• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TEMPORARY Refrigerator Removal from WDW Resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the amenities (at least at BC) no longer list fridges

Lol

It's an amenity, not a convenience. Amenities are what attract people to different resorts. It's very poor form to remove an amenity without notice and not compensate guests for the loss of that amenity in some way. I am not suggesting free stays or anything like that but how about free mugs as someone mentioned previously or $10 off the room rate (which was in fact the amount Disney used to charge per day to rent refrigerators)?

The room descriptions include a refrigerator and it is poor customer service to take them away and offer nothing to make up for the absence of an advertised amenity.

Actually, I went online when I first found out about this and under "Amenities", the fridge is NOT listed. Or at least not at ASMo where I checked....I didn't look up the other resorts.

My guess is they removed them from the room descriptions before making the announcement.

This could become a Thread of the Month!

Pop Tarts instead of cereal for breakfast I guess

First of all, it's NOT a big deal. It's a temporary thing that Disney is fixing because they have to. Second of all, if you aren't going until late August, you can move off-property if you don't like it. Nobody is saying you have to keep your reservation as is.

Well I have to keep my reservation as is since it is paid in full at this time. At least I think it's paid in full, I have been trying to pay for 3 days now, thanks to Disneys subpar website, it has been quite an issue. I can understand that things happen and Disney is fixing it because they have to. Thankfully, I surf the Disboards daily so I will be prepared. I would be VERY upset if I arrived at AKL with my water, yogurt and juice and had no refrigerator. Why is it so difficult for them to notify arriving guests beforehand? Hopefully their refrigerator problem does not last as long as their website problem has lasted.

Actually, I went online when I first found out about this and under "Amenities", the fridge is NOT listed. Or at least not at ASMo where I checked....I didn't look up the other resorts.

My guess is they removed them from the room descriptions before making the announcement.

Yup. They changed it

Clever

It's an amenity, not a convenience. Amenities are what attract people to different resorts. It's very poor form to remove an amenity without notice and not compensate guests for the loss of that amenity in some way. I am not suggesting free stays or anything like that but how about free mugs as someone mentioned previously or $10 off the room rate (which was in fact the amount Disney used to charge per day to rent refrigerators)?

An "amenity" that exists in every resort on property isn't likely to draw people to a particular resort. If only some rooms had them, then yes, I can see where that would be a draw.

I am thinking they are saying 4 months as a CYA thing

They should send out written notification minimum of 2 weeks prior to arrival time if you aren't going to have one so guest can make other arrangements.

Well I have to keep my reservation as is since it is paid in full at this time. At least I think it's paid in full, I have been trying to pay for 3 days now, thanks to Disneys subpar website, it has been quite an issue. I can understand that things happen and Disney is fixing it because they have to. Thankfully, I surf the Disboards daily so I will be prepared. I would be VERY upset if I arrived at AKL with my water, yogurt and juice and had no refrigerator. Why is it so difficult for them to notify arriving guests beforehand? Hopefully their refrigerator problem does not last as long as their website problem has lasted.

I'm pretty sure they notified everyone as quickly as they could.

I agree with you 100% that all guests that have rooms booked should be notified by Disney in advance.

I also agree that the website is awful.

I just called CSR to confirm the fridge situation; we will have a child with us who needs refrigeration for meds. The CM at the resort transferred me to central reservations. This CM had to put me on hold for some time while she spoke with someone at CSR. I was told that CSR would 'guarantee' that the fridge would be in our room, and it was noted as a medical priority. Big relief to say the least!!

An "amenity" that exists in every resort on property isn't likely to draw people to a particular resort. If only some rooms had them, then yes, I can see where that would be a draw.

Guests do not have to stay on property. Until today, apparently, refrigerators were listed as an amenity of staying onsite in a WDW hotel.

I hate the idea of using a cooler for a week. Or, worse yet, a trashcan filled with ice. How magical!

My wife is going to hate not being able to make a cuppa with milk from the fridge whenever she wants, we are British after all! ;)

I hope they will cater for this situation by offering milk for tea/coffee via the food courts (not just that creamer stuff). Same goes for milk for cereals for breakfast - to be honest, I've always thought they should provide that anyway rather than asking guests to buy a whole carton of milk to put on their cornflakes.

Andre

I'm staying at pop century in about 3 and a half weeks. I called disney twice and got the same answer. They said they will only be exchanging out the affected refrigerators in unoccupied guest rooms. So, we still will have refrigerators. They said once a room is unoccupied they will switch it out before giving the room to another guest. I sure hope that's true. If it's not i'll be a bit annoyed that disney didn't let me know ahead of time. I expect the room to have what it includes and everything to be functioning. I buy milk for cereal in the room for breakfast. I also like my bottled water cold in the heat of summer!

Ok, that is truly disgusting. We don't know what people have put in those trash cans.:crazy2:

I know it. But that has been suggested here. I won't use ice buckets either. I have heard of people using them to catch vomit when someone in the room is sick. Shudder! :sick:

Quite the coincidence that on the same day they released their annual room rate fleecing of guests, I mean rate increase (some of them outrageous), they also announce that an amenity will be briefly unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter