• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Teppan Edo

Big Kid in Alabama

Earning My Ears
85 days til our trip!!! YEA! I already have an ADR at Coral Reef. I was thinking of changing it to Teppan Edo. The kids don't like seafood. Is this place good? I hear they have steamed rice and not fried. What's up with that. Would changing it be a good decision?

Teppen Edo is good food & fun a must do for us every trip. You can ck there menu on here to see if there is something for your kids that they would like.
I know my son gets the steak. No fried rice on the white I've seen.
Coral Reef is good food & a giant Aquarium which your kids would love.

Fried rice is considered Chinese food, it's at the Nine Dragons in China but you won't find it in the Japan restaurants. You WILL find noddles and steamed rice, they're common to both cultures.

I think kids would enjoy Teppan Edo more. It is more of a "show" and the chefs that come to your table are great entertainers.

I personally LOVE teppan edo - and when you mis the white rice with your meal it is really tasty. I personally was not very impressed with Coral Reef and I LOVE seafood. It was okay - but Teppan Edo was more entertaining.

Thanks everyone, I know the children's menu is chicken but one of the kids is 16 and she won't eat seafood. I am going to change restaurants.
We can't wait....this will be our 4th year in a row to get to go.

I hear they have steamed rice and not fried. What's up with that.
Fried rice isn't typically part of Japanese -- or any authentic Asian -- cuisine. The fried rice eaten in the United States is a variation of a Chinese dish, which is why it is so common at American-Chinese take-out joints. You will rarely, if ever find, find it at Japanese steakhouses or sushi restaurants.

To address the rest of your post, I like Teppan Edo. It's basic, but the food is tasty and the entertainment is fun. It's not too different than your hometown Benihana, though, which is why my family rarely eats there. It seems you have already decided to switch your reservation, but for what it's worth, I prefer Coral Reef. I love the setting and think the food is better than the reviews on this board suggests.

Hi!

I would personaly stick to Coral Reef. I dont eat fish and I always have the NY strip steak and always enjoy it VERY much. On the menu, there is also Beef short rib dish and chicken dish. The aquarium is awesome and I love the atmosphere. We visited Teppan Edo for the first time in March2010 and I wasnt impressed at all with the food, it was just ok.

I have to agree with the above post...We just ate there on Monday and the "show " was OK, the food OK, but the service was really slow. We waited about 10 min to get our drinks and then to get dessert, and then to get the bill. The whole dinner took over 2 hours and the table that left across from us said they had been there for 2 1/2 hours. It's hard to get the kids to sit for that long...:confused3

We have eaten at Teppan Edo twice and both times it was delicious. :lovestruc I don't remember the service being unusually slow.

We ate at Teppen Edo on our last trip and we all loved it. So much in fact that we started going to Japanese Steakhouses around where we live - and at all of them, they serve fried (not steamed) rice (Teppen Edo did not have the fried rice though.) Try the ginger cake - IIRC it was very good.

We had excellent service, great food (steak and chicken), and a decent show. We actually enjoy the new Japanese Steakhouse across the street from us now so much that we go there about twice a month.

I vote Teppan Edo as well, we go every year. Coral Reef is where I had possibly the worst meal ever on Disney property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter