Teppan Edo....how was it?

MAKmom

<marquee><font color=peach>*Caution* thinks all p
Has anyone had lunch at the Teppan Edo. How was it. Is the menu the same as dinner.

We had lunch there on the 25th of November. It was very good. The salad is larger and there is a choice of 3 dressings. I got the ginger because I really like that one. Although I was tempted to try the sesame one. They added a new dipping sauce for your meal. In addition to the ginger and mustard, there is one for seafood. You now get noodles instead of bean sprouts. We really enjoyed our meal. I did think the price has gone up, but I'm not sure how much. The renovations are really nice. They really opened up the area where the lounge and tempura dining used to be. They don't take the DDE card, but if you have an annual pass, you can get 10% off on lunch during the week. Unfortunately, I didn't check that before I made my reservations.

We had lunch there on the 25th of November. It was very good. The salad is larger and there is a choice of 3 dressings. I got the ginger because I really like that one. Although I was tempted to try the sesame one. They added a new dipping sauce for your meal. In addition to the ginger and mustard, there is one for seafood. You now get noodles instead of bean sprouts. We really enjoyed our meal. I did think the price has gone up, but I'm not sure how much. The renovations are really nice. They really opened up the area where the lounge and tempura dining used to be. They don't take the DDE card, but if you have an annual pass, you can get 10% off on lunch during the week. Unfortunately, I didn't check that before I made my reservations.

My DH wants to make sure the Chef perpares the meal infront of you, DH 11 really wants to do this. I could not get a dinner so we are doing lunch.

Thank you! :goodvibes

I am also interested in finding out about Teppan Edo, so I am bumping this up.

Also, if anyone has any pictures that would be great! We are going in January.

My sons love watching the chef cook. The twins (AGE 7) each ordered the the shrimp and loved their choc. chip cookie for desert. This was one of our favorites.

We'll be there in 2 weeks for the 1st time -- I'm really picky eater (bland actually)

Anyone been here since the re-do?

Please give us details on Lunch & dinner!

My DH wants to make sure the Chef perpares the meal infront of you, DH 11 really wants to do this. I could not get a dinner so we are doing lunch.

Thank you! :goodvibes

Yes, the Chef does prepare the food in front of you. The rooms are laid out the same way as when it was the Teppanyaki, but the table seemed bigger to me. We had more room for the drinks, plates and sauces. :thumbsup2 I think you'll really enjoy it. I know we did. :)

We went to Teppan Edo last Saturday, and we loved it. At first we were a little concerned as we didn't know what to expect, but it was the best experience. Actually, it was the best meal we had during our 8 day stay at Disney. We were on the Disney Dining plan. I had the Shrimp and my wife had the salad for an appetizer. We both had the Fillet Mignon and my daughter had the chicken, it was awesome. The chief cooked right in front of you, and it was our first time we experienced this. You do sit with out people, but it was very pleasant. Everyone there was very nice, and they made your dining experience extra special. I can guarantee you won’t be disappointed. ENJOY!

How many people do they sit at one table? We'll be a party of 5 on our trip in May. Thanks! :)

P.S. We were there when it was Teppanyaki, and I believe the tables sat 8 people then.

Thank you I feel better now. DD keeps doing chopping motions like she is cooking the meal for us. We ate at Teppanyaki about 5 years ago :santa:

I can't wait until our dinner here in May. This will be our first dinner during the trip.

I did hear that they serve white rice instead of fried rice. Does anyone know if that is just an option or if it's standard. The teppanyaki grills I have eaten at in the past have always offered fried rice with the meal or white rice if you preferred that.

We ate there on Monday for dinner and it was the best meal of the trip. I had the chicken and DH the steak. We had 6 adults at our table and our DS in a high chair. DS was hypnotized by the chef. Everything was delicious.

White rice was served not sure if fried was available.

We were there on Tuesday for lunch and it was very good food, as we've come to expect. There is a cute kids meal - Terriyaki Chicken that comes in a bullet train looking dish. My girls ate it up! Lunch was considerably more expensive than we remembered - I had steak and chicken, DH had steak and shrimp and we got 2 kids meals. 3 kids drinks (DS shared food with me) and DH and I had hot green tea and lunch with tip was $120.

The tables normally seat 8 but they will put high chairs on the corner and seat up to 10 that way. The new tables made that more reasonable as there was room for dishes.

I can't wait until our dinner here in May. This will be our first dinner during the trip.

I did hear that they serve white rice instead of fried rice. Does anyone know if that is just an option or if it's standard. The teppanyaki grills I have eaten at in the past have always offered fried rice with the meal or white rice if you preferred that.

It is the BEST white rice you will ever eat. You don't even miss the fried rice here. I was never a fan of plain white rice until I had theirs. :faint:

How does this place compare with Benihana's or other comparable teppanyaki restaurants outside WDW? DH loves this type of dining so I've made an ADR for dinner for our upcoming trip. But because he likes it so much I also don't want him to be disappointed (since we do have a local teppanyaki restaurant that we enjoy visiting every so often).

We enjoy teppanyaki at home, but the experience is more authentic at WDW, the chefs are very well trained and the knife work is better than we've seen elsewhere. The food is every bit as good if not better than Benihana or other places. It is more costly so if budget is an issue then you might prefer to try something else, but I've never been disappointed in the food there as I have been at local places (and we've done it in Phoenix, Texas, Chicago...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter