Tent camping must haves?

kiltclan

Kilt up!
Hi all! This Oct will be our first time camping in a tent in the Ft! We're fl natives and have gone traditional camping before, so we know all the basics for that, but is there anything you would bring specifically to ft wilderness that you might not being normally?

We were thinking at the very least a power strip and a fan, but we can't think of anything else. Thanks in advance!

This sounds silly but over the door hooks because the shower stalls only have one hook and a small bench that is sometimes wet from the previous person. Since you are from Florida, you know our heat, and we travel with 4 fans (and AC in our popup). I agree on a couple of decorations. I also feel that I dress a little nicer when I'm at FW rather than other campgrounds. There aren't any dishwashing sinks so tubs for dishwashing. Have a great time! I hope you love it as much as we do!!

Love the door hook idea! I pull some paper towels on my way into the comfort station in case I need to wipe water off off the bench in the shower "booth". Saves my towels for more "important" drying. :rolleyes:

Another thing I bring is a small "dustbuster" type vacuum...lot's of sand/coquina at the Fort and my broom just isn't as good at getting the grit up. A screen room is also an item I like to use at the Fort as it is nice to just sit and watch the wildlife without the mosquitoes getting me.

We use Christmas lights to light up the site.
Also, I second the idea of using a hook over the door.
I'm looking forward to other people's suggestions.

I have not camped at Disney .... yet...

but, we have been doing a lot of practice lately and the one huge improvement to our set up has been a humongous tarp with homemade tent poles. We camped in a week of rain and not a drop got into our tent. I think the tarp is the best purchase we have made and used thus far. We use tree poles, metal stakes and bungee cords. At first it took us a while to get it set up the way we like, but now, myself and my oldest child can do it in ten minutes or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter