Terrace Noodle Station??

It's hardly ever open, so you might want to reconsider that as your plan. In 15 trips, I've only seen it open about 2x, I think -- this past Christmas and maybe sometime in the past when it was open more regularly.

We have never seen it open in all of the times we've been there--whether it be April, May, June, July or September.

In 10 trips to the World I have never seen this open. If someone has a picture of it open, could you post it please?? I'm curious!

OP - I'd come up with a Plan B!

I saw it open, but have no photo proof! :blush:

It is only open at the most busy times, both times it's been open for me were Easter week. It was not open in September or October. (Three trips between those two months)

We were just there from the 22nd - 26th, and we never saw it open on the 3 days we were in the MK. One day, we were walking by it and heard a guest complaining to a CM about it not being open.

I just started a new thread asking for pictures of it - so maybe we can get a better idea of what it really is!

What do you mean what it is? It's just an open-air counter service (lots of seating) -- they serve "noodle" themed things -- like an Asian-themed noodle bowl + other stuff. We just use it as our cut through from Main Street to Tomorrowland and vice-versa!

I don't have pictures, but have seen it open. I am not positive, but think they only open during high volume times or during free dining.

I agree that it is an excellent cut through. There are also restrooms back there that aren't usually as crowded.

I ate there in May I think 2 years ago (could have been 3) and had some noodle bowl thing. It was quite good, but from what I hear, it was one of the only good things. I shared the entire place with about 4 other people.

I read about it in my Passporter and thought I would give it a try. Pecos Bill's is going to be closed during my upcoming trip (2/9-2/13) so thought I would try it. Guess I'll have to think of something else. I am in the minority as I am not thrilled with Cosmic Ray's (just don't like the atmosphere; was there during a downpour and guess that is what it reminds me of). Thanks for your replies!!!!

My husband and I ate there on our honeymoon...it was pouring down rain and we were sopped and tired. We were crossing through a little alley way and saw the sign for the Noodle Station. We figured we'd give it a try. It was not something we had scheduled and didn't want to use dining credits so we paid OOP. It was pricier than a counter service place...but the food was actually pretty decent. It was practically empty and very quiet. There were Asian noodle dishes and pasta and chicken strips. I think there were various side dishes as well. There were tons of desserts. Bite sized pieces of cakes and such. The Red Velvet cake bits were FANTASTIC. We ended up really enjoying the quiet and overall enjoyed the meal. It wasn't fabulous, but it hit the spot.

Be forewarned though...this buffet that was once just a wee bit pricey is now even more so...It costs as much as dinner seating at a buffet. Maybe a bit more depending on which place you are comparing it to. Either way, it's WAY too much for a seating in the middle of the day IMO. The food just isn't that good.

My husband and I ate there on our honeymoon...it was pouring down rain and we were sopped and tired. We were crossing through a little alley way and saw the sign for the Noodle Station. We figured we'd give it a try. It was not something we had scheduled and didn't want to use dining credits so we paid OOP. It was pricier than a counter service place...but the food was actually pretty decent. It was practically empty and very quiet. There were Asian noodle dishes and pasta and chicken strips. I think there were various side dishes as well. There were tons of desserts. Bite sized pieces of cakes and such. The Red Velvet cake bits were FANTASTIC. We ended up really enjoying the quiet and overall enjoyed the meal. It wasn't fabulous, but it hit the spot.

Be forewarned though...this buffet that was once just a wee bit pricey is now even more so...It costs as much as dinner seating at a buffet. Maybe a bit more depending on which place you are comparing it to. Either way, it's WAY too much for a seating in the middle of the day IMO. The food just isn't that good.

When was that? Year? Or a holiday time? That description of it as a buffet doesn't sound right, but it might have been something like that in the past, or something special for a holiday season. I never noticed a buffet type set up when I did see it open -- and it's all out in the open (no walls so to speak), so I can't figure out how they could have a buffet. It's just a regular counter service now as far as I know - noodle bowl meal OR chicken strips MEAL, no dessert buffet!

I was just wondering if you were confusing it with somewhere else?

I only saw it open once- in 98 I think. I always hope it is open, but never seen it open since then.

When was that? Year? Or a holiday time? That description of it as a buffet doesn't sound right, but it might have been something like that in the past, or something special for a holiday season. I never noticed a buffet type set up when I did see it open -- and it's all out in the open (no walls so to speak), so I can't figure out how they could have a buffet. It's just a regular counter service now as far as I know - noodle bowl meal OR chicken strips MEAL, no dessert buffet!

I believe that MK converted a few of their CS locations into temporary TS buffets during free dining in 2006. There were not nearly enough TS locations and they did a quick convert so people could use their TS credits.

Totally disgusting! Tried it once and threw it away, they would not give us the money back. Then DH had egg rolls from there last year and they were sooo gross. The only good thing there is the blackberry iced tea

Nope, not confusing it. The buffet part was against the back wall.

I believe that MK converted a few of their CS locations into temporary TS buffets during free dining in 2006. There were not nearly enough TS locations and they did a quick convert so people could use their TS credits.

Exactly!!! It was the summer of 2006 when I ate there with the husband. Although it was the exact same set up this summer (August 2008). It was $35 per adult and $20 per kid. As we would have been paying out of pocket the food quality just wasn't worth that much money. We took our chances at Cosmic Rays!! :rotfl:

That's the kind of thing I was thinking of even though I said "holiday" -- I knew they did that with the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon location before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter