes??

Hi Karen.

I'm really enjoying your review.

I'm from Appleton, WI and my boyfriend and I are heading off to Disney next week for the first time too. We're staying at POP as well.

You took so many wonderful pictures which really only fueled my excitement.

Looks like you guys hit a pretty rainy week there:)

Hi Karen.

I'm really enjoying your review.

I'm from Appleton, WI and my boyfriend and I are heading off to Disney next week for the first time too. We're staying at POP as well.

You took so many wonderful pictures which really only fueled my excitement.

Looks like you guys hit a pretty rainy week there:)

Hi! Thanks for joining and congrats on your upcoming trip!!! I hope you guys like Pop!! It is a fun resort and we loved it.

From what I read it is pretty normal right now to have scattered showers every day - mostly every afternoon, and that is pretty much what happened with us. We had the 1 really rainy/drizzly day, then the other days we had like 1 or 2 small scattered showers in the afternoon or evening. The weather the last couple of days was better and didn't have any rain!

Hope you have a great trip!!!
Karen

Well that stinks the rain didn't cooperate for the afternoon!
It looks like you all made the best of it!

The rainy season is pretty much done...it hasn't really rained here in awhile.
It looks like it's slowly cooling down! It's still not cool enough for me yet !

I would love to hear your opinion about the action shows. We have never been to Lights, Motors, Action or Indiana Jones. We have decided that we will try to make a point to catch at least one of them on our upcoming trip. Which one did your your kids enjoy more? Which one did you enjoy more? Thanks!

Well that stinks the rain didn't cooperate for the afternoon!
It looks like you all made the best of it!

The rainy season is pretty much done...it hasn't really rained here in awhile.
It looks like it's slowly cooling down! It's still not cool enough for me yet !

Hi Karen! It was a great day - I couldn't believe it rained just as the parade was starting! At least we still got to see it though! And glad it didn't rain all day!!

I would love to hear your opinion about the action shows. We have never been to Lights, Motors, Action or Indiana Jones. We have decided that we will try to make a point to catch at least one of them on our upcoming trip. Which one did your your kids enjoy more? Which one did you enjoy more? Thanks!

We liked both of the stunt shows. LMA was HOT and it's a little longer show, but they both were good. I think the LMA has more action, where the IJ show is maybe a bit slower paced. They both have periods of action, followed by periods of talking. My kids both love cars so I think they enjoyed LMA more, but McQueen also liked IJ, even though he hasn't seen the movies he's seen the Wii game, so he did like it, but LMA was still his favorite. :thumbsup2

Hello all!

Sorry for the long delay in posting in update - been busy again this weekend!

I ran my first half marathon on Sunday and it was awesome! I had such a great time and it was a really great event. The race was wonderful - great weather and tons of crowd support...I had so much fun! I can't believe running 13 miles could be fun - but it was! I beat my goal time by 19 minutes so I was super happy with how I did. Such a great day.

I should have my next update done very soon!
Karen

Day 7: Morning: Downtown Disney and Swimming

Today we had another “off-park” day, and we planned to go back to DTD in the morning to do a little shopping and pick up some souvenirs!

We slept in a bit and ate a big breakfast at the Pop food court – Dan got a big sampler type platter, I got a bacon, egg, and cheese croissant which came with potatoes, and they boys got chocolate chip pancakes and sausage.

After breakfast we were headed to DTD, so we got in line for a bus and for some reason today it was quite long line and long wait – about the longest we’ve had all trip. But we made it to DTD about 10:30am, and did quite a bit of shopping, it would be our last time here so if there was something we wanted we needed to pick it up today.

We first stopped at the christmas store, where I picked out 2 ornaments and the kids each picked out an ornament. I love ornaments and our tree is covered with sentimental ornaments from various places we've been or events throughout the years - I just love ornaments.

After the ornaments we went to a bunch of other shops again. Dan and I both got t-shirts, Dan got 2 really cute Mickey sports-themed bobble heads, McQueen got a hat and Mater got a t-shirt. Also picked up some kitchen gadgets (cookie cutter and popsicle molds), and the boys each got to choose a toy at the Lego store.

DSC01139.jpg
DSC01135.jpg

Before leaving DTD we stopped at the restroom, and the boys saw the fountain and saw other kids running through it. They decided that they wanted to run through it - they thought they could get through it without getting wet! So off they went to try to dodge the water jets.

DSC01147.jpg
DSC01149.jpg

And here is the result of their attempts:

DSC01148.jpg
DSC01150.jpg
DSC01152.jpg

It was pretty funny and we all laughed when McQueen got pretty well soaked! He was a good sport about it though. From here we hopped back on the bus and along the way the boys admired their new lego sets:

DSC01157.jpg

We got back to the hotel about 12:30pm, and planned to head over to the pool, but we also needed to do some laudry while we were there. The laundry facilities are right next to the pool which was right outside out building, so while we waited for the laundry we swam for a while. Dan took the kids in while I started up the machines, and then had to go over to another building to get some change for the dryers – it was a bit of a hike to get the change, but in the end it all worked out fine. I missed about a half hour of pool time dealing with the laundry and the change machine, but I was able to hop in the pool after we got the laundry in the dryers.

When I met back up with them, the kids were out doing great and having fun in some life jackets that Dan had found. Since neither of them really love swimming and we’ve struggled through a few session of swim lesson with very little success, they liked having the life jackets on and we felt better as well.

IMG_0037.jpg
IMG_0055.jpg
IMG_0064.jpg

We swam around for a while, and once the laundry was done we headed back to our room, it was about 3:30pm by now. We all got cleaned up and the boys played with their Legos while we got ready. At about 4:30pm we decided to head over to the Magic Kingdom for the evening for the MSEP and Wishes! I was SO excited that we were going to go see them!

Up Next: A magical night at the Magic Kingdom

Hello all!

Sorry for the long delay in posting in update - been busy again this weekend!

I ran my first half marathon on Sunday and it was awesome! I had such a great time and it was a really great event. The race was wonderful - great weather and tons of crowd support...I had so much fun! I can't believe running 13 miles could be fun - but it was! I beat my goal time by 19 minutes so I was super happy with how I did. Such a great day.

I should have my next update done very soon!
Karen

That's fantastic Karen! Yay for betting your goal!

Too bad that you had to handle the laundry before getting in to swim. But, as they say, a woman/mother's work is never done.:laughing:

Great updates Karen!! I had read your AK day last week but must not have commented...you all look like you had a great day! You got to do a lot of things I wish we could have gotten in this last trip, we missed out on a lot of the trails and never did get to the boneyard with the kids! It seems like the boys had a lot of fun! YEAH that everyone got to go on Everest too!!! Sorry for the rain!! :sad2:

DHS looked like fun too!! Did it seem less busy because TSM was down?? I am sure the crowds were more packed down by RnRC and TOT. It gave you guys a chance to see a lot of the other attractions though too. Gabe LOVED Higglytown too when he was little. :lovestruc Helen got more out of Playhouse Disney than Gabe did, Gabe is more into Phineas and Ferb now. He did want to see Manny but his line was super long when we were over that way!

LOVE the DTD day. I need to plan a "non-park day" on the next trip. I have never been to DTD during the day time, it's always been at night. Looks like a lot of fun at the pool and nice to get a bit of laundry done too! Can't wait to hear about your evening in MK!!!!!! AND Congrats on running the half marathon!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana:

That's fantastic Karen! Yay for betting your goal!

Too bad that you had to handle the laundry before getting in to swim. But, as they say, a woman/mother's work is never done.:laughing:

Thanks Lisa!

Yeah, the laundry was a bit of a pain, did 2 loads and I couldn't believe the change machine didn't work! :headache: I mean, I did believe it since I had read that some of them don't work, but I couldn't believe it! Hiked it over to the main building for change, by the time I got back I was sure ready to hop in the pool! :rotfl:

Great updates Karen!! I had read your AK day last week but must not have commented...you all look like you had a great day! You got to do a lot of things I wish we could have gotten in this last trip, we missed out on a lot of the trails and never did get to the boneyard with the kids! It seems like the boys had a lot of fun! YEAH that everyone got to go on Everest too!!! Sorry for the rain!! :sad2:

DHS looked like fun too!! Did it seem less busy because TSM was down?? I am sure the crowds were more packed down by RnRC and TOT. It gave you guys a chance to see a lot of the other attractions though too. Gabe LOVED Higglytown too when he was little. :lovestruc Helen got more out of Playhouse Disney than Gabe did, Gabe is more into Phineas and Ferb now. He did want to see Manny but his line was super long when we were over that way!

LOVE the DTD day. I need to plan a "non-park day" on the next trip. I have never been to DTD during the day time, it's always been at night. Looks like a lot of fun at the pool and nice to get a bit of laundry done too! Can't wait to hear about your evening in MK!!!!!! AND Congrats on running the half marathon!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana:

Hi Beth!!!
AK was such a fun day, I really did enjoy it, we made the best of it amid the obstacles.

DHS didn't seem busy until we went to the LMA show - about 1pm we noticed it was busy..like really busy. Everyone was heading ot hte same place. The morning was dead, but then again we weren't by RNR or TOT. The rest of the afternoon it wasn't too bad, busy but not horrible, we still got right into Playhouse Live and Indiana Jones with no wait. Sorry you guys didn't get to see Manny - line was short for us so we hopped right in. Einsteins were also there are different times but had longer lines so we didn't do them.

DTD was fun during the day - our second shopping trip went better than the first afternoon we were over there - probably because we were buying more stuff and the kids were happy they got toys! :rotfl: They were much better behaved!

Karen

Looks like you all enjoyed Downtown Disney! I love going there and walking around if its not crowded. I could spend all day in the World of Disney Store!!!

The pool looks great! I love that they have life jackets...it's so helpful for little ones. Sorry you had to do laundry! I'm starting to think laundry & dishes are my life...never ending :lmao:!

Hi Karen! More great updates. I think it's awesome how much you guys were able to accomplish at all the parks for your first visit. Doing all that planning certainly paid off for you guys!

DTD and shopping...one of my favorite things to do in WDW. haha

So cool the boys got to meet Mater and Lightning McQueen. :thumbsup2 That's so cute they had such big smiles when you said you saw them. My cousin and his family are going for the first time in January and their one little boy is a HUGE Cars fan. I can't even imagine how excited he'll be if they meet those guys.

It looks like a fun day at DHS! Too cute that McQueen was mesmerized by Lights Motor Action. My boys reacted the same way the first time they saw it!:goodvibes

Aww...it's too bad that the rain didn't hold out for Block Party Bash. It's such a cute parade.:thumbsup2

I love DTD! That's so great that you planned a DTD day! That is definitely a goal of mine for our next trip!

Can't wait to hear about your night at MK!

Looks like you all enjoyed Downtown Disney! I love going there and walking around if its not crowded. I could spend all day in the World of Disney Store!!!

The pool looks great! I love that they have life jackets...it's so helpful for little ones. Sorry you had to do laundry! I'm starting to think laundry & dishes are my life...never ending :lmao:!

Hi Karen!
DTD was really fun, we had a fun morning shopping! WOD is HUGE! We didn't even go in some parts or it! :laughing:

I loved that they had life jackets too, the kids had a lot of fun and it took a little of the worry away since neither are good swimmers. The laundry wasn't all that bad either, we needed to do it so we just got it done! At least we could fit a lot in the machines - need that for here at home!

Hi Karen! More great updates. I think it's awesome how much you guys were able to accomplish at all the parks for your first visit. Doing all that planning certainly paid off for you guys!

DTD and shopping...one of my favorite things to do in WDW. haha

So cool the boys got to meet Mater and Lightning McQueen. :thumbsup2 That's so cute they had such big smiles when you said you saw them. My cousin and his family are going for the first time in January and their one little boy is a HUGE Cars fan. I can't even imagine how excited he'll be if they meet those guys.

Hi Sarah! I was pretty amazed too at how much we got done in all of the parks - there were some things we missed but for the most part we saw everything we wanted to! A big part in thanks to the DIS and all of the awesome planning advice on here! :thumbsup2

Yes, I could have shopped all day...so much fun!

It looks like a fun day at DHS! Too cute that McQueen was mesmerized by Lights Motor Action. My boys reacted the same way the first time they saw it!:goodvibes

Aww...it's too bad that the rain didn't hold out for Block Party Bash. It's such a cute parade.:thumbsup2

I love DTD! That's so great that you planned a DTD day! That is definitely a goal of mine for our next trip!

Can't wait to hear about your night at MK!

Hi Angie! DHS was fun, the kids still talk about the stunt shows! They really did enjoy them.

I'm slowly working through my next set of pix to get my next update ready! Still have a little ways to go though - MK was SO much fun that night!!! :lovestruc

Fun update Karen. It was a great idea to have a bit of "down time" in between all the fun at the parks. My boys are older, but the Lego Store is their favorite, too. That's where all our souvienir money goes!

Looks like some fun at the pool too.

Excited to hear about your night at MK.

Fun update Karen. It was a great idea to have a bit of "down time" in between all the fun at the parks. My boys are older, but the Lego Store is their favorite, too. That's where all our souvienir money goes!

Looks like some fun at the pool too.

Excited to hear about your night at MK.

Thanks Dee! It was nice having a couple of days to relax, even though we still went and did stuff it was nice to have some off-park days. Seems like all boys are Lego-obsessed!! Our house is overrun with Legos! :laughing:

Great update!

I :love: shopping at DTD!! So fun!

Thanks Heather!!

Day 7: Magic Kingdom Evening

When I left off we had just finished shopping and swimming and were heading back to MK for the evening! I was so excited to be going back for MSEP and Wishes!

We got there right about 5pm, and watched them do the Flag Retreat ceremony where they take the flag down, then headed over to Cosmic Rays for some dinner – we were all starving since we kind of skipped lunch today! Cosmic Rays was really empty – we got our food quickly, there were no lines, and tons if places to sit.

IMG_0072.jpg

I got a turkey wrap, Dan got a cheese steak sandwich, McQueen got PB&J and Mater got chicken nuggets. It was a good dinner and we all felt much better after that, we were all pretty hungry. Before swimming that afternoon we had munched on our giant mickey rice krispie bars and that was all we had eaten since breakfast!

It was right about time for Move It Shake It to start, so we left there and went right over in front of the castle and got a spot for the parade. Right then it started to sprinkle a bit, not terrible, but enough that we took cover under some nearby water fountain, and watched the first couple minutes of the parade from there. The rain didn’t last long and we were able to go back out to the curb, and we watched the rest from there. Neither of the kids wanted to get up and dance with the characters, so we just watched. It was a cute show and I’m glad we got to see it. I tried to get them out to dance but no one wanted to dance with me!

IMG_0104.jpg
IMG_0099.jpg

Once that was over we made our way back to Frontierland to ride Big Thunder Mountain AGAIN! Both boys were begging to go ride it again, so we got Fastpasses which we ended up not needing, because the sign said it was only a 10 minute wait so we walked right on! After riding it once we decided to just got back and ride it again, and not wait to use the FPs, so we headed right back in. They loved it again and it was a lot of fun!

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg
IMG_0127.jpg

After BTMRR, we hopped the boat to Tom Sawyer Island since we did not see that the other day. We walked around and explored that for a while, it was really cute and the kids loved it. It was fun since we were in no rush and we didn’t have anything to get to. The kids loved running around and exploring, but they got a little spooked walking through some of the caves!

IMG_0156.jpg
IMG_0135.jpg

We ended up being the very last people there and ended up riding back over with the cast members! There was a boat that left just as we got to the boat launch, it was quite full so I decided to run to the bathroom there and Dan told the girl we’d get the next boat. We didn’t realize they were closing and that it was the last boat! So we got a special ride back and they were nice enough to take a nice family picture of us on the boat!

IMG_0163.jpg

From there we went over to Fantasyland to see if we could ride anything there before going to get a spot for the parade, and we were able to walk on the carousel, which we all rode and we also rode Pooh again.

IMG_0179.jpg
IMG_0168.jpg

Mater really wanted to ride Dumbo but it had a 20 minute wait and we needed to go get a seat for the parade. By now it was getting dark and all the lights were being turned on – it was really great to see the castle all lit up – we walked through the castle onto Main St and found a spot to sit.

IMG_0182.jpg
IMG_0189.jpg

It was already really filling up and we were in the second row back. A couple in front of us were nice enough to let the kids squeeze in on the on curb with them, and Dan and I stood behind them. We had about a 45 minute wait, so I ended up running to Main St Bakery for ice cream cookie sandwiches! So were ate those and soon the parade began!

DSC01170.jpg

It was a really cool parade with all of the floats lit up and many characters in the parade as well – with on the floats or on the street dancing or walking. We all really liked it.

DSC01176.jpg
DSC01197.jpg
DSC01201.jpg

Once the parade was done, we quickly ran to the bathroom, got some water, and found a spot to view Wishes. We ended up along this little pathway just off of Main St, and we had a really good spot without being too far away from the exit. We had a nice clear view of the castle and had the fence to lean against.

IMG_0200.jpg

We sat there and waited, and Mater started getting really tired. He was leaning against the fence there and started falling asleep! It was really cute so I had to take a picture, poor little guy was just exhausted!

DSC01205.jpg

I picked him up and held him so he didn’t fall over, and held him while he slept through the entire show! The fireworks began and were really spectacular, choreographed to the music and talking, and it was a really amazing show. (I didn't take any pictures since I was holding Mater and trying to video the show at the same time! It worked okay and I got most of it on video.)

We were all really impressed, and Dan and I were both glad that we made the extra trip back over to see it – it was definitely worth it. I was completely in awe.

Once done we made our way onto Main St and began to head out. It was super crowded but we moved along pretty well and were out of the park within a few minutes, and to our bus stop. They were running multiple stops for our hotel, and we were able to get on the 3rd bus for our hotel (2nd for our queue) and it went really fast.

During the bus ride home Mater was sitting on my lap and we were talking about how we had 2 more days until we had to go home and I asked him if he wanted to go home and said “but mom, I LOOOVVVVE Disney World!” It was very cute. We were able to get a seat on the bus which was nice since the boys were both tired and fell asleep during the ride back to the hotel. It was about 11pm by the time we got back, we got the kids to bed quickly and they fell right asleep within minutes. Dan and I were very impressed with how fast they got people out of there and back to the resorts. It was a really great night.

Today’s Highlights:
*Shopping was fun! We all got a little something and Dan and I got really cool t-shirts! The boys love their Legos, and the shopping actually went well this morning, kids had fun and it was fairly non-stressful!
*I’m glad we got back over to the Magic Kingdom and were able to so Tom Sawyer island, see Move It Shake It, Main St Electrical Parade and Wishes. We saw a lot that we didn’t get to see the other 2.5 days we were there. They boys loved riding Big Thunder Mountain again and I’m glad we were able to do that a few more times with them.
*We had great weather today! It was hot this afternoon/evening, but we only had the one little sprinkle at 5:45pm and that only last a couple of minutes. This was our first day really without rain and it was great!
*Wishes was amazing – wonderful fireworks and an incredible setting over the castle. I’m so glad we were able to get it in tonight after not being able to go a few nights ago. It took rank as my #1 favorite experience at Disney, bumping FOTLK to #2. It was the moment of the trip where it all just came together – the castle, the fireworks, the music, the lyrics and lines from the movies, the children, Dan, and I. It was more than I ever dreamed of...it was magic.

Up Next: We finally make it to Epcot!!! And here begins "walkings tough."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter