Test Track and about it

Skip to my Lou

Welcomed Home annually since 2005
I have heard a lot about Test Track and it sounds pretty fun. But are the lines really long because my DD 7 isn't really good with long wait times or lines. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I went in May, it was the longest line I stood in. But that may have been because of breakdowns.

The standby line is usually quite long. If you have a young child who cannot stand waiting in line, use fastpass.

Yep, Fastpass is about the only way to go if you want to avoid long lines with this attraction. It really is a neat attraction and one of my favorites.

-pwmitch237

Test Track ....imho....is the #1 ride that's gonna break down at some point during the day...

That's why the waits are usually long ..particularly in the afternoon.

We always ride TT SR (Single Rider)....although we never tried it when the kids were 7.

When the kids were young and we started trying SR...I would go first, then DH would go last...and sandwich the kids in between...that way I would look for them one by one...and by the time DH would get off I would have all 3....

There's a good chance that if you ride TT using SR...you may end up in the same car anyway....we have many times...

So that is what I would suggest...

Disney Hugs,
Mary

You can also hit it at rope drop, and sometimes get in two rides without using the FP without the lines being terrible. What does she consider a long line? I usually start getting impatient at 15 min, so I use FP if longer than that. But TT is worth it, for sure.

We just rode it the other day. We used FastPass and only waited about 10 minutes. DD6 loved it. It was her favorite ride at Epcot.

Normally whenever I go it's a 20-45 minute wait and other times its a walk on.Either way you should be able to manage or use the FP.

And now I have to ask why can't she wait in line? Unless it's bc of a medical reason she should be made to wait in line like everyone else.So she doesn't get spoiled.

And now I have to ask why can't she wait in line? Unless it's bc of a medical reason she should be made to wait in line like everyone else.So she doesn't get spoiled.

The OP did not say anything about that she can't wait in line. Just that she doesn't handle them well. You response makes it seem like they are trying to get around something which they are not.

As previously mentioned, Fastpass is the way to go. However, even still I recommend getting this out of the way early. Even with Fastpass, there is a wait involved, and if there were problems then there can be a lot of people in the Fastpass line. But I would avoid the standby line at all costs unless you go straight there at rope drop. It can get long fast, and the clock at the front can be pretty inaccurate. I was stuck in there for a "30 minute" wait for over 90 minutes little more than an hour after rope drop.

If you go there immediately and ride and pick up a fastpas for later OR if you get a fastpass for later and come back the line will be a lesser wait. Fastpass pickups, as long as they are available, are great. Even if you are not sure you will want to ride you can go ahead and get fastpasses and them hand them on to someone else if you never use them :)
Waiting in line is hard, wee toys, a portable game system (i.E. Ds or PSP), a lollipop, snack or small drawing pad etc. can pass the time - heck even playing I Spy or other games will be helpful. Before you know it the lines will be moving and you will be on (and good memories will be shared even waiting in line).

There's a good chance that if you ride TT using SR...you may end up in the same car anyway....we have many times...

Agree, as DH and I use single rider all the time and frequently end up in the same car. However it is absolutely NOT guaranteed, and if they're going to split you up, there is nothing you can do about it. In fact, they'll warn you all along the way that you WILL be split up.

I just wanted to mention that because you child is 7, and there's an equally good chance she might have to ride on her own if you go Single Rider. If she (and you) are ok with that, great! But if not... you should know they will not make exceptions for you and you might have to exit and get back in the standby line. :headache:

In defense of the seven year old, I'm 40 and I'm not very good with lines, either. ;) My rule is I won't wait longer than 15 minutes, so I'm always looking for ways to maximize my touring time.

For Test Track, we go straight there at rope drop -- get fastpasses, ride it once standby, and then come back with a fastpass.

My DD loves rollercoasters, but is terrified of Soarin' so we don't have to make the Test Track/Soarin' decision. It's all about Test Track for us.

Solid advice here, if you hustle it with the rope drop crowd, you should be able to get at least one, if not two rides in before the line really gets long, otherwise get Fast Passes, and the wait isn't likely to be more than 10 to 15 minutes at worst.

We just returned from WDW after being there the week of Thanksgiving. We rode TT three times in two days. On both Thursday (11/26) and Friday (11/27) we arrived at Epcot early (before 7:30 a.m.) and were one of the first groups through the turnstiles when the park opened. We were able to get very close to the rope and when it dropped we went straight to TT.

We never stopped in line and were on TT within minutes of the rope drop both mornings. Then, on Friday, we got a FP for TT after our first ride and managed to ride it again later that day (TT as actually not working when we returned to use our FP, but we went back about an hour later and rode. That was the longest time we waited for TT, standing in the FP return line for about 10 minutes.)

I don't suggest trying the single rider line with young children, unless the entire party, including the children, understand that the group could be split up. If you get to the front of the singles line and demand to sit with your child, you may be sent back to the standby line.

When we went in October we went directly to Soarin at rope drop, rode it stand-by and then headed to Test Track and rode it stand-by with about a ten minute wait. And really, by the time we walked through all the first part of the line area, there wasn't much of a wait at all. We did this on 2 different days and it worked great both days. It wasn't a very crowded time of year, though, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter