• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Terrific time! but...they lost our pillowcases!

stmom2

Earning My Ears
Hey all!:goodvibes

Just got back earlier today from our Wonder cruise. We had a fabulous time although it was extremely chilly. Not much swimming and not a whole lot of sun. The best day was our CC day and after 1 hour of snorkeling, we were blue lipped and shaking for half an hour. Only spent 20 minutes in the ship pools. It was 37-38 degrees when we woke up in Orlando this morning.On Thursday, it was so cold and windy. I could not believe we were in Florida.

My DH wants me to check dates and book a 7 day for next spring, maybe even this year if time allows. Hooray!! We really wanted to do 7 day this time but our DD 14s school schedule does not allow it.

Now...about our pillowcases.:confused3

I purchased 3 pillowcases and a whole set of pretty colored sharpies and we dropped them off at guest services around 5pm on Thursday. They told us they would be delivered by the last day to our stateroom. On Saturday evening around 10pm, my DH realized we did not have our pillowcases. I called Guest Services and the CM told me that he needed to check on it and would call me back. He called back around midnight and left a silent message that their records showed the pillowcases had been delivered the day before to our room. We did not receive the pillowcases...! I received his message the next morning and tried to call GS. Was on hold for a while so went down and there was a huge line. Line was there before our breakfast and afterwards. We had a limo waiting so we had to leave the ship. I am very, very disappointed about this mistake. I was really hoping they were delievered to the wrong room and someone would return them. No such luck!
Should I call and complain?? Who would I call? What would you do? My girls seemed sad but I think my husband was more upset than anyone.How do pillowcases and sharpies disappear?

Ok, off to book our stay for this summer at WDW. We usually do the Poly but I want to try a new resort. Trying to decide between the Boardwalk and Beach Club.:rolleyes:

Trish

there is a phone number floating around somewhere that you can call. There have been people who have forgotten something on the ship, and were successful getting their items back! Good luck!

OT: nacho, that is quite a countdown you have there! :lmao:

I would call and inquire if they found the 3 pillowcases. I wouldn't necessary call to "complain". We have to keep in mind that accidents do happen. They may have misplaced them. But keep in mind that this is done as a courtesy, not a requirement. Making a big deal out of it may cause them to eliminate them doing it all together and you and many others may not be able to enjoy the extra treat on future sailings.

A little suggestion. I an sticking name tags on our pillowcases and the back of our photo mat with our name, cabin number and address just in case this is to happen to us.

I would call and ask about it. Disney lost and found is an amazing place. You might be surprised what they keep and catalog. They even send your item back to you free of charge. It is certainly worth the call.

We did a Disney cruise last March and I totally forgot about picking up my pillowcases until after we arrived back at home. I called DCL and was given the lost and found phone number. Since we did not pick up the pillowcases they were taken to the lost and found. The woman at lost and found mailed them to me.
Hopefully you can get yours back this way also.

Tracy

I have read about it several times, but cannot figure out what it is.

Thanks

I have read about it several times, but cannot figure out what it is.

Thanks

It's a souvenir!

You can take an object such as White Mickey Hands, Pillowcase, Picture Matt, etc. and place it inside a Ziploc Baggie with your name, cabin # written on the outside. You can but not necessary to put Sharpies with the object, GS will have the Characters sign the object and usually, you pick it up at GS at the end of your cruise!

j

Thanks everyone! I am going to try to find the number for Lost and Found.
My husband asked them specifically if we should come down and pick them up and they did tell him that they deliver them by the end of the cruise. I am wondering if this is a new development and there may have been confusion...

Headed out to take my DD8 to the doc. She has a temp with a sore throat and a cough. Thank heavens this did not develop until after our trip.

I will post what I find out about the pillowcases.

~Trish

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter