• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*Teresa & Greg-7/1/12*Swan/Fultons/GF Marina-Epcot Character Fun-Updated*2/22*

That is very helpful!!! Thank you for posting! Is there a minimum number of nights/tickets you have to guarantee? I want to help my guests out with discounted accommodations, but I'm not sure how many will be wanting to stay on-site and who will be renting houses, etc.

I love reading about all your plans! :cutie:

That is very helpful!!! Thank you for posting! Is there a minimum number of nights/tickets you have to guarantee? I want to help my guests out with discounted accommodations, but I'm not sure how many will be wanting to stay on-site and who will be renting houses, etc.

I love reading about all your plans! :cutie:

Aww thank you and I am so glad to hear from you. The minimum is 10 rooms on one night. So it does not have be 10 rooms for the whole block of time but on one night there needs to be 10 rooms blocked off.

That is how I understand it to be anyway. I can double and triple check for you guys but that is what I was told.

Teresa

Everything looks wonderful!! Love the last bits of your TR!

You got some good roomrates!

For your girls, I'd do a necklace and something little. I'm sure they'll appreciate anything!

I realize that this one area that I have never talked about before. So here is the story of my ring.

I am going to preface all of this with the fact that I am NOT a jewelry girl. I don't wear it hardly at all and if I do I am very very picky. I don't go to jewelry stores they make me feel awkward and I just don't shop for that kind of stuff.

The Promise Ring:
When Greg and I first started dating he took me to Tiffany's which was such a pain for me because as I stated earlier I am not a Jewelry gal. He wanted me to pick something out that would be a symbol of our love. He said that no matter where he was (since we did not live in the same place at the time) he wanted me to know that there was someone out there that loved me and the best way he knew how to do this was to give me a ring to wear. This ring also was to serve as a promise to me that as we got things settled he was going to ask me to marry him. So it was with that ring that we began our relationship. Here is a picture of it.

Tiffany-Rings-Tiffany-1837-band-ring-in-sterling-silver.jpg

So when he proposed he did not have a ring because we had found a jeweler that I wanted to use for my engagement ring and there was not enough time to have a ring made. So the plan was to have it made afterwards and then I would have it for the wedding too. Well as things have transpired we decided to move the wedding to July from December and there was still no ring. Also in December when we did our engagement pictures there still was no ring other than my tiffany ring that I had had for 6 months. As we were taking pictures I told Randy that the ring I was wearing was not my engagement ring...and he said to us "it is now!" So here are some of those pictures.

TG165912-17-12.jpg

I was not planning on having pictures of my hands taken or I would have gotten my nails done. You can bet they will be done for the wedding.

TG166312-17-12.jpg

My pet ladybug

TG152412-17-12.jpg

TG151912-17-12.jpg

So without intending to my simple promise ring transformed into my engagement ring. So unlike many brides I don't have this shiny thing to show off to the world...oh well.

As time has passed we have been checking up on my ring which is being designed by the amazing Zoltan David. He is an amazing designer that designs jewelry that holds weight with designers like Van Cleef and Arpels. Well about 2 weeks ago I asked Greg what shape the center stone of my ring was and he said round :eek:. :sad2::sad2::sad2: I immediately got sad, I am not a round stone girl I like squares and rectangles and octagons. I just like odd shapes! Anyway as far as stone cuts go I like radiants, princess cuts and others of the like. Well we had already paid for the stone and this brought up lots of complications because the band of the ring had been made for THAT stone. I felt horrible because I did not want to screw stuff up but at the same time I wanted a ring that I actually wanted, So much conflict in my head!

Here is a computerized mock up of the ring:
Greg_Lutha_1.jpg

We contacted Zoltan and we went in to see him. He said he had heard about my stone preference problem and assured us we could get a different stone. There might be a price increase but he assured us it could be done and it would not effect the ring. So we also mentioned that while I like the way the yellow gold looks I know I would not be happy with it unless it was platinum. I don't wear yellow gold EVER! I just don't see myself being happy with it unless it is platinum or some white metal. He does not do anything with white gold so platinum was my only option.

Here is a pictures of a ring he has done with platinum (well I think this might be silver but either way a white metal)
4699_67052.jpg

So we went back this past friday to take a look because he had gotten the new stone. This is what the new stone looks like.

789A6743.jpg

The stone has gone up in size from a 1.2 karat round to a 1.31 karat radiant cut purple sapphire.

So the ring is not done and it has actually had some changes. The setting for the stone is now tapered down and he also added an accent to the setting area which I can not show you because I do not have an image to show you. I actually LOVE the ring now it is so amazing. The jewelry that he makes has a very lord of the rings elvish feel, well not all of it but some of it which is how I found him. He loves that I love lord of the rings because so does he so he added an element to the ring that gives it that elvish feel even more than it already does. I think the vines make it feel very elvish.

So the ring is Black Cobalt Chromium Steel, Purple Sapphire and Platinum. The ring is slated to be done by June 20th or earlier which is good since we leave on the 28th. I can't believe I have never mentioned this to any of you. Now you know the story of the ring and why my promise ring turned into my engagement ring.

Greg's Ring:
So Greg and I decided that we wanted him to have an engagement ring too. Once we decide this we tried several places but we settled on a ring from James Avery.
WB-61-SSTT.jpg

The ring is sterling silver and titanium

Well after wearing it for the past 6 months Greg decided he wanted to keep this as his wedding ring and not buy another ring.

More wedding updates coming soon.

Teresa

Your ring will be so pretty! I love the color of your stone, purple is one of my favorite colors, and I love the detail that is going into the band of your ring.
It is funny that you said that about LOTR because as I was looking at the pictures that is the first thing that popped into my head.

I love the ring! It looks super cool.. I love off-color rings (hence my sapphire wedding ring). I'm not a real big jewelry gal either... I told DF if he ever wanted to get a ring for me it needs to be small & inexpensive.. (I tend to loose things) I like small stones and thing bands and that's exactly what he got me =P So glad you like yours though & that your promise ring got turned into your engagement ring! It makes it extra special.. & your wedding band totally has that elvish feel to it.. :goodvibes I hope it turns out great in the end :D

What a beautiful story!! It's really special how much back story you each have with your rings. Doing something unique and specific to your relationship is really beautiful. Obviously a lot of love there :lovestruc

Your ring will be so pretty! I love the color of your stone, purple is one of my favorite colors, and I love the detail that is going into the band of your ring.
It is funny that you said that about LOTR because as I was looking at the pictures that is the first thing that popped into my head.

It is totally LOTR and totally me! I love purple too!

I love the ring! It looks super cool.. I love off-color rings (hence my sapphire wedding ring). I'm not a real big jewelry gal either... I told DF if he ever wanted to get a ring for me it needs to be small & inexpensive.. (I tend to loose things) I like small stones and thing bands and that's exactly what he got me =P So glad you like yours though & that your promise ring got turned into your engagement ring! It makes it extra special.. & your wedding band totally has that elvish feel to it.. :goodvibes I hope it turns out great in the end :D

I normally like smaller and thinner. But this ring will be suprisingly comfortable and I actually do want some bling!

What a beautiful story!! It's really special how much back story you each have with your rings. Doing something unique and specific to your relationship is really beautiful. Obviously a lot of love there :lovestruc

I never realized until I wrote it how much back story there is and cool that is. I am glad you like the story.

Teresa

Love the mockup of the ring! It is so unique and different!

I'm all about the odd shapes too. My ring is radiant cut and I absolutely love it! It sparkles like no other because all of the facets!

That ring is fabulous! Don't worry about your engagement ring not being impressive as it could have been: it's the symbolic significance of your commitment (not the symbolic significance of your wallets) that matters.

Love the mockup of the ring! It is so unique and different!

I'm all about the odd shapes too. My ring is radiant cut and I absolutely love it! It sparkles like no other because all of the facets!

That is why I love Radiants too!

That ring is fabulous! Don't worry about your engagement ring not being impressive as it could have been: it's the symbolic significance of your commitment (not the symbolic significance of your wallets) that matters.

Aww thanks I am glad that you like the ring. You are also too right that my engagement ring has lots of symbolic meaning

Teresa

I love your ring it is absolutely gorgeous, my favourite colour is purple i really think its unique love it!

It's so beautiful and unique! I can't wait to see it when it's done!

That is without a doubt the coolest and most uniquely beautiful ring I have ever seen! :lovestruc I can't wait to see the final product! You are one lucky woman! :thumbsup2

Oh, and I love your engagement ring, BTW. Sometimes a single band, and the story behind it, says more than any big, sparkly ring.

Wow, your ring sounds so unique and fun! I really love the purple stone. Can't wait to see how the final product comes together, I am sure it will be just stunning.

Just checking in sweetie!!
Love love love the ring concept. It will be so unique and really seems to suit your personality!!! Fabulous!!!

I love your ring it is absolutely gorgeous, my favourite colour is purple i really think its unique love it!

Purple is my favorite color too

It's so beautiful and unique! I can't wait to see it when it's done!

Neither can I trust me!

That is without a doubt the coolest and most uniquely beautiful ring I have ever seen! :lovestruc I can't wait to see the final product! You are one lucky woman! :thumbsup2

Oh, and I love your engagement ring, BTW. Sometimes a single band, and the story behind it, says more than any big, sparkly ring.

Thanks for compliments on my engagement ring and I am so glad that you love the wedding ring. I really can not wait to get it! I think it is going to be so amazing.

Wow, your ring sounds so unique and fun! I really love the purple stone. Can't wait to see how the final product comes together, I am sure it will be just stunning.

I am very excited for it.

Just checking in sweetie!!
Love love love the ring concept. It will be so unique and really seems to suit your personality!!! Fabulous!!!

Thanks for stopping by Jo! It really does fit me and that is what I am most glad of.

teresa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter