• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Territory Lounge

dfisher9

Earning My Ears
We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge in August and was wondering about the Territory Lounge. It looks like a great place to pick up a late night snack and a drink. Are you able to get food to go there and take it back to your room? I was thinking about getting DD4 to sleep and going to get some bison nachos and drinks for my wife and I and eating on the balcony. Is this possible?

I'm curious about this as well since we will be at WL this December. Is territory lounge just for CL?

Our Ratings of Territory Lounge (Snacks and Appys): (*rev 11/22/2013*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: A
. . . character interaction: n/a

Northwest Charcuterie - Assorted Charcuterie and Artisan Cheese with Mustard and Sweet Pickles - $13
Oregon Pinot Grigio Fondue - Artisan Breads and Fruits of the Season - $11
Territory Lounge Crispy Chicken - with Sweet and Sour Chili Sauce - $9
Cherry Stone Clam Chowder - Flash-fried Clam Bellies, Smoked Bacon, and Celery Hearts - $8
House-made Idaho Potato Truffle Fries - with Roasted Garlic Aioli - $8
Buffalo Nachos - with Apple and Cranberry Salsa, Buffalo Chili, and Sharp Cheddar Cheese - $12
Steamed Edamame in Pod - with Shaved Sea Salt- $9
BLT Flatbread - Tomato Jam, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Arugula, and Fennel Aioli - $10
Artis Point Cobbler - Seasonal Berries and House-Made Black Raspberry Ice Cream - $11

NOTE: Fondue had a good description, but advertising is sometimes deceptive, as it was in
this case. Stick to the booze, conversation and Potato Truffle Fries. The Chowder is good if
you enjoy some "zing" in the bowl.

It's not a lounge like concierge lounge. It's a lounge like an old-fashioned word for a small bar area with tables and chairs and a cozy place to sit. Kids are welcome.

Oregon Pinot Grigio Fondue - Artisan Breads and Fruits of the Season

Bleah. Why did they change from the fondue with beer? Who does fondue with wine? We loved the other fondue from back in, hmm, last October, maybe?

We love territory lounge. Flatbread and nachos were great. Libations were awesome! At Territory Lounge you can also order drinks to take out and enjoy in the lobby. We love everything about Wilderness Lodge.

My family is Swiss. Cheese fondue is made with wine.

Aha. But this is a northwest themed place, and since I live in the NW, I'm used to beer fondue. I suppose they are going for the Oregon wine thing, but many people have said that the new fondue is NOT good. (whereas the old fondue was tasty)

I think the last time I had fondue with wine in it was as a kid in the 70s, honestly. Not saying that the way the US does it is right (I rarely think we do anything right...I'm an expat-in-waiting LOL); just saying what I'm used to. And noting that people have said the current fondue isn't good.

We love the Territory Lounge but not the food selections. We typically get a table in the lounge, order drinks then one of us heads to Roaring Forks to order a flatbread pizza to eat in the lounge. :)

We had drinks there one night - loved it! Can't comment on the food because we didn't order any, but the drinks & bartender conversation were great!

Pretty sure they don't do carryout, but you can order the food and when it comes, ask for a box.

We were there last month. Had some Moosehead beer , mushroom soup and another flatbread app. .
Others were there ordering meals from the Artist Point menu.

PP is correct. You can order some things from the Artist Point menu!

Last trip we did this. just relaxed in the lounge for a while, decided we were hungry, didn't care for much on the lounge menu and were told by our server we were welcome to order from the artist point menu (which we did).

EasyWDW has a good review on it - with tons of photos, including close ups of the food. (Search for it via google - his site doesn't seem to have a search function.)

Not going to get into an argument about whether Swiss or Americans do fondue right, because...well, we invented the stuff. ;) But you asked "who would do fondue with wine" and the answer is: Switzerland.

I do think if you're used to beer or some other liquid in fondue (though what else you could use, I don't know) a dry white wine does taste very different. Could be a bit of an acquired taste. That could be where the bad reviews are coming from.

We just went a couple days ago... Totally disappointed to find out the menu had changed since last summer.

I was really looking forward to having the Beer Cheese and dippers and also the house cut chips as well. Both were gone and the new cheese dip wasn't nearly as good.

Also tried the buffalo nachos and found those to be just ok...

Probably won't be going back until the original beer cheese is back. We mentioned all this to our waitress though and she was super cool. Brought us out a free cupcake! Gotta love Disney for stuff like that.

-JT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter