Teppan Edo & Biergarten with a Toddler

Jessica527

Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)
Hi all! I am just starting to plan our November '16 trip, our first one as a family of 3. I have been to Disney so many times before and am a huge foodie, but I never even blinked an eye at some of the seating and if it was toddler friendly.

It will be DH and DD who will almost 2 yrs old when we travel.

Is there appropriate seating for a 2 year old at Teppan Edo? Biergarten? Any feedback you have would be great!

I'm not quite sure what you mean by appropriate seating, but each of our boys went to Biergarten right around age 2 and had a fabulous time. Pretty much all Disney restaurants are appropriate for little ones with the exception of V&A.

We took our ten months old to teppan edo last January. He's a laid back baby and liked the "show." They pull a high chair right up to the table for you. However, the fire does flame up and it may scare a tot so I think it depends on your kid's personality.

High chairs are available. Can't say about booster seats. Maybe also, the OP means that these restaurants have communal seating and smaller parties will be seated with other parties. I'm not sure why communal seating would not be appropriate for a young child. If the persons they seat with you don't want to sit with a child, they can ask to be seated someplace else.

Make sure you see the band at Biergarten. Little kids love to go out to the dance floor and boogie.

We went to Teppan Edo with the family and we were told the kids had to sit at the corner seats because they were a little further from the grill. They were older though 4 & 5. In a high chair, your DD's reach will be more limited.

My DS is almost 2 and loves Biergarten (a couple weeks after we got home, I asked him what he wanted for lunch... "Biergarten!").

Since he will be under 3, he is also free to eat there. I think DS surprisingly had one of the healthiest deals he had at Disney there... in addition to German staples, he ate a bunch of green beans, roasted root vegetables, etc.

The band also plays on and off, and the kids can all go down to dance. That was a lot of fun for DS.

The tables there are communal though, and I think they actually put DS's high chair between me and the other party sharing the table. It didn't feel uncomfortable at all, as no one was on top of one another, but I did say a silent prayer that DS wouldn't accidentally hit his neighbor w/food.

I would just slightly recommend Biergarten over Teppan Edo for a toddler: the seating for Teppan Edo is pretty tight so there isn't room to move around if the child should need to do so. Also, it seems like the décor and show at Biergarten would be more lively and engaging for a little one.

Biergarten is great. They have a show for the dinner hours which kids really enjoy, and there are plenty of foods for them to eat (mac and cheese and such).

Great feedback! DD does excellent eating out right now when she has her own space and something to distract her. Great points on Teppan Edo with limited space to move around. We will make sure Biergarten is on the list and yes, like TravelingTotMom said --- I will say a prayer for little food movement/throwing. She does great normally but who knows!

Thanks everyone :)

I second and third Biergarten!!! We have gone twice to Biergarten with our boys (both times under 3) and it was one of their favourite places to eat! They were able to roam free, dance, and they loved the food!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter