Test Track, Big Thunder, and Everest, Oh My! A First Time Trip with Lots of Thrills!

I just found your trip report and i'm hooked!!!(I'm a stay at home mom to):lovestrucMy family goes to WDW every year this will be our 13th trip in 8yrs.s!!:wizard:I'm so sorry to hear about your little one:hug: I hope all is well I plan on writting my first trip report this year! My oldest daughter is writing her first pre-trip report right now:cutie: Here her link :

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2500582

Hi and Welcome!! Thanks for joining in! Wow you have had a lot of trips! And your next trip is coming up so soon - 2 weeks!!! Your daughters PTR is cute - and it's nice to have them involved in the planning and excitement! :thumbsup2

YAY...you started your TR!!!
I'm here!!! :goodvibes

Hi Heather!!!
Thanks for joining - I'm so behind on my reading and have to get caught up on your TR! Since getting home I've been so swamped - unpacking, laundry, pictures, this TR, first day of school, and now sick kids! I'll pop over soon and catch up though I promise!
Karen

Great update Karen! Everything POP is a great place to eat! We could always find something there! I love hearing about the Dining Plan. We have yet to try it so I like hearing other people's reviews! Glad the boys liked the "Mickey Bus"!! It's always Gabe's favorite too (except when we are going home). The newly furnished POP rooms look great!! It's nice that they have the separating curtain now too, they didn't when we stayed there on our 2007 trip! Excited to hear if you ventured to MK or not! It's always a hard decision for us too on travel day whether or not to hit up a park! I hope McQueen will feel better fast, sad he had to miss the first day of school!!

Great update Karen! Everything POP is a great place to eat! We could always find something there! I love hearing about the Dining Plan. We have yet to try it so I like hearing other people's reviews! Glad the boys liked the "Mickey Bus"!! It's always Gabe's favorite too (except when we are going home). The newly furnished POP rooms look great!! It's nice that they have the separating curtain now too, they didn't when we stayed there on our 2007 trip! Excited to hear if you ventured to MK or not! It's always a hard decision for us too on travel day whether or not to hit up a park! I hope McQueen will feel better fast, sad he had to miss the first day of school!!

Thanks Beth! There was a lot of choices of stuff to eat at Everything Pop - the kids always choose the same stuff :rolleyes: but Dan and I tried a lot of different stuff, and it was all pretty good.

The rooms were nice, and I LOVE that curtain - really need that when you're the only girl among a family of boys!!! :rotfl: I need my privacy sometimes from those nosey little buggers!

Hello! Enjoying your TR immensely! Looks like a great start to a 1st time WDW family trip - and I hope many to follow.

I hope McQueen feels better soon. It's always so hard when children are sick - we tend to feel so helpless.

So sorry to hear about your son. I hope he is feeling better soon. It is so hard to concentrate on anything else when one of your kids is sick.:hug:

I enjoyed reading about your magical express experience and arrival at POP. It looks like such a fun resort! Your boys are a GREAT age for their first trip to Disney.

Can't wait to see more of your trip when you have a chance to write. I bet you make it to MK on the first day. I also bet that the characters are BLOWN AWAY by the awesome autograph books I saw in your pre-trippie!

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I am sure it's a scary time for you right now. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

It was nice to hear that you actually ended up liking your room location. Sometimes, what we think is the worst room actually ends up being a great room.

Looking forward to more.

Subbing. I'm loving your report so far! I really hope that your little one has turned the corner and is feeling a little better by now. Poor little guy.

Hey Karen!
All caught up now! :goodvibes

:love: your AK shirts you had in the first pic! Great job!
Thats great that yall had a good flight. My kids have never flown either and DS says he doesnt want to.
We loved POP and the refurbed rooms were great IMO! We had a corner room too, which was nice.
That DP was a bit crazy...we went deluxe ( cant remember what you had) and we never got the hang of it! :rotfl:

Oh no! Poor McQueen....I hope he's all better now!

Hello! Enjoying your TR immensely! Looks like a great start to a 1st time WDW family trip - and I hope many to follow.

I hope McQueen feels better soon. It's always so hard when children are sick - we tend to feel so helpless.

Thanks and Welcome! I'm glad you are enjoying reading it...I'm sure enjoying writing it!!! It was a great first trip - so many great memories were made!
Thank you for the kind thoughts about my son - it is very scary. Even though we're somewhat used to dealing with his severe colds and coughing/breathing issues, it is always scary and I always worry about it turning into pneumonia...this time it did. He's doing okay, hoping he's over the worst of it.

So sorry to hear about your son. I hope he is feeling better soon. It is so hard to concentrate on anything else when one of your kids is sick.:hug:

I enjoyed reading about your magical express experience and arrival at POP. It looks like such a fun resort! Your boys are a GREAT age for their first trip to Disney.

Can't wait to see more of your trip when you have a chance to write. I bet you make it to MK on the first day. I also bet that the characters are BLOWN AWAY by the awesome autograph books I saw in your pre-trippie!

Thanks Dee! He seems to be improvig a little bit, still coughing A LOT. I wish he would sleep, he was up most of the night last night and we tried to nap today but he just coughed constantly the whole time. So I have to get him to bed early tonight - very soon in fact.

Pop was a fun resort, we all really liked it and the kids loved it - so colorful and fun and they loved all of the giant "stuff" all over the place. They liked that we were in the "Phone building"!

Thanks for the compliments on the autograph books - they actually didn't get used as much as I would have hoped - we got some autographs but not a ton. More on that later! ;)

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I am sure it's a scary time for you right now. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

It was nice to hear that you actually ended up liking your room location. Sometimes, what we think is the worst room actually ends up being a great room.

Looking forward to more.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! The kindness here on the DIS is so wonderful!

We did like the room, it was super quiet and once we foudn the back paths to the main building (not just the front path along the parking lot) it was a fun walk - kids ran to see the potato heads, the big wheel, and a bunch of other fun stuff along the way - so it was an entertaining walk at least!

Subbing. I'm loving your report so far! I really hope that your little one has turned the corner and is feeling a little better by now. Poor little guy.

Welcome! Thanks for joining! I think the meds he was given are starting to work a little bit - hopefully he can get some good rest tonight and I'm hoping that by morning his coughing will be down...he's still coughing almost constantly.

Hey Karen!
All caught up now! :goodvibes

:love: your AK shirts you had in the first pic! Great job!
Thats great that yall had a good flight. My kids have never flown either and DS says he doesnt want to.
We loved POP and the refurbed rooms were great IMO! We had a corner room too, which was nice.
That DP was a bit crazy...we went deluxe ( cant remember what you had) and we never got the hang of it! :rotfl:

Oh no! Poor McQueen....I hope he's all better now!

Thanks Heather! The shirts all turned out nice and I was really happy with them - the picutes do look cute with us all wearing same or sililar shirts. We got a lot of comments on them - one lady even took a picture of us in our Epcot shirts - it was hilarious!

The flight was so good, neither one of them were scared and they both really liked it...I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Sure beats driving for 2 days straight!

We only had the QSDP and we were confused by it for the first 2 day!!! :rotfl: But eventually we figured it out, with the help of several patient and helpful cast members!

So did we go to MK our first afternoon?

It didn’t take much debate because I REALLY wanted to get over to MK that afternoon, so that’s what we did! We got to the bus stop and like the rest of our day, have very little wait for a bus! There was a bit of a line so we did have to stand on this bus ride, but we didn’t care one bit because we were going to MK! The kids were excited and soon we passed under the Magic Kingdom gate and we were there!

At this point I was very excited, a bit nervous, and really thrilled for the kids. We found our way to the entrance (followed the crowds since we didn’t know where to go) and got through the bag check and ticketing just fine. And there we were! We were in! We walked around and onto Main St, I was a bit surprised by how busy it was (I later found out there was EMH that night, not sure how I missed knowing about that) but we didn’t plan to do any rides and just wanted to walk around and take it all in. I started taking pictures, had the boys sit by the statue and do pictures down Main St. I grabbed both of their hands and we walked together down Main St, just like I always wanted. :goodvibes

IMG_8910.jpg
IMG_8907.jpg

I tried a couple of times to get in with a PhotoPass person but they were swamped, the couple of times I did wait in line people cut right in front of me and I was beginning to get a bit frustrated (and by “a bit” I mean “quite a bit”)…all I wanted was a picture together!!! I guess so did everyone else :rolleyes: ...so we decided to chill for a bit at the Main Street Bakery and get a snack and cool down, it was a stifling hot afternoon. We ordered 2 enormous Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches (thanks Beth (Coreys Gal) for the great tip on these!) They were huge and absolutely delicious!!! Great first snack at WDW!

IMG_8911.jpg

After cooling off for a little bit and getting rejuvenated, we continued down Main St. I took some pix of the boys, and we finally found a PhotoPass person to get in with down at the hub. (I don’t have my Photopass pix yet, but here is one she took with my camera).

IMG_8916.jpg
IMG_8917.jpg

We had hoped to see the 5:15pm show of Dream Along with Mickey, and we had about a 45 minute wait, so we decided to walk over to Toontown and do Mickey’s and Minnie’s houses. Along the way we saw the Teacups and couldn’t wait to ride it the next day!

Once in Toontown we realized the place was PACKED! So we went into Minnie’s house first (fairly cool and air conditioned) and the kids liked that, it was cute. They loved the kitchen and played with the microwave for quite a while. It was hard to get any decent pictures in there it was so crowded, but it was still really cute.

IMG_8926.jpg
IMG_8932.jpg

IMG_8935.jpg

After that it was time for Mickey’s house, and this one was less crowded so we hung out in there for a while. The kids loved the garden and most of all Mickey’s garage! I think they spent more time in the garage than the house! We stopped in the Judges Tent but the kids didn’t want to wait the 30 minutes to see Mickey, we figured we’d do it another day.

IMG_8936.jpg
IMG_8939.jpg
IMG_8952.jpg

IMG_8937.jpg
IMG_8944.jpg

I HAD to take a picture of those Mickey Mouse bibs! I almost died when I saw them - I'm originally from Oshkosh, WI, so Oshkosh B'Gosh was huge for us growing up - I thought that was an adorable touch!

About this time we heard the train come through and the kids wanted to see it, so we walked over and watched it pull out. Along the way they saw Donald’s Boat and they wanted to do that next, so in we went! About this time I realized that we were not going to make the 5:15 Dream Along show but that was okay, we’d catch it another day, the kids were having fun and I didn’t want to rush them out. They loved playing in Donald’s Boat and it was nice for them to be able to cool off a little bit.

IMG_8974.jpg
IMG_8958.jpg

IMG_8971.jpg
IMG_8963.jpg

I know it probably seems like I’ve mentioned the heat a lot already :rolleyes:, but I was shocked by how hot it was. (We’ve had a pretty hot/humid summer here but it was nothing compared to this heat, I’ve never in my life sweated like I did down there!). We were constantly searching for more water to drink, and we had brought some insulated bottle with us to fill with water. In Donald’s Boat they got wet but not completely drenched, so it was a nice break for them and we got to sit a bit too!

It was about time for Move it Shake It to begin, and we noticed the skies were getting pretty dark and ominous and thought we better head back toward Main St incase we needed to take cover, but we didn’t make it! It started to downpour right as we were passing Cosmic Rays so we ducked in there and grabbed a spot on the outdoor covered patio part and could see some of Move It Shake It from there, and at least hear the music. They ran the show but did not stop to do the dancing parts.

IMG_8979.jpg

The rain let up after about 20 minutes and we decided to go take a walk through the castle. It was really cool to be up that close and walk through.

IMG_8982-1.jpg
IMG_8986.jpg

IMG_8991.jpg

When we exited the back we got our first good look at Fantasyland! We couldn’t wait to come back and do rides the next morning. By now it was about 6pm, we were all getting a little tired and it had been a long day, and the skies were looking quite dark again, it was sprinkling again, so we decided to head back to the hotel and get a good nights rest – we’d be back in the morning for rides! So we headed out and made our way to the bus terminal, Mater was starting to get tired and only one time asked someone to carry him (which we didn’t)! He actually managed to walk farther than I thought he would without complaint!

We had to wait a little bit for a bus, maybe 15 minutes, but we were first in line so were able to get a seat and had a nice ride back – very quick. We walked back to our room where we found our suitcases had all been delivered – yeah for Magical Express! I unpacked the suitcases and we gave the kids baths. Kids were in bed and asleep shortly after 9pm, and we went to bed shortly after – we were all very tired after a long and exciting day.

All in all it was a great day – the travel went excellent, much better than I expected, and the Magical Express was just excellent – incredibly good service. I’m not sure if heading over to MK the first day was the very best thing for us, we were only there about 2 hours, and it was very crowded, and very, very hot. We spent most of our time going from one water fountain to the next and constantly refilling bottles and getting drinks, and looking to where to get more water (but it came in handy the next day when we knew right where all the fountains were.) We had a few frustrations with waiting in line for Photopass and people cutting in front of us, I guess I needed to be more forceful and stand my ground! (I'm just not the type to scream out "hey I was next!") I thought that by standing there behind/next to the photographer with my card in hand would be enough to show people that we were waiting in line!!! But I’m still glad we went and were able to see and do a few fun things that first day. It was great just to be there and take it all in. And ice cream was good too. :goodvibes

Up Next: MK Day 1 – Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. What will be our very first ride??? And what will be our scariest ride??

Hi Karen!! I am so happy you are writing at TR. I am looking forward to reading all about your trip. :goodvibes

2100 pictures!! How great!! I am really looking forward to getting back to Disney to take pictures. I have always loved taking them but I was just transition to a digital camera at that point so this trip will be lots of fun for me with that aspect with me. Which program do you use to edit your photos?

Wow! Both of your DS look wide awake that early in the morning!! So glad the drive to the airport and flight were smooth. :thumbsup2

Oh my!! I sure hope McQueen is feeling better!! I'll add him to my prayers.

While we have been to Disney one other time, it was before the dining plan. I am a little nervous to figure it out too! Any tips?

I'm looking forward to finding the picture of Roy and Minnie. Oh my those ice cream sandwiches look so delicious!! I may have to add that to my snack list. :goodvibes I've never seen the MouseKosh bibs before!! So cute!!

Good first day overall!! Looking forward to reading more when you have the time to post. popcorn::

Woo hoo for going to the MK right away! :banana:

Those ice cream sandwiches look so good. I have never had one of those things. :rolleyes1 Maybe next trip!

When I saw you went to Toontown and Mickey's house I was wondering if you were going to have a picture of the overalls with Mousekosh on them. hehe It is such a fun touch and only us Wisconsinites could really appreciate that!

I agree about the heat. It was pretty bad here this summer but Florida takes it to a whole different level. :scared1: I can put up with it for a few days but I would not want to live like that for several months! I'd much rather have our cold. haha

Can't wait to hear about your first morning!

Cant wait to hear what all you rode! :)

Those ice cream sandwiches looked great!!

The ice cream was awesome, and the cookies there are pretty darn good too!

One thing I will say now about the rides, not to give too much away, but we rode a lot - I felt like we got a lot of rides in on all of the days down there. I don't know if it was lower crowds or being at the right park on the right day, or having a good touring plan, but we rarely waited more than 10-15 minutes for anything, A LOT of stuff we walked on (either from FP or just no lines), even major attractions we repeatedly walked on. Can't wait to tell you about the rides!

Hi Karen, :wave2:
I just found your report - subbing! :goodvibes Will catch up tomorrow!

:welcome: Thanks for joining! So great to have more readers!! You have a trip coming up soon too!

Hi Karen!! I am so happy you are writing at TR. I am looking forward to reading all about your trip. :goodvibes

2100 pictures!! How great!! I am really looking forward to getting back to Disney to take pictures. I have always loved taking them but I was just transition to a digital camera at that point so this trip will be lots of fun for me with that aspect with me. Which program do you use to edit your photos?

Wow! Both of your DS look wide awake that early in the morning!! So glad the drive to the airport and flight were smooth. :thumbsup2

Oh my!! I sure hope McQueen is feeling better!! I'll add him to my prayers.

While we have been to Disney one other time, it was before the dining plan. I am a little nervous to figure it out too! Any tips?

I'm looking forward to finding the picture of Roy and Minnie. Oh my those ice cream sandwiches look so delicious!! I may have to add that to my snack list. :goodvibes I've never seen the MouseKosh bibs before!! So cute!!

Good first day overall!! Looking forward to reading more when you have the time to post. popcorn::

Hi Stephanie!

I use and old (ancient) version of Adobe Photoshop Elements (it came with my DSLR 7 years ago when I got it) but it is a great program - pretty easy to use and you can do some nice effects. The program has saved a lot of so-so pix for me and made them usable pcitures! There are new Elements programs out that are really good (and can be used for digital scrapbooking), I'd love to upgrade but its costly and mine still works fine.

It was a first great day - I still can't believe how smooth it all went and how fast all fo the busses and check-in were. I was very impressed with all of it!

McQueen is doing much better today, he was still coughing a lot yesterday but we put him to bed very early and he got a great nights sleep, and his coughing, like flipping a switch, just completely stopped during the night - the meds finally took effect. I had to do 1 breathing treatment with him at midnight, and he never coughed after that, and he got up this morning like he was perfectly fine (still a little sniffle) so I sent him to school this morning, he was so excited to go, but sad that he missed the first day yesterday. I was able to talk to his teacher and excuse him from PE today and he knows he can't run around at recess or it'll set off an asthma attack, so I'm hoping he'll have a great day and no problems. He was so happy to be at school, he lined up and started talking to his friends and just had the biggest grin on his face - shot he a quick glance and a wave, and headed into school.

Woo hoo for going to the MK right away! :banana:

Those ice cream sandwiches look so good. I have never had one of those things. :rolleyes1 Maybe next trip!

When I saw you went to Toontown and Mickey's house I was wondering if you were going to have a picture of the overalls with Mousekosh on them. hehe It is such a fun touch and only us Wisconsinites could really appreciate that!

I agree about the heat. It was pretty bad here this summer but Florida takes it to a whole different level. :scared1: I can put up with it for a few days but I would not want to live like that for several months! I'd much rather have our cold. haha

Can't wait to hear about your first morning!

Hahah - I knew you'd like those bibs! I laughed when I saw them!

You gotta try the ice cream sandwiches - we split one and the kids split theirs - to me they actually look smaller in the pictures then they did in person! The cookies gotta be like 6 inches around, they are huge - then in go 3 big scoops of ice cream, and they crush them flat. So delicious! I couldn't get any more pix before everyone dove into them! :laughing:

It seemed by like the 3rd day I was getting used to the heat - it was still hot but I could finally stand it! The first 2 days all you could think about was how hot it was, but after that it didn't bother me as much - only when I noticed the sweat trickling down my back and legs!! Ugh! :rotfl:

Hey there!!

I just found your TR and have enjoyed reading it so far!! We have been to WDW a couple times but this will be our first time staying at POP. Im really excited.. Did you kids love the larger then life statues??? I think mine will love them.. I look forward to reading the rest!!

Great update! So glad you made it to MK the first day. It's like a "bonus day". We always do that first thing, even though going to another park would be more convenient. The boys, ages 12 and 9, insist on going to MK first.

Great Main Street photos! I love the way Main Street and the Castle look behind the boys on the bench with Roy and Minnie. The one of you and the boys holding hands is precious, too! Do you have to beg to be in photos? I feel really vain, but I have to ask members of my family to take pictures of me once in awhile so there is actually proof that I was on vacation with them!

Yum on the ice cream sandwiches-- SUGAR OVERLOAD!

I'm gonna guess Dumbo first. Scariest? Please tell me you didn't try out the much maligned Stitch!

Hey there!!

I just found your TR and have enjoyed reading it so far!! We have been to WDW a couple times but this will be our first time staying at POP. Im really excited.. Did you kids love the larger then life statues??? I think mine will love them.. I look forward to reading the rest!!

Thanks for joining! Congrats on your trip in 3 weeks! Your must be so excited!

We really did like Pop - the kids LOVED all of the giant statues and icons around the property - it was fun walking around and seeing what we would find! It is a very fun place, great atmosphere for kids! Hope you have a great trip!

Great update! So glad you made it to MK the first day. It's like a "bonus day". We always do that first thing, even though going to another park would be more convenient. The boys, ages 12 and 9, insist on going to MK first.

Great Main Street photos! I love the way Main Street and the Castle look behind the boys on the bench with Roy and Minnie. The one of you and the boys holding hands is precious, too! Do you have to beg to be in photos? I feel really vain, but I have to ask members of my family to take pictures of me once in awhile so there is actually proof that I was on vacation with them!

Yum on the ice cream sandwiches-- SUGAR OVERLOAD!

I'm gonna guess Dumbo first. Scariest? Please tell me you didn't try out the much maligned Stitch!

Hi Dee!

I loved taking pictures on Main St, I could have stayed there for hours just taking pictures! But the family would only tolerate about 5 minutes then they were done - no more smiles! I too have to ask to be in the pictures - I told Dan before the trip that if I ever just hand him the camera that's the signal that I want to be in a picture! And it worked pretty well - the first couple times I handed off the camera I did say "take my picture" but then I didn't have to ask anymore. I was on this vacation too and should be in a couple of pictures!!! That's another reason I did a lot of Photopass, wanted group shots and was sure I'd be in them!

Great guesses on the rides!! ;) We'll have to wait for my next update to find out!! Your comment on Stitch made me laugh though - we did do it, but that wasn't the scariest!!!

Karen

Day 2: MK Morning - Fantasyland & Our First Ride

We got up about 6:30am and were hoping to make it for rope drop at MK this morning. We all put on our totally awesome “Our First Trip” matching shirts and our First Visit buttons!

IMG_8999.jpg

By the time we got everyone ready, and headed over to the food court it was about 8:00am, I knew already we weren’t going to make it!! We got to the bus stop about 8:45am, and arrived at MK at 9:15. We got in and did some Photopass pictures, and made our way up to the Castle and through into Fantasyland.

We got into FL about 9:30am and there it was…the first ride we had all been waiting for: DUMBO.

IMG_9009.jpg

We got in line and had about a 10-15 minute wait – it was worth it though. Mater was so excited for Dumbo he was literally jumping up and down when we got up to the front of the queue. We got into our Dumbos and I did a few pictures, and up and away we went in our flying Dumbos! It was so much fun – I kept looking behind to see Mater’s face and was able to capture one of my favorite pictures from the trip (added a cropped up version so you can see his face!):

IMG_9013.jpg

IMG_9013copy.jpg

We got off and decided to walk over to Pooh to get a FP but there was no line so we just went right on! The kids loved it, it was a really cute ride, and as soon as it was done they asked to ride again, so right back in line we literally walked right back on for a second ride!

IMG_9020.jpg
IMG_9025.jpg

After Pooh we walked to the Carousel, where we saw our first characters – Peter Pan and Wendy! They were heading off rather quickly so we didn’t get to stop and meet them, but it was still fun to see them. The kids tried mightily to pull the Sword from the Stone, but were unsuccessful.

IMG_9035.jpg

We noticed the carousel had no line, so we walked on to that and the boys rode it – they really liked it.

IMG_9045.jpg
IMG_9039.jpg

IMG_9038.jpg

IMG_9043.jpg

They asked to do it again but we decided to go to Snow White instead, as a bit of a line was forming for that, I figured we better get to that asap before it got longer. The sign said 10 minute and we probably waited about 10 minutes for it, maybe it wasn’t that long but it was a little bit. I was a little worried about them being scared, but as soon as Mater saw Grumpy in there, he was thrilled! He pointed, giggled and then yelled “There’s Grumpyyyyy!” They both got a little scared at a couple of points during the ride, but overall they both liked it, although no one asked to ride it again.

IMG_9047.jpg

From here we went over to Peter Pan. It said 10 minutes wait but we were on in less than 5, and this was a really great ride. I rode with McQueen and as soon as we started taking off and “floating” over the city, he was just fascinated and said “whoaaaaa”. It was so sweet it brought tears to my eyes. Then he asked “mom, are we really flying?” I asked him what he thought and he said yes. Totally magical moment, I fought back the tears the whole ride. :lovestruc McQueen immediately asked to ride again so we decided to try out the FastPasses – our first time using it! I took the cards to the machine and out came 2 FPs, one for PP, and a Surprise FP for Mickeys PhilharMagic (which I know you don’t really need a FP for), but we were going to go do next anyway and the times on it were for the next hour.

IMG_9049.jpg
IMG_9050.jpg

So we took our FPs and headed to the PhilharMagic – we walked right up and they let us in the FP line, we went and grabbed our glasses and within a couple of minutes we were being seated. We all loved the show, and it was the first 3D show the kids had ever really seen. So a minute into it when all of the instruments and things start flying out at you, both of the boys started reaching out and grabbing for the things in front of them – it was so cute and funny. Then they would take off the glasses and look, put them back on and start grabbing for things again. Eventually they figured out that nothing was actually coming out at them, but it was so funny. We were all very surprised by the “special effects” you feel – but it was really awesome, totally great show. I loved the Aladdin scene with “A Whole New World” and it brought tears to my eyes listening to that song and thinking about the boys the all they would experience here.

After PhilharMagic, we decided it would be a good time to go do the Teacups, we had some time before we could use our Peter Pan FP’s, so off to the teacups we went. Dan decided to sit this one out (he doesn’t do so well on spinning rides) and so I rode with the boys. We walked up and the sign said 10 minute wait, and again we probably got on in less than 5. We grabbed a cup (the boys didn’t want a pink cup of course) and I took a couple quick pictures before hopping in myself and we started spinning away! It was so much fun! A few times we had to stop we were just going so fast, but we all loved it and laughed the entire time. This was another “can we do it again” ride, and since the line was so short we went and got right back on. This time I gave Dan my camera and he got some cute pictures of us on it. I think we spun even faster the second time!

IMG_9061.jpg

IMG_9064.jpg

By now it was just about time for our PP FPs so we went back over there and rode that a second time, this time we switched up and I rode with Mater, he really liked it, although he did not like Captain Hook very much, he said “those pirates are mean”. But he liked it when the crocodile got Hook!

By now it was 11:30am and we decided it was a good time to break for lunch – we had gotten a lot done in 2 hours and rode everything we wanted to, some things twice! In 2 hours we rode/saw:

*Dumbo
*Carousel
*Snow White
*Philharmagic
*Pooh x 2
*Teacups x 2
*Peter Pan x 2

We decided to do lunch at Pinocchio’s Village Haus. We were actually very impressed with this restaurant, although the menu was quite limited (only like 6 choices, 3 for kids meals) the restaurant was very clean, cute/well themed, and cool/comfortable. We quickly got our food and had a great meal. Kids had mac ‘n cheese, Dan got chicken tenders, and I got a Caesar salad. We had strawberry cheesecake for desert!

IMG_9077.jpg
IMG_9073.jpg

After a nice lunch and a chance to sit and cool off for a bit, we were done with Fantasyland and it was time to head over to Tomorrowland for the afternoon.

We all loved Fantasyland and had so much fun there! It was the perfect first morning and I could not have asked for anything better… :goodvibes

Up Next - MK Afternoon: Tomorrowland and Our Scariest Ride!

Loved your boys' expressions on the rides :love: What cuties they are (is it okay to call boys cuties? :confused3 I have four boys and could get away with it when they were little :rotfl2:) What a great morning you already are having - isn't it so much fun to jump right back on a ride?!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter