TEN rides at DL currently down!

KKB

DIS Veteran
OK we head next week for 1 park hopper day.
I know rides are just down for a short while, generally speaking.
But TEN RIDES AT ONE TIME??!!
I've been popping on the app, looking at wait times at each park at various times of the day but I've never seen anything like this.

OK we head next week for 1 park hopper day.
I know rides are just down for a short while, generally speaking.
But TEN RIDES AT ONE TIME??!!
I've been popping on the app, looking at wait times at each park at various times of the day but I've never seen anything like this.

Which ones?

Just checked the Tips board and there are now 17 attractions down! What is going on

I think due to lightning.
I saw light rain & didn't figure that was an issue...but I do see some worse areas on radar.
PHEW--THAT makes sense!
I thought things had really spiraled out of control more than they already are!

I saw light rain & didn't figure that was an issue...but I do see some worse areas on radar.
PHEW--THAT makes sense!
I thought things had really spiraled out of control more than they already are!
We saw lightening about 15 miles south of DL a few minutes ago.

Yeah, there have been several pop up thunderstorms in the area. I've been hearing thunder rumbling in the distance for the last 2 hours. They close outdoor rides when lightning is within 10 miles.

More thunderstorms in the area this morning. Sitting here listening to frequent thunder just 12 miles south of DLR with the cell moving north. Might head up towards Anaheim shortly.

On one of our trips last year there was a freak thunderstorm which appeared out of nowhere. They were closing most of the rides. We went into an empty Monsters Inc ride, right before a huge downpour. On our way out of the ride, CMs were advising people to not leave the building. They opened some of the maze gates to let everyone circle back to the entrance. We rode that ride 4x until the rain let up a bit. Every single outdoor ride was closed, so we headed back to the hotel. Good thing it was almost closing time!

We caught very briefly in the storm as today as we were loading the car to leave the Paradise Pier today. Saw many families running back to the hotel. And still others quickly walking toward the parks.

By the time we were on the freeway the rain stopped for us, so I don't think it lasted long.

It also rained a tiny bit during OBB the night before, but thankfully nothing got cancelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter