Terrible food at Disneyland this week

Disney food is something we used to really look forward to. Our last trip in December was less than impressed overall. I don't have high expectations of it being outstanding either but have many previous experiences to compare it to. Making our reservations around events will no longer be a high point for fun food. We always do WOC dessert parties, Fantasmic dining, parade viewing type packages etc., and I just booked our December 2023 trip hoping things improve by then. I have a small July trip to test the waters with fingers crossed for amazing things.

You chose poorly. Stick with CS at DLR. Only do the sit down restaurants at the Grand Californian or Downtown Disney.

Good move to cancel those 2. You would have continued to be disappointed.
I've always enjoyed Blue Bayou and Carnation. This was quite deflating.

Disney food is something we used to really look forward to. Our last trip in December was less than impressed overall. I don't have high expectations of it being outstanding either but have many previous experiences to compare it to. Making our reservations around events will no longer be a high point for fun food. We always do WOC dessert parties, Fantasmic dining, parade viewing type packages etc., and I just booked our December 2023 trip hoping things improve by then. I have a small July trip to test the waters with fingers crossed for amazing things.

Just my 2 cents, but the food at these special events has always been awful.

We don’t really eat in the park at all anymore except for Mickey beignets and we had THE BEST FRIES ar Hungry Bear, so much so…we went back twice and just ate fries! How crazy is that???

We had Cali Pizza Kitchen twice, kids size Hawaiian for only $6 each…way better value than the park.

Park food used to be okay but now is just robbery for quality and quantity you get.

Well, okay. I was SUPER disappointed with their brick toast, so I have no confidence in their ability to pull off those pancakes. Overall, this QS location is disappointing and way overpriced for the portion sizes.
Thank you for your input. I appreciate it.

I'm at the park now. I had a disappointing lunch at Carnation--the potato soup was not even warm. A truly inedible dinner at Blue Bayou of a very fatty prime rib ($89 Fantasmic package). Dinner for 6 at Goofy's Kitchen was better, but was not worth $409.

I cancelled tomorrow's Wine Country Trattoria and Thursday's Cafe Orleans.

My sister and I had some disappointing meals at DLR this Dec. also. We did a lot of eating and we have gone to the same places for years so we know what it used to be compared to what it is currently, and it's a definite downgrade in the sit-down restaurants.

On a side-note, there has been a dramatic wipe-out of most of the high-quality treats. Most of what's left is the lower-quality items that are cheap to make. I hope this is not a permanent change!

I love sit-down dining, but the quality decline with a concurrent price increase is very disappointing.

I have to echo this unfortunately and it pains me to say that about Carnation Cafe but it's very true.
Blue Bayou hurts the most because I have so many good memories of meals there but absolutely vote with my wallet and there will have to be overhwmeling massive feedback from people I trust , not vloggers for me to return. And I have tried to go back at least three times since reopening.
Goofy's kitchen has always been fine for me , I do like the selection but you're always paying a premium for the character meal so going to the first reservation for the meal period is best...

I had the same experience at Napa Rose. It's essentially like a steakhouse now where everything is priced separately. My friend had the Vintner's meal (4 courses @ $125) and they couldn't cook her meat the way she requested, even after replacing her entree. My appetizer - one scallop - was $26. (I got four scallops with my pasta on a recent Disney cruise that were almost the same size, which made me laugh). My entree had no sides - it looked pretty and tasted good - but no vegetables to go with it. I cannot recommend Napa any longer based on my past experience. Our service was extremely slow, and our server forgot a few things, including the simple dessert I requested (at least, they didn't charge for it). I expect more at those prices.

For everyone experiencing issues with dining at DLR, please write in to let management know about the problems with food and service. These problems need to be pointed out and addressed.

Sorry to hear about your string of bad meals! We've had good experiences at the Craftsman Bar at GCH the last few times we visited (most recently in October). We also really enjoyed making a meal of the small plates at the Carthay lounge -- the pork belly bao buns and the cheese plate in particular. (Caveat: our trips our adults-only and a solid cocktail menu is part of the appeal for us.)

Sorry to hear about your string of bad meals! We've had good experiences at the Craftsman Bar at GCH the last few times we visited (most recently in October). We also really enjoyed making a meal of the small plates at the Carthay lounge -- the pork belly bao buns and the cheese plate in particular. (Caveat: our trips our adults-only and a solid cocktail menu is part of the appeal for us.)
Yes, there IS good dining, but unfortunately, too many formerly great places have cut corners lately. The triple whammy is reduced quality/quantity, poor service, and high prices.

Thank you for the reminder that feedback to Disney is crucial.

I think dining at DLR has been 'hit or miss' even in the 'Before Times', for quite some time. We normally do CS and since I have Celiac my meals are always 'fresh prepared' to avoid contamination, so I do pretty well for myself. But when we've compared my 'allergy' meal to a friend's 'standard' meal of the same type, there's often a noticeable difference in temp and 'quality', like theirs have been sitting under a heat lamp for awhile.

I think it's a real shame if it's gotten even worse lately.

Just my 2 cents, but the food at these special events has always been awful.
I agree! I might be the only person that does not like Disney desserts, yet books WOC dessert view over and over and never eat the treats. I came home a few weeks ago with my treats from our tours still uneaten. Blue Bayou Fantasmic was dinner was not what we had experienced years ago as far as quality or service. We chose to keep our Wine T. reservations and ordered identical meals. My shrimp alfredo came out with 2 pieces of shrimp while by friend had 11. Yes, we counted! It is usually one of our favorite choices. Our best experience this trip was Tomorowland Skyline Terrace, and their options were very limited.
While I plan for next year, I am hoping to hear of great things happening as far as food options go. I don't need triple combination of flavors on my churros or super complex pairings. Just some basic items that I know will be ok!

How was Lamplight? First time for a birthday celebration.
Our best experience and most reliable has been lamplight lounge.

We got back last weekend and had our worst experience at Blue Bayou and have crossed it off the list for awhile. The prime rib was gross. Nothing but fat. My kid got the kids prime rib. She got a tiny cut of fat.

We are going to start eating our sit down meals offsite. I no longer trust the sit down meals on the Disney property. Even with the MK discount.

I agree! I might be the only person that does not like Disney desserts, yet books WOC dessert view over and over and never eat the treats. I came home a few weeks ago with my treats from our tours still uneaten. Blue Bayou Fantasmic was dinner was not what we had experienced years ago as far as quality or service. We chose to keep our Wine T. reservations and ordered identical meals. My shrimp alfredo came out with 2 pieces of shrimp while by friend had 11. Yes, we counted! It is usually one of our favorite choices. Our best experience this trip was Tomorowland Skyline Terrace, and their options were very limited.
While I plan for next year, I am hoping to hear of great things happening as far as food options go. I don't need triple combination of flavors on my churros or super complex pairings. Just some basic items that I know will be ok!

Book these for the seat, the special viewing section, or whatever else you like about the experience but DO NOT expect the food to be good. That's where people end up disappointed. You are not really paying for the meal. Show up to these things already full and just enjoy the seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter