• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Teppanyaki and Kids

Jacqui

Mouseketeer
Is Teppanyaki OK with young kids? My DS will be 2 when we eat there (days away from 3) and my DD will be 1.

Thanks

DS went for the first time when he was 2 anf 4 months. He was fascinated watching them cook. He went again at 3.5 and loved it. It was his number 1 requested meal for our August trip!

Last August we were seated at a table with a family with a 2 yr old and there was no problems. He ate off the parents plates, mainly the noodles and had a blast watching the cook the food. The staff made sure the childs high chair was at a point at the table that was as far away as possible from the cooking surface and made sure the parents knew the cooking surface would get very hot. They even made sure my my youngest DD knew not to touch the cooking surface.

Our kids have always enjoyed it. They are totally into the whole thing - I've seen lots of people with younger kids and they are just fascinated. The staff is awesome at seating the kids furthest from the heat and reminding all that it is very hot.

My DD(3) has eaten in a restaurant like Tepanyaki here in town. She absolutely loved it, and asks us all the time if we can go back to the "fire store"!!! :rotfl2:

My two nieces love it. They have been going since they were under 3. The 5 year old picked the one where they live for her birthday dinner.

Thank you all so much! I feel much better (safer) about our reservations now.

The flashyness of they preparers at this type of restaurant can scare some children. Many love it but I have seen a few start screaming. Even some a bit older than yours cry. My dd loves this type of restaurant, it is actually one of her favorites but she still loves to sit all the way around on the side as far away from the cook because while it is impressive it still frightens her a bit (but kind of a good fright if you know what I mean). We went when my kids were 4 and 6, they had been to a similar place before and they loved the disney one but they dont care for noodles would rather have rice. Anyway if there is a local similar place you could take your kids to to make sure they aren't going to go to pieces by the cooks antics it might be a good idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter