• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Territory Lounge and Artist Point

Poola

Mouseketeer
My family of 3, which includes DD who is 8, will be at the WL in May. I have ADRs for Whispering Canyon, Beaches & Cream, BOG, and Fantasmic! dinner package. But for a couple of nights, we plan to be at the resort and have no dining scheduled. Territory Lounge looks nice, but can you make dinner out of the menu there? ADRs for Artist Point are still available, but I hate to spend the money when we already have some other expensive dining experiences planned. Are we making a mistake by not experiencing AP?

Territory lounge my husband and I were able to make a dinner out of it but I wouldn't say its a meal with a child. Your better off going down to Roaring forks for dinner. When I last ate at Artist Point I thought it was very good didn't help that they had wine from my favorite Oregon winery.

I wouldn't say its a meal with a child
That's one of the things I'm concerned about, but I was thinking we could order her a flatbread with just sauce and cheese? I expect we'll be eating breakfast at Roaring Fork so was hoping for a change of scenery.

IMHO, yes you should try Artist Point. Territory lounge is fine for what it is, a decent lounge. You may be hard pressed to make a meal out of that menu, with a child in tow.

The lounge has a few tables basically at the bar. There was a flatbread that was very good.

last time I stayed there we ordered a few items from the artist point menu from Territory Lounge. My daughter was 10 and enjoyed sitting there with us, we were also staying in WL. I remember thinking if nothing suited my daughter I would just nip down for 10 mins to roaring forks but it turned out she she was fine eating there. I seem to recall her nibbling away on some nachos and a flatbread

You can easily spend just as much at any bar/lounge, especially at Disney :) I'd say go ahead and have a nice, sit down meal at Artist Point. If you are looking to cut costs, split an appetizer and meal with your DH? DH and I split a LOT while we are at WDW and we have never had a bad experience. Artist Point split our meal for us (most places there do), even the soup appetizer, which I thought was really nice! Plenty of very good food!

You can order from the Artist Point menu at Territory Lounge. And yes, you can most definitely make a meal out of the appetizers in the lounge. We (3 adults ) ordered 4-5 appetizers for the table and we had leftovers.

Last edited:
Having tried several of the signature restaurants, Artist Point is a favorite of mine. You'll be there anyway, so might as well. You could split an appetizer and then split an entrée, to save money.

Also did a light meal once by having the fondue at Territory Lounge. It was good.

And, bring food for the kid back to the lounge.
I thought about doing that but figured they wouldn't allow it. I went ahead and made the ADR for AP for the last night of our stay. Not sure I won't end up canceling it, but it would be kind of nice for eat there for our last meal. And we get 10% with our Disney Visa. I will probably just go with something light because we are eating at BOG for lunch that day. Thanks everyone for the advice.

I, personally, could make a meal out of the appetizers at Territory Lounge (and have..). And, I could do the same for my kids. We love Territory Lounge, and pick it over Artist Point now. YUM!

I thought about doing that but figured they wouldn't allow it. I went ahead and made the ADR for AP for the last night of our stay. Not sure I won't end up canceling it, but it would be kind of nice for eat there for our last meal. And we get 10% with our Disney Visa. I will probably just go with something light because we are eating at BOG for lunch that day. Thanks everyone for the advice.

Having eaten in there a number of times I doubt the staff would mind if one kid came in with a burger and fries as long as the rest of the party were ordering food and drinks from their own menu. The staff in their were really nice. Different story if a whole family came in with take out food and then sat down and ordered drinks only. The scenario with just a child eating something from elsewhere is totally fine IMO. In fact, it would not surprise me if you asked the staff at territory lounge if they could rustle up a burger for a child they would do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter