• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Terra Verde or Emerald Island Resort

Gaynor

DIS Veteran
Hi, :wave: I'm new to this forum and have a question that I hope someone might be able to help me with. We've been to Orlando twice now both package trips staying in a AOA villa. For our next trip in 2007 I've decided to book everything separately, have already sorted flights, looked into car hire and I'm now looking for a villa. We've narrowed it down to 2 resorts Terre Verde and Emerald Island has anybody stayed at these resorts, if so which is the better of the 2? We are travelling as a party of three adults and two children 10 and 14. :thumbsup2

Hi, we have not stayed at either but as they both based in Kissimmee I am familiar with them.

Emarald has probably just got the edge on location as Terre Verde is on the sometimes busy Poinciana Boulevard, although one of the nearest to the 192 junction.

TV does look very nice, and I know they have a community pool and clubhouse there, not sure if EI does or not?
Not really helping here am I :rolleyes: , either is a very sound choice, there are restaurants, supermarkets (Publix less than a mile away from either), and Disney plus the I4 are also within easy reach.

I would choose which particular villa you like as I am sure you will enjoy whichever development you choose.

They are both very nice communities indeed.
As Johny said it will be down to the individual features a home has & the price. EI is closer to Disney Parks & TV to Universal/SW.
At either I am sure you can have a great holiday.

Hi, Thanks for the replies so far.
I think I'll just toss a coin and see which wins!
I have also been looking at Disney packages, staying at an on-site hotel with dining plan and tickets included with Dreams Unlimited (waiting for a quote)are they good value for money? Im thinking maybe a 3 night stay on-site and 11 nights in a villa now!! Oh decisions desicions!!! :confused3
Any thoughts on this anyone?

I haven't stayed at either, but like the other posters, I am familiar with both communities. Emerald Island is slightly closer to WDW, but I agree that you should choose whichever particular home you prefer. I would say that Emerald Island is a more upmarket community than Terra Verde.

We've used DU for a DCL cruise and I have no complaints. They are the DIS Travel Agent and that provides me with comfort - I would have no qualms in using them again. We often book a villa for the main part of our stay and take a few nights out to stay onsite. If you can afford it, I recommend taking time out during the middle of your stay. It means paying for accommodation you're not using, but it's great to just pack an overnight bag and know that you'll be returning to your 'home' to relax and catch up with your washing :teeth: .

UKDEB said:
We often book a villa for the main part of our stay and take a few nights out to stay onsite.

That is what we are doing in August 4 nights at Boardwalk with the rest of our 3 weeks at a villa.

JohnnySharp2 said:
TV does look very nice, and I know they have a community pool and clubhouse there, not sure if EI does or not?

We returned from Emerald Island 3 weeks ago. It does indeed have a clubhouse (with free internet access, fitness room etc) and there were 2 community pools we could use.

Proximity to WDW was excellent - especially as we were there at Easter - a very busy time.

Julie

juliebro said:
We returned from Emerald Island 3 weeks ago. It does indeed have a clubhouse (with free internet access, fitness room etc) and there were 2 community pools we could use.

Proximity to WDW was excellent - especially as we were there at Easter - a very busy time.

Julie

Thanks, we are staying closeby at Indian Creek in August so we may have a look at Emerald Island when we get there.

I guess there is little to choose between TV and EI then now, location just probably favours Emerald, but I still think it depends on the villas in question that Gaynor has seen.

My friends own a townhouse in Terra Verde which we are staying at for the first time this Summer ( all being well, because my DH is ill, and so we may have to cancel. ) If you can wait that long for the info I'll let you know what it's like upon my return.

The homes are built by the same builder so they are the same floor plans. EIR is closer then TV to Disney. It is at the west end of 192 which is a little more quiet then the west end and had a lot less road work going on. They are both new and very beautiful resorts. You would be happy I am sure renting from either resort. Here is a map that will show you where they are located in the area.

http://www.1stfororlando.com/Location-map.htm

Each is individualy owned so they all will be some what different. If you are renting from an owner you can choose your home by picking where you want to stay. Also ask as many questions of the owners as to what specificly you want in a home. They will be the best to get you directions to different places you want to go to while on vacation. They are a wealth of information and they know threir home best. Have a great vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter