Teppan Edu - what’s happened to dinner

twirly123

Mouseketeer
I see that the dinner menu for teppan edu is now that of Tokyo dining. Lunch remains the same as previously. Is the traditional cooking now only available at lunch time?

Teppan Edo lunch and dinner looks the same. Tokyo dining looks different...

For a brief period of time yesterday Disney updated the Teppan Edo menu, but it appears to have been a mistake and should have been the new menu for Tokyo Dining. A big food blog reported the change while it was still listed for Teppan Edo.

Hopefully just a mistake as Dulcee says
I would hope so. But since they changed my upcoming reservation to Tokyo Dining, I fear that something bigger is afoot. Unbelievable that they would do this without even the courtesy of telling me -- if the change is real.

I'm on hold now. Will report back.

Ok...she said on their end it still says Teppan Edo. Explanation is that it has something to do with the rolling out of the new magic band plus.

Ok...she said on their end it still says Teppan Edo.
Cast member said the same thing to me. But was confused about why the menus have been changed on the website. He was contacting his escalation team. But then the call got cut off. Of course. I'm on hold again.

Cast member said the same thing to me. But was confused about why the menus have been changed on the website. He was contacting his escalation team. But then the call got cut off. Of course. I'm on hold again.
It doesn't make sense. Of all things to change...it was the Teppan Edo/Tokyo Dining switch? Sounds like there is more to the story. I will stay tuned to see if you hear anything more.

Thanks for posting. My September Teppan Edo reservation shows now as tokyo Dining. Not sure if I should go in and try to modify back to Teppan Edo. We love Teppan Edo and would be super unhappy not to get to dine there.

Thanks for posting. My September Teppan Edo reservation shows now as tokyo Dining. Not sure if I should go in and try to modify back to Teppan Edo. We love Teppan Edo and would be super unhappy not to get to dine there.

Ok so I did the modify reservation option. Teppan edo came up and I chose my same time and when I saved it, it still shows Tokyo Dining.

I just called back and was assured that this is all just a technical snafu. The system still knows that we have Teppan Edo reservations, and despite the menu posted on the Disney World website, Teppan Edo still has a hibachi menu, rather than the Tokyo dining menu.

Fingers crossed.

I just called back and was assured that this is all just a technical snafu. The system still knows that we have Teppan Edo reservations, and despite the menu posted on the Disney World website, Teppan Edo still has a hibachi menu, rather than the Tokyo dining menu.

Fingers crossed.
For what it's worth, Hollywood and Vine still says it has family style dinning through "August 27th." So Disney is apparently having trouble updating their menus today.

My August Teppan Edo is also showing as Tokyo Dining. Trying not to panic lol. Hope they get it figured out soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter