Tenth for me yet first trip for this couple! PTR!

lindsayp

Princess-in-training
Hello disboards! :goodvibes

Since coming home from my last trip to WDW in may, I've been lurking around disboards and secretly deciding to start planning another trip to dis! :thumbsup2 Last May my sister, mom, and I spent an awesome 9 days at AKL and had one the best trips. It was our third trip in the last 3 years and my mother and sister want a break. :confused3 Well....I don't! This time I would like to go with my DBF of 6 years, Damen.

So the Cast

Me- Lindsay, 21, I've been in love with disney as long as i can remember! :worship: Now that I'm 21 i can't wait to try all the yummy drinks I've seen in reviews! :rotfl:

DBF- Damen, never been to disney :scared1:, isn't totally sure about going yet. He thinks disney is just for kids :(

Damen and me at my cousin's wedding. This was last fall, before my 40 pound weight loss journey. More on that later.
090.JPG

Trip details-These plans are tentative and are subject to change :upsidedow

March 1, 2012- March 8, 2012
8 day magic your way ticket
Magic your way plus dining OR Quick Service dining to save money

I'm under a budget so I've been looking at value resorts. I've stayed and Pop century and liked so that's the main resort I'm researching into. Damen told me that we're just gonna sleep at the resort why spend all that extra money on a deluxe resort. :sad2: alas, he doesn't know how awesome they are! (Which is a good thing this trip since we're staying value :rolleyes1 ANYWHO, It's 2,500 with the tickets and plus dining or 2,000 with counter service. Flights are gonna be around 600 for the both of us. Add in tips, souvenirs, photo pass, etc. etc...I'm hoping the trip will keep around 3,500 hundred. Gotta start saving! :wizard:

Possible Restaurants

Cinderella's Royal table- i would love to get the romantic balcony here!! :love:
Spirit of Aloha- looks awesome!

Any restaurants you think are romantic or perfect for an adult couple?

This trip is gonna have some snags.
Problem 1: Damen believes WDW is for kids and that he won't fit in the rides. He has knee problems as well, so full days at the parks and certain rides are out. I just don't want to end up 'dragging' him around the parks :sad1: Does anyone have and suggestions in how to get him excited for disney? I want him to love it as much as i do!

Thanks all for reading and I hope you enjoy all the crazy planing! :cool1:

These are some resource websites (pretty much I'm putting them here for myself so I don't have to look them up again ;)
Dining Plan Resturants
Park Hours

Not even one day in and I'm already thinking of changing the trip from march to may! :rotfl: My bf and I are in school and (of course) our breaks don't match up. :rolleyes: I get out beginning of may so I'm thinking now we will go then! Also...I'm thinking of renting DVC points, since Its only about ~200 more to stay at AKL villa. Ahhh lots to decide! And Damen doesn't even know I'm planning already! :woohoo:

Weather and crowd wise, I'd say stick with March (but understand if you can't because of school breaks).

I think renting DVC points is an excellent idea. We're staying DVC for the first time in a couple of weeks, and the rental process has been a breeze -- and cheaper than it would've been to stay at a moderate resort.

This is also my BF's first trip, and my 11th. I think he's going to love it! Hope your BF does, too :goodvibes

Weather and crowd wise, I'd say stick with March (but understand if you can't because of school breaks).

I think renting DVC points is an excellent idea. We're staying DVC for the first time in a couple of weeks, and the rental process has been a breeze -- and cheaper than it would've been to stay at a moderate resort.

This is also my BF's first trip, and my 11th. I think he's going to love it! Hope your BF does, too :goodvibes

I wish I could stick with march, then the trip would be closer! ;) but besides the breaks not lining up, there's still a lot to plan so march is probably too close a date anyways! :rolleyes1 DVC worked out great for us last may! Kidani village is beautiful. I miss it hehe. My boyfriend is still unaware that I have started planning already...we'll see how he reacts...;) I'm gonna go check out your PTR now :rotfl: Thanks for reading!

Hey, don't feel bad -- I was pre-planning for about 2 years before I finally got my BF to say "book it!" I'm sure you guys will have an awesome time! :banana:

Hey, don't feel bad -- I was pre-planning for about 2 years before I finally got my BF to say "book it!" I'm sure you guys will have an awesome time! :banana:

Thanks! I hope he can enjoy it as much as I do, but to do that I will have to relax the amount of hours we spend in the parks and do some activities on the marina since he loves fishing. Thanks for reading!

Damen and I went to the Yates Cider Mill today are had an awesome time pigging out on donuts and, of course, cider! :lovestruc Trixie, my lil pooch, came along for the ride (and got a taste of the donuts for her trouble :laughing:)

Here she is greeting the goats at the petting zoo they have...too cute!
DSCF2568.JPG

I would have gotten pictures of us with the donuts and cider but....I totally blanked once I bought them! :rolleyes: I edited the first post with a picture of me and Damen but it is old, from last fall. Since then I've lost about 40 pounds...but that's a story for another post :blush:...Tomorrow the fam and I are tailgating up in Lansing for the MSU vs. Michigan football game. :drinking1 Will post about it later. Thanks for reading and let's go blue!!

Yesterday I talked to my BF and he said he would go to disney! :jumping1: But at first he said he was going to hang out at the resort while I go to the parks! :eek: Which I said is ok...in small amounts of time not the whole day! Then he said he will go one whole day with me to the parks :sad2: But what about dinners in the parks?, i asked. He goes "ok, so one full day and I'll go into the parks around dinner time." :rolleyes: I think he just enjoys making me crazy! Pretty sure tho that I can convince him to come to the parks with me when I go, since he went from no parks to parks half the time by himself. :rotfl: But I know I will have to relax my park goings, which is okay with me. He sleeps in late so I'd probably head over the park for a couple hours by myself and he'd come meet me. I'm also planning on spending some time at the marina and to do some fishing which will be fun. Most of all, I just want him to see how great WDW is and to want to come back. I'm willing to give up a couple hours in the park for that :) Time to kick start the planning into high gear!

Yesterday I talked to my BF and he said he would go to disney! :jumping1:

That's great news! Don't worry, I'm sure he's going to like the parks way more than he thinks and will want to spend more time there than he's saying now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter