Tervis available in ship's store?

EcoStyleKim

Almost there!
I'm wondering if the Tervis available on the ships have exclusive DCL prints. I've seen some DCL Tervis at Disney Springs and at disneystore .com. I'm specifically looking for the larger 24 oz size as I want to grow my collection.
Know if the ship sells exclusive prints other than what's available on land? Thanks.

Yes, there are DCL Tervis with exclusive prints that you can only find on the ships. But I've only seen a few in the larger 24 ounce size, that's the size I prefer too.

There are exclusive prints... They now have Castaway Club Gold and Platinum Tervis. Those were the smaller sizes, but I saw at least 2 different styles in the larger size when we cruised in July.

bought this on my cruise just a few weeks ago....32oz'er
IMG_20160819_194112_zpse6tzuj8w.jpg

IMG_20160819_194105_zpsz5idubr4.jpg

I'm wondering if the Tervis available on the ships have exclusive DCL prints. I've seen some DCL Tervis at Disney Springs and at disneystore .com. I'm specifically looking for the larger 24 oz size as I want to grow my collection.
Know if the ship sells exclusive prints other than what's available on land? Thanks.

Yes, there are exclusive prints for DCL and Castaway as well. They don't always have the larger size onboard.

Know if the ship sells exclusive prints other than what's available on land?

YES.

Go shopping the first night once the shops are open, and if you see something you like, buy it. If you change your mind in the next few days you can return it, but the ships DO run out of things and won't/can't restock. So buy it when you see it.

I'm sorry but I had to post on here since you were speaking about Tervis. We went on a DCL DVC Members cruise and was given a "What I thought was Tervis" cup. Had a problem with it and returned to Tervis who said it isn't a Tervis. So now I know that Disney DOES sell them on the ship. Do you think DCL would give anything different other then Tervis? I'm going to reach out to them again. In fact, I had returned the cup with lid and they in turn returned without lid. So now I have a product that is half working so to speak. Any input would be appreciated. TIA

I'm sorry but I had to post on here since you were speaking about Tervis. We went on a DCL DVC Members cruise and was given a "What I thought was Tervis" cup. Had a problem with it and returned to Tervis who said it isn't a Tervis. So now I know that Disney DOES sell them on the ship. Do you think DCL would give anything different other then Tervis? I'm going to reach out to them again. In fact, I had returned the cup with lid and they in turn returned without lid. So now I have a product that is half working so to speak. Any input would be appreciated. TIA

The DVC cup is not not NOT a Tervis. It's a total fake and IMO useless compared to a real Tervis.

But DCL *sells* real Tervises (not DVC-themed), and I'm surprised you didn't see them in the shops onboard.

Don't bother reaching out to anyone (unless you really want that lid back). DVC gives out cheap non-Tervis cups, not actual Tervis.

The DVC cup is not not NOT a Tervis. It's a total fake and IMO useless compared to a real Tervis.

But DCL *sells* real Tervises (not DVC-themed), and I'm surprised you didn't see them in the shops onboard.

Don't bother reaching out to anyone (unless you really want that lid back). DVC gives out cheap non-Tervis cups, not actual Tervis.

Well, okay then. Now that I know they aren't "REAL" Tervis cups I won't pursue any further. As for "seeing" them in the shops I didn't search for any of these to purchase. Like I said it was part of the members cruise gifts and I take what I receive so speak. Appreciate the information. Thank you

I simply mean that when we've been in the shops they were in the front displays and very obvious in the stores. Not that you needed to seek them out. Dcl is how I discovered Tervis; while planning it was discussed and then they were in my face in the shops.

The dvc cheapies are so disappointing to me. It makes me almost angry that they hand them out. You think you're getting something very cool but nope.

Especially since Disney arms to be partnering with Tervis; they've had them at some resort shops for years. I remember seeing an OKW one ages ago, I bought a GF one a few years back, there are a variety of dcl and castaway cay tumblers, and now they have RunDisney Tervis. They KNOW there is a difference but they hand out the fakes.

All I can picture is some poor onboard shop girl being harassed by some older lady -

"Well when do you restock?"
"Ma'am we're on a boat..."
"So when does your shipment come in??"

I do think it can be both scenarios, though. They do have stock in the "back"; I've watched them bring big boxes of items to put out later in a cruise. But sometimes they just don't have them, OR they are slated for the next cruise and cannot be brought out. Not sure they get restocked 100% after each cruise.

(watching them bring stock out is the time I saw fancy-clothing CMs argue with each other. it was a bit shocking!)

Just off the Wonder yesterday, they only had 2 different designs in the larger size. It was the first time I had seen infant-sized ones though, the "My first Tervis" sippy-cup style with 2 handles. They were so cute!

Do they sell the TERVIS handles on the ship? I'm wondering if I should order them before the cruise or just pick them up onboard. I have a couple but want my kids to have handles for theirs as well.
TIA!

There are 2 different sizes of handles, so if you're planning on bringing ones for a hopeful purchase, you'd better find out which you'll need. I believe the two sizes are for 24oz and 16 oz.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter