Tent Camping at FW

FLDisneyFan

Mouseketeer
I just booked two nights at FW at the AP rate - good deal!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Since my first camping trip there in June I have acquired a propane stove, a propane lantern and a lot of wisdom from fellow DIS campers!

This time, I'm hoping for the 1500 loop. Its just me - so I don't need a huge site! And being close to the Meadows pool will be great!

Congratulations!! I hope you get 1500, but whatever the case, I'm sure you will have a great trip!!!!

WOO HOO!!:banana: Me too!!!

We just booked 8/19-21, we also just got our AP's. We are actually building a camper, but in the meantime, it's tenting in the Fort! We also requested the 1500...here's hoping!

Sorry for all the !!!!! but i am STOKED and doing the happy dance all over the house :cool1:

We just booked 8/19-21, we also just got our AP's. We are actually building a camper, but in the meantime, it's tenting in the Fort! We also requested the 1500...here's hoping!

Sorry for all the !!!!! but i am STOKED and doing the happy dance all over the house :cool1:

:woohoo: Have a great trip !

It would be cool to see pictures of your camper from start to finish. :thumbsup2

I would L-O-V-E to see what you are building, is it a custom contraption of some sort? I really enjoy tent camping with my kiddos, they love it to, I just dont see us moving "up" to anything else for a couple of years, not to metion the money I have invested in some nice equipment.. but I have been rolling the idea of building some sort of pull around kitchen contraption... of course you need some sort of skill for that so I'm working with no net :rotfl:

I would L-O-V-E to see what you are building, is it a custom contraption of some sort? I really enjoy tent camping with my kiddos, they love it to, I just dont see us moving "up" to anything else for a couple of years, not to metion the money I have invested in some nice equipment.. but I have been rolling the idea of building some sort of pull around kitchen contraption... of course you need some sort of skill for that so I'm working with no net :rotfl:

I don't want to hijack this thread, so here's a link to a quick thread about the build:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=42221872#post42221872

I have no idea what that means!!!!!

:confused3:confused3:confused3

lol, The lime green mickey head is sort of a "not so secret handshake" of the Dis. If you display your Lime green Mickey head, people will know you're a Dis-er. It's just a way of saying 'Hi' and letting other's know your open to some conversation with other Dis-ers. I'm sure someone can explain it better than me. If you google "lime green mickey head" you get the idea. There are paint swatches at home depot in mickey head form that can be peeled off and made into mini luggage tags you can hang off your backpack/bag/stroller when you're in the park. On the cruise ships, they are magnets on the door, and in the resorts or Fort, it's something you display in your window, or in our case, on a stake next to the tent:goodvibes

Wow - its been a big secret to me!

I've stayed in a number of Disney resorts and was just on the Disney Dream, and had no idea about the lime green Mickey heads!

I'm sure that I'll see a zillion of them now, and will definitely have on at the Fort!

Thanks for enlightening me.:thumbsup2

You get a discount at FW for being an AP holder? I never knew... how much of a discount do you get?

If you go to Passholder Offers, there are often discounted offers for lodging. This time I happened to get a great discount for FW.

Thanks. We are not passholders now but thinking of getting them. Do I have to already be a passholder to see the offers?

I have always had to have my pass ID number to get to the Passholder Offers. There is a website (MouseSavers.com) that keeps up with many of the passholder deals though.

Follow up - I just returned from two nights at the fort. It was very quiet compared to being there in early June. This time I stayed in the 1500 loop and liked it a lot better than the 2000 loop.

This time I brought my own food to cook, as opposed to the QSDP that I had last time. Of course I saved a bundle of money, and enjoyed cooking out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter