• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Teppanyaki Reviews

Ana~n~Joseph

I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met M
If you've been to this restaurant before, I'd love to hear about your experience (both good and bad). I have an evening ADR for Thursday, Nov 23rd but I"m not too thrilled about it right now. We have a group of three (mom, brother and myself -- hubby is staying home again :confused3 )

Thanks.

Hi, we were at the Teppenyaki Restraunt for dinner on thurs 9/14. It was a good meal, DH had the shrimp and scallops and I had the chicken and shrimp, the food was very good and the chef was entertaining. But it was not an outstanding dinner, which LeCellier the night before was. So final analysis very good but not great.

Sphynx said:
Hi, we were at the Teppenyaki Restraunt for dinner on thurs 9/14. It was a good meal, DH had the shrimp and scallops and I had the chicken and shrimp, the food was very good and the chef was entertaining. But it was not an outstanding dinner, which LeCellier the night before was. So final analysis very good but not great.

Hi! :wave2: Thanks for your reply. Did you guys have to sit with other people at your table? How did that go?

We ate there almost every trip, although they do not take the Disney Dining Experience card...annoying, but we still eat there.

We have never had a bad meal there, food is cooked in front of you, always fresh, service is fast, the show put on by the chef is a fun one. We always like when there are children seated with us as they usually put on quite show for the little ones..

I like it there and always go back....read about it here on the Dis: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=95

We ate there a few weeks ago. It was an OK meal but I have to say we were spoilt by the experience of having eaten at Kobe, which was simply outstanding. It really was nothing special.

Maggs

Yes, since it was just DH and I we were seated with another family (the tables are for 8 I believe). Unfortunately although they seemed to be very nice people from Quebec they spoke very little english. So we really did not chat with them much.

Our family of 4 was seated with a group of 3, who kept to themselves. Our chef was dull and boring and put on no show whatsoever, other than the obligatory onion volcano. He chopped the food, cooked it, plated it, then quickly moved on to the next table. The food was just okay; definitely not worth a return trip.

This is a must do for us. I love the restaurant and have NOTHING negative to say about it at all. I put it in the top 5 of all my favorite Disney restaurants.

We went for the first time this year and LOVED IT. The food was great and the chef put on a wonderful show, we were sitting with 2 groups of really nice people, we will be going again.

Chad&Janet said:
why is hubby staying home? He doesn't really want to miss all the action, I'm sure...

Unfortunately hubby is not a Disney-nut like me and he had enough Disney during our honeymoon in January. :confused3 He doesn't plan on going back until January 2008 to celebrate our 2 year anniversary.

We enjoyed this place and the chef was very good. The other family did not say a word to us other than the nod of hello. We were supposed to go back in November but DH is concerned about our then 14mth old not being good or getting hurt. So we are canceling that reservation.

Hi...our family loves the table side cooking and the show from the chef...Our experience may have been a chance thing, but we have had very average chefs in terms of the "show" at Epcot in the last few years. When you have seen really good chef cook tableside, and they do many acrobatic moves and are really interactive, a mediocre chef sticks out like a sore thumb.

At Disney the last few chefs were very young and "in training." Years ago they would tell us they trained for years in Japan, Now they say they train for "weeks" here in the US...

Kobe by Lake Buena Vista did a great dinner and show for us...just my opinion...It is still lots of fun, no matter what, and very handy in Epcot...

All the best...Ted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter