Teppan Edo in Japan?

michaela mouse

Mouseketeer
Went to this restaurant when it was called Teppanyakki Grill but not since. My wife and I love hibachi style and think our 8 and 5 year olds will get a kick out of it. Anyone have any reviews or thoughts on this choice?

The past two trips we went to WDW we have gone to Teppan Edo and loved it both times. The atmosphere is fun and the food tastes good. The entire experience is engaging from beginning to end and my DBF and DD liked it so much that we went back the next trip. I have been to true hibachi restaurants outside of WDW and this one is definitely fun and worth it! Hope this helps :) Enjoy your trip;)

We have been there twice and loved it! The only reason we're not going back this time is because some of our friends that live in the area are taking us to a local (non-Disney) hibachi place one night.

We have been there a few times. It is decent. My husband likes it more than I do, but it was still good. The entertainment is nice during dinner time. We had a good experience with the people we were sitting with last time we went. Be adviced, it's like other hibachi restaurants where you sit with others if your party is not large enough. We had five people and still sat with 4 others. It doesn't bother us, but I know some people don't like this. The chef made jokes, served food, and did little tricks. We had a beef appetizer (don't remember the name) but it was so yummy (one of the best things we ate all vacation). Wish I could have had more of that with dinner. Overall, I would recommend it.

We like it. I don't think its different from any other Japanese steakhouse, but DH thought it was better. If you like hibachi style and your kids haven't been before, then I'd say its worth it.

We like it. The food is fresh and it is good. It is fun to watch the chef prepare the meal. Enjoy!

I love it! We went to Teppan Edo for Thanksgiving/my husband's birthday. The entertainment from the chef was especially fun for the kids and kept them busy during the meal, the food was good, the service was outstanding. I was NOT excited about this choice before we went, but it is one of our family favorites now.

We eat there every trip, but this past December it moved up to our favorite. :thumbsup2 We LOVED it so much that we cancelled our Le Cellier reservation so we could eat there twice. :cloud9: Try the ginger cake. It is FANTASTIC. :lovestruc

Went to this restaurant when it was called Teppanyakki Grill but not since. My wife and I love hibachi style and think our 8 and 5 year olds will get a kick out of it. Anyone have any reviews or thoughts on this choice?

We love it there! Went for the first time in '09 and liked it so much we did it again this past Nov. We enjoyed it even more the 2nd time. Our DS's were 14 & 12 the 1st time and 16 &14 this last time. There was a little girl at the table across from us who was having such a fun time watching the cooks that I decided to take my 8 year old niece when we go this April. I am sure she will love it! I think this may be one of my favorite at WDW! I am sure you will enjoy it.

This is our traditional Family First night restaurant. We love it, and find it to be closer to what we had in Japan than the local hibachis. It is basically the same as Teppanyaki, Just a make over and name change. BTW the decor is lovely. We always find the staff friendly and helpful.

Teppan Edo is always my kid's first choice. Youngest DD always gets shrimp, DD gets the filet. DH gets steak/chicken combo and I've had the steak/chicken combo and the filet. It is a nice fresh meal, and the cooks are entertaining.

I don't think it's anything you can't get at a similar venue at home BUT with that said, the food is good and the entertainment factor is worth a trip. We really like it.

We have gone the last two years, and my girls (12 and 7) really enjoyed it. They loved watching the chef's show as he prepared the food. The shrimp, scallops, chicken and steak were all very good. DH wasn't too crazy about it, he thought the portions were a bit small, but everyone else in our party felt full. I think it's one of the better TS meals in Epcot.

Like other posters, we are big fans of Teppan Edo. I don't think I have dined at any other TS restaurants in WDW where the staff were so friendly and gracious. All the bowing and "thank yous" made us feel so welcome.

DH and went in Jan. for the first time and it was one of the first ADR's I made for our June trip. We sat with 2 other families that had children around the same age as yours. They seemed to enjoy it very much! Good food and good service. Definately worth a TS! :)

DSnow19 who has been to WDW 10 times is a HUGE fan of anything Asian...

Teppan Edo has been a Family Tradition for years... spanning the previous "Teppan Yaki" era... through now...

There have been changes made over the years... and dining plan has added / subtracted some things... however it remains a family favorite...

I completely understand ...Most negative reviews it receives are from folks who frequent local Beni Hana's in their area...

We have Hibachi available here but not Beni Hana... and ours doesn't really stack up to Teppan Edo (or perhaps it's because THEY are not at WDW LOL)

So we do recommend Teppan Edo. They now serve the noodles (I prefer Fried Rice) and desserts/appys have changed on the dining plan....

But we went back May 2010 and had a lot of fun... I love the large tables and don't mind visiting or not visiting with strangers...

I LOVE taking a BREAK from the park for a little dining with entertainment...

and always enjoy the food PLUS get plenty to eat...

Have a magical visit ! And check out the shop below (HUGE shop, pick a pearl entertainment) after your meal !

Hugs,
Mary

We really enjoyed Teppan Edo, but the performance is not as good as our local hibachi restaurants. All of the Japanese steak houses locally use a lot of fire in their performances, and DD was really disappointed when that element was so minimized at Teppan Edo. That said, the food was good, and we all enjoyed it - it just wasn't as good as the local places. If you live in an area where you don't have a lot of hibachi restaurants or where you don't visit them often, it is definitely worth visiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter