1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Teppan Edo??? Or something else?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by ILuvTinkerbelle, Jan 6, 2013.

1. ILuvTinkerbelle

ILuvTinkerbelle Mommy the Magic Maker

We have lunch ADRs for Teppan Edo.....however after reading some reviews I am rethinking that....I know it is all about the show, but there are hibachi restaurants here.....wondering if Biergarten (which we have eaten at before and loved) would be a better choice. We have a 5 yr old with us who loves music.....but the 2 adults and teens want good food.....

We are having dinner with the Princesses at Akershus so I feel her needs will be met at dinner.....

Thoughts would be appreciated! While I have heard that Italy and Mexico are good choices I am from NY where that kind of food is plentiful and delicious....

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. hoosll

hoosll DIS Veteran

DH and I ate at Teppan Edo on our last trip and my husband said it was the best meal of the trip (which also included Yachtsman Steakhouse). I was disappointed to find out that they don't take Tables in Wonderland but they do offer a passholder discount which I didn't know until later in the trip.

Kids love watching the chefs perform for them.

4. fallen_angel727

fallen_angel727 Here you leave today and enter the world of yester

My best friend and I ate at Teppan Edo on out trip back in June and it was excellent...I wasn't a fan of the desserts, but she loved them The entrees however were wonderful!

5. tluvstink

tluvstink DIS Veteran

I like Teppan Edo but we skip it. Not because it it's bad but we have better hibachi places at home. Having said that I am a firm believer in trying things for yourself and if you don't like it you'll know better next time:)

If you do decide to go somewhere else you may want to consider Chefs de France. They have a wonderful lunch menu and you may get to see Remy:flower3:

Terri

6. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Common sense is so rare, should be a Super Power.

1) From the two, I would do Biergarten.
    2) Teppana Edo is only a so-so hibachi restaurant; Benihana is better
    3) So, go for something you can't get better at home.

7. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

We love teppan edo. The filet is so good. Love the show the chefs put on. I also love the noodles and the green tea dessert, thought it was delicious. Chocolate cake was also great! I think its a great entertaining place for everyone! Can't go wrong here.

Biergarten was good but I didn't feel it a must do every time. I didn't care for the texture of some of the meats. Its a good experience but i feel there are better restaurants around.

I also love, in this order, Via Napoli, Tutto Italia, and Chefs de France. Delicious food!

8. jmcghee2024

jmcghee2024 DIS Veteran

I would do Biergarten! Great food!

9. MyOtherSS

MyOtherSS Mouseketeer

Teppen Edo is always a safe bet, I've always thought the food was excellent but it is still a Hibachi restaurant and the show the chefs put on is not very different from the local ones in my area. I have always wanted to try Biergarden but the food isn't really what my girlfriend and I are into. I say Biergarden if you have Hibachi near you hometown!

10. Farps

Farps Mouseketeer

I have read many reviews on WDW restaurants, and can't believe all of the different opinions. I honestly think that you need to try a place for yourself. If you like what is on the menu than you should try it. I have seen negative reviews for some of our favorite places. Enjoy......

11. rznhal

rznhal DIS Veteran

Teppan Edo was my favorite meal of our trip last february!!

Tho you could argue the food is like any hometown place, i think the likelihood of meeting really diverse people at your table is greater. At our meal, we sat with a family from England who was visiting their son, who drove a monorail.

How cool is that?!?!?:goodvibes

12. Kelleigh710

Kelleigh710 Mouseketeer

I think another unique experience in Epcot is Coral Reef. The aquariums keep the kids intrigued and the food is wonderful!

13. doclegler

doclegler DIS Veteran

We didn't love Teppen Edo. I just thought it was average, at best.
    My suggestions would be Via Napoli or Biergarten as you mentioned. Or how about Garden Grill? The characters are great there!:thumbsup2