Teppan Edo question

mrsap

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone! I was excited to get a reservation at Teppan Edo last night but had a question about the menu. Does anyone know what the hibachi dinners come with? By us it's typically clear soup, salad, shrimp, veggies, noodles and rice. Would you recommend it over a place like Kobe? Thanks.

mrsap said:
Hello everyone! I was excited to get a reservation at Teppan Edo last night but had a question about the menu. Does anyone know what the hibachi dinners come with? By us it's typically clear soup, salad, shrimp, veggies, noodles and rice. Would you recommend it over a place like Kobe? Thanks.

there are no appetizers included with your dinner. that is extra. dinner includes your main dish plus dessert. you get also 3 dipping sauces, noodles, and rice.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

Teppan Edo lunch/dinner is delicious, and is usually a must-do for us. Unfortunately, its coming out of the rotation next year. You only get an appetizer if you have the DXDP, or pay OOP. Otherwise, its just your entree, white rice, udon noodles with veggies, and the dipping sauce, as the prior poster mentioned. The portion is not as large as other TS in Epcot, so if this is your one big meal for the day, and you're a big eater, you may leave hungry. It also takes a bit longer (not complaining, just sayin'), so if your hoping to be done within an hour, you may wish to allow yourself more time. You sit with a group of other people that all have to be served along with you, so that takes time. It is an experience if you've never been, though, cause the chef makes a cute little show of it, like a Mickey Volcano made of onions, and plays Nemo with the shrimp.

frannn said:
Teppan Edo lunch/dinner is delicious, and is usually a must-do for us. Unfortunately, its coming out of the rotation next year. You only get an appetizer if you have the DXDP, or pay OOP. Otherwise, its just your entree, white rice, udon noodles with veggies, and the dipping sauce, as the prior poster mentioned. The portion is not as large as other TS in Epcot, so if this is your one big meal for the day, and you're a big eater, you may leave hungry. It also takes a bit longer (not complaining, just sayin'), so if your hoping to be done within an hour, you may wish to allow yourself more time. You sit with a group of other people that all have to be served along with you, so that takes time. It is an experience if you've never been, though, cause the chef makes a cute little show of it, like a Mickey Volcano made of onions, and plays Nemo with the shrimp.

Thanks guys, I guess that's what I was hoping not to hear. I'd love to eat right in the park and then be right there for the fireworks, but overall, I think it may be more worth it to go to an off site place and come back. I would think they'd go above and beyond at a Disney restaurant. Thanks.

Soup and salad are not included. You can purchase them separately.

Teppan Edo does not serve fried rice. Steamed rice only.

I would think they'd go above and beyond at a Disney restaurant.

Teppan Edo is not operated by Disney. It is operated by a Japanese company, Mitsukoshi. It is different from what you might get at an American chain Japanese steakhouse.

We don't do this because we are very used to Kibe and don't think our kids will like it at all. Not to mention if our oldest wants sushi!!! I can't afford to feed that bottomless put sushi at Disney world!

The portions will definatly be less than what you're used to at other Hibachi style restaurants. But the food was very good and the chef was entertaining. I'd give it a try - if you're still hungry later you can always sample some tasty treats in one of the other World Showcase pavillions. My kids loved it here. I only wish they had steak on the kids menu (not sure if they do now, but they did not when we went) as that is what they like to eat at Hibachi restaurants. But my DH ordered steak and the kids got shrimp I think and he traded with them, so it all worked out.

We LOVE Teppan Edo.

We hit our local Japanese hibachi restaurant every couple of weeks. The portions were smaller than the local restaurant, but that's not saying much. I can eat 1.5 - 2 meals with the leftovers typically. At Teppan Edo, I just finished most of the food. :thumbsup2

We ate there on Thursday. I wish they had steak on the kids menu, my ds and dd2 would have loved that. They don't have fried rice at all anymore :( pretty sure they did in 09 when we went. Salad and soup are extra and there is no shrimp appetizer. The food was yummy! Love the sauces. We had a female chef and she was awesome. So nice too bad she's going back home this week.
We also had for the first time issues with our dining partners. One of the women sitting at our table was obviously drunk and was very sloppy, not fun at all.

for what its worth, my son and i CAN EAT, (i can polish off the Tonga Toast myself lol) and we always leave stuffed. Their filet, noodles and dessert is incredible. Very good food, and the show is awesome. I highly recommend this place.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

If you are on the dining plan it is one entree (either a single meat or a combination), udon noodles, and white rice followed by dessert. It is less food than you typically get at an American chain, but we love the authenticity and culture, not to mention that the service has always been outstanding!

We are HUGE Teppan EDO Fans...

Here is our review with pics....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34515-d477746-r132855396-Teppan_Edo-Orlando_Florida.html

Teppan Edo is the one restaurant that we have never skipped as a family...in approximately 13 visits since Epcot opened....

We NEVER leave hungry.... We love the veggies, and meal... white rice is served which is authentic Japanese....no soup or salad those are extra.

Fried rice has not been served at Teppan Edo.... perhaps it was served at Teppan Yaki..... I seem to remember that but I'm glad that Teppan Edo is more authentic...the show is always super... and a nice break from the park...

Have a magical visit !

Mary

Thanks everyone for your honest reviews. My hubby and I are going to talk about it. I'm a huge hibachi fan so I think I'd be happy anywhere! The pictures definitely look good. Thanks for them! We do not have a dining plan, as we are staying off property. Thanks again!

This has been our must do restaurant since the beginning! Very traditional, we lived in Japan, and we like it much more than the more Americanized versions. We have never left hungry, and think the show is well worth the time.

I have another question - our group of 7 is going to end up with 2 extra adult TS meals. Can my mom use one of those to get a sushi dinner here in addition to the hibachi meal? I saw sushi on the menu - my mother's favorite!

If you're on the regular dining plan, sushi is considered an appetizer at Teppan Edo and not available on the dining plan.

You can't use your dining plan to order more meals than you have people on the plan, at any rate. So you would not be able to get an extra meal out of it.

You can't use your dining plan to order more meals than you have people on the plan, at any rate. So you would not be able to get an extra meal out of it.

Thank you - I didn't realize this little fact! 2 people in our group are showing up a day later so we end up with 2 TS meal credits in our group of 7. I was hoping we could use them by ordering an extra entree. Bummer

If you have extra people listed on your card you MIGHT be able to order an extra entree - but you're limited by what the restaurant will let you do. You probably couldn't get sushi.

Disney doesn't operate Teppan Edo, and often the non-Disney restaurants are stricter about the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter