Teppan Edo for kids?

Neesy228

DIS Veteran
Wondering how kids typically do at Teppan Edo? I think that the cooking/entertainment would be awesome for them - just not sure that once the food was set in front of them, that my kids would touch it! Experiences with younger kids?

TIA!

We took our 3yo DD last month and she really enjoyed the meal. We had her noodles made veggie free since zuccini, onions, and mushrooms are not her favorite things. She loved the sauces, but didn't touch her chicken...no surprise there she doesn't eat any meat. We munched on her chicken and she was given a chocolate chip cookie for dessert. Honestly, the noodles were plenty for her, but she did eat a banana before bed that night.

Oh, and she thought the chef was very entertaining and they gave the kids menus to color...I say go for it! My DH and I loved the food.

My kids love it. They were 7 & 4 the first time we took them to that style of restaurant and it was an instant hit. We tried Teppan Edo for the first time in Jan and its now a must-do.

We enjoyed the food. DD was 3 at the time. She enjoyed the entertainment but I am a little miffed at the service we received. We are a family of 5. We were seated with 2 couples. My DD was placed at the corner of the table. She couldn't reach her food. People couldn't move around so she could squeeze in. She managed. No refills until the chef was completely finished. It was good but not sure if we will go back. IF there is a next time, I will speak up about needing the room for her. I know she is pint sized but she deserves to eat her food in comfort too.

Reading the reviews on here so far, it appears we have been the only family seated this way. If it happens to you speak up.

How old are your kids?

My 9,7, and 5 year olds loved it.

They like watching them cook, and they also enjoy the food.

They ask that you seat the children on the corners since that is the farthest from the grilling surface.

Our kids have never been tempted to touch the grill for what that is worth.

My Oldest just eats the rice and Udon noodles and my boy loves the Japanese chicken nuggets (chicken tempura) served in a monorail.

Our 2 and now turned 3 Yr old have been going to Hibachi grills since we got them. If fact Our celebration dinner when Lilly came home from Haiti was at a hibachi grill! She was 14 months at the time! They love it. Anything to entertain while eating. Usually they will serve you while they are cooking so you kind of eat and watch.

Both our girls love it and try to eat with Chop sticks. The 3 yr old is pretty good now! LOL
Heidi

Do they serve the kids' meals in the monorail plates at Teppan Edo? I thought I saw a picture somewhere, but we all know how well the search feature works.

Do they serve the kids' meals in the monorail plates at Teppan Edo? I thought I saw a picture somewhere, but we all know how well the search feature works.

No. Only the Tempura dishes. Those are prepared in the back. The Children's steak and chicken are served on the same kind of plates as everyone else.

I was there on Thurs and there were TONS of kids around having a great time (and eating!). The chefs near us were very accomodating to picky eaters.

I remember going as a kid and it was a favorite meal.

Our experience when we have dined here several times over the years,children at our table loved it and enjoyed the food and ate well.:goodvibes :goodvibes Danny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter