tesco vouchers???

martinrmn

DIS Veteran
Has anyone else used these vouchers to pay for Virgin? We recently found out that we can use these against the cost of holidays with Virgin. Every £100 gives you £400 off a Virgin holiday!! As of now we are saving for next year.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :thumbsup2

Hi

Gotta say I haven't used them for this purpose ....yet!

I got my vouchers through today and decided to flick through the ways to spend them. In no time I'd spotted the Virgin Holidays to Florida :cool1: . So I am going to save all mine up:goodvibes - they expire in 2 years so that will be a considerable amount off the price of a holiday :thumbsup2

We use ours on BA miles so now have enough for 2 free flights ( well apart from tax) :yay: :yay:

We havent used ours but we are saving to use them for this purpose!
Or free flights! We can also use them for a night at the hilton in Gatwick!

It can indeed be a good deal but there may be certain drawbacks.

I think that use of the Tesco vouchers "cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer" which means the 10% online discount for example.

It's still worth it if you have a decent amount of vouchers although there are rumours of VH dropping out of the scheme.

Maybe somone else can confirm.

It can indeed be a good deal but there may be certain drawbacks.

I think that use of the Tesco vouchers "cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer" which means the 10% online discount for example.

It's still worth it if you have a decent amount of vouchers although there are rumours of VH dropping out of the scheme.

Maybe somone else can confirm.
This is certainly a draw back all depending on how many Clubcard vouchers you've got (if you've got loads, that helps negate the problem of loss of our 10% FVC discount).

I'd been sticking mine a drawer for about a year and a half because I thought I'd put them towards a day out, or magazine subscription. When I realised what you can do with them, I thought I'd put it towards a week in Florida this October with Virgin - no availability; had a look at Cosmos, but we really wanted to go for 8 nights and they are not flexible (plus quite expensive for what you get with them).

So I've booked cheap flights with AA and am using my Clubcard vouchers by transferring them to Airmiles which is paying for hotels and car hire:banana:

I'm happy:cool1:

We converted Tesco points to Airmiles, then used those miles during the 2 for 1 offer earlier this year to get two BA flights to Orlando next month for just 6,200 miles plus £300 tax in total.

ford family

I'm going in 5 weeks :-)banana: ) with my clubcard vouchers.

I used £225 worth of vouchers which equated to £900 towards the holiday. I then just paid the remaining balance of £275 in cash. I'm really pleased with the deal that I got - plus it was during a time where there was no online discount available so I didn't miss out on any deals either.

Total cost of my hols, 4 adults £5841 paid £3000 in Tesco vouchers. :thumbsup2 :woohoo:

I hope you dont mind me asking but how on earth did you get so many vouchers. Am i missing something. i do my shop at the mo i have about £150 worth of vouchers but cant imagine how you got so many. Is there something obvious i am missing? Hope you dont mind me asking.

I hope you dont mind me asking but how on earth did you get so many vouchers. Am i missing something. i do my shop at the mo i have about £150 worth of vouchers but cant imagine how you got so many. Is there something obvious i am missing? Hope you dont mind me asking.

with great help from my friends at www.paidtoshop.co.uk
Go and have a read and if you like register. :thumbsup2

We just got £240 of vouchers this quarter - thats £960 in vouchers towards the holiday, we have a Tesco credit card and use it a lot for business and get points on everything we but with it.

Thanks karlai great site....i will now have to spend a while on that forum...but i will try not to neglect this....just have to neglect DH instead.
Thanks

Thanks karlai great site....i will now have to spend a while on that forum...but i will try not to neglect this....just have to neglect DH instead.
Thanks

No worries, let me know what your Username is and i look out for you? :banana:

We used Tesco vouchers for our last Virgin holiday. We went to California and Hawaii and got £1500 in vouchers to put towards the trip. Without the vouchers we certainly wouldn't have been able to afford such a trip. :thumbsup2

Now saving them up for our next trip.

Jools:thumbsup2

Are these just clubcard vouchers?

If so i'll have to start shopping at Tesco.

Would they be able to be used in conjunction with Virgin Holiday vouchers (we we're given some after our telly didn't work on the flight last month)?

Im curious now how does it work?
What card do I need to collect vouchers? I always food shop at Asda but if this means changing I dont mind especially if I can use them against Virgin.:thumbsup2

with great help from my friends at www.paidtoshop.co.uk
Go and have a read and if you like register. :thumbsup2

Thanks for that, have signed up, spent hours reading the forum and earned myself 3600 points today! Not bad going considering I used to think I had done well if I finished the quarter with £15.00 of vouchers.

I have £75 saved up in vouchers which expire soon ish so I will be using those to take DD and I to Paris on the Eurostar and then pay the fare to get from Paris to DLRP on the RER in November. Then I will start saving furiously for Florida!

Mel
x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter