• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

I was “practicing” this morning and was surprised to get through to the “select your group” page repeatedly until just before 7:01. Usually I get through once using world clock and by the time I go back and then hit join again a couple of seconds later it tells me the 7 am BGs are full.

when thinking about return times, is it safe to assume that, on average, the ride processes about 12 groups per hour?
That may be average but realize that it doesn’t always hold. Both days we went the ride was having issues. The first day we had BG 105 and we were called at 7pm. The second day we had BG 45 and we were called at 3 pm. The ride was down most of the morning both days.

I'm not quite visualizing the difference in the Join screens as of today's change. Hopefully someone can post a new screen recording of a successful BG grab soon, since we can no longer "practice" as before.

I'll be interested to see how the addition of the Remy VQ will affect things. It seems the Disneyland VQ screens have now changed to separate tabs for DCA's WS and DL's ROTR, where you need to ensure you are selecting the correct tab in order to get the BG you want in each of the two parks. That seems like it could slow you down just enough to lose out at the 7AM drop. Haven't seen it myself as I don't currently have the DL app downloaded.

So many changes to deal with all at once for upcoming trips. Yikes!

I'm not quite visualizing the difference in the Join screens as of today's change. Hopefully someone can post a new screen recording of a successful BG grab soon, since we can no longer "practice" as before.

I'll be interested to see how the addition of the Remy VQ will affect things. It seems the Disneyland VQ screens have now changed to separate tabs for DCA's WS and DL's ROTR, where you need to ensure you are selecting the correct tab in order to get the BG you want in each of the two parks. That seems like it could slow you down just enough to lose out at the 7AM drop. Haven't seen it myself as I don't currently have the DL app downloaded.

So many changes to deal with all at once for upcoming trips. Yikes!

DL app does have it tabbed, and yes, it will shave off a couple of seconds on loading if it's not the 'top' page. It depends on whether or not they have Rise be the page that loads first. I hope they will as I expect Rat to have a higher capacity and maybe the VQ might last a bit longer like Webslingers does at DL. If that's the case it won't change much for rise except that the AT AT will be gone and you'll end up on the Join virtual queue page that you see if you join though the My Queues screen instead.

You'll see the second park tab on the screenshot I attached. And one is the virtual queue page you'll start from.

Of course the Genie feature could end up redesigning all of this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210826-130204_Disneyland.jpg
    Screenshot_20210826-130204_Disneyland.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20210826-131338_Disneyland.jpg
    Screenshot_20210826-131338_Disneyland.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20210826-131344_Disneyland.jpg
    Screenshot_20210826-131344_Disneyland.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 59
DL app does have it tabbed, and yes, it will shave off a couple of seconds on loading if it's not the 'top' page. It depends on whether or not they have Rise be the page that loads first. I hope they will as I expect Rat to have a higher capacity and maybe the VQ might last a bit longer like Webslingers does at DL. If that's the case it won't change much for rise except that the AT AT will be gone and you'll end up on the Join virtual queue page that you see if you join though the My Queues screen instead.

You'll see the second park tab on the screenshot I attached. And one is the virtual queue page you'll start from.

Thank you for this!

If that's the case it won't change much for rise except that the AT AT will be gone and you'll end up on the Join virtual queue page that you see if you join though the My Queues screen instead.
Fyi, the DL app does still have the join VQ option on the main page, it's just generic rather than the ATAT picture.

Screenshot_20210826-123244.png

But it's the same functionality as the ATAT join button.

When I was getting ready to join for Web Slingers, I started on the RotR tab and when 7am hit, I clicked over to the web slingers tab. I prefer that to refreshing, but either way works.

Fyi, the DL app does still have the join VQ option on the main page, it's just generic rather than the ATAT picture.

View attachment 599970

But it's the same functionality as the ATAT join button.

When I was getting ready to join for Web Slingers, I started on the RotR tab and when 7am hit, I clicked over to the web slingers tab. I prefer that to refreshing, but either way works.
Right. It goes to the My Queues page to join rather than straight to the Rise join button like the AT AT does now. Faster to do it your way and sit on the tabbed page if Rise isn't the first to load. Otherwise, you could still wait on the My Queues page to join.

I have a trip in October so I'm being proactive in preparing a strategy, but with my luck, they'll change everythng with genie.

Right. It goes to the My Queues page to join rather than straight to the Rise join button like the AT AT does now. Faster to do it your way and sit on the tabbed page if Rise isn't the first to load. Otherwise, you could still wait on the My Queues page to join.

I have a trip in October so I'm being proactive in preparing a strategy, but with my luck, they'll change everythng with genie.
Interesting. Mine goes to RotR tab in the DLapp. Oh well.

Yeah, with all the changes coming up, ratatouille opening, genie app, and the new way the app looks for reservations, it'll be difficult to know ahead of time what you'll need to do when you get there. Good luck! And enjoy your trip

Thank you for sharing the screenshots. I do think the Genie interface will change things up. I'll still have about 3 weeks to see how things are panning out. I feel bad for the folks who will be the true guinea pigs on day one of Genie.

I have an issue that maybe most people don't have an issue with currently (especially since APs haven't been available for a while). I just picked up my Magic Key yesterday and plan to visit tomorrow after work. I would typically go after work showing up to the park at 6pm or so and just visit until closing.

My problem came about when I realized this will make it VERY difficult to ride ROTR. Since I will only be able to check into the 7am boarding group and hope that my group isn't called before I arrive that evening.

Does anyone have a strategy for something like this? Arriving to the park late and still trying to get a boarding group that will work?

I have an issue that maybe most people don't have an issue with currently (especially since APs haven't been available for a while). I just picked up my Magic Key yesterday and plan to visit tomorrow after work. I would typically go after work showing up to the park at 6pm or so and just visit until closing.

My problem came about when I realized this will make it VERY difficult to ride ROTR. Since I will only be able to check into the 7am boarding group and hope that my group isn't called before I arrive that evening.

Does anyone have a strategy for something like this? Arriving to the park late and still trying to get a boarding group that will work?
You're on the WDW thread but it sounds like you're referring to DL(magic key), is that correct? I was at DL beginning of the month. They don't care when you return. I was called at 1130am and showed up at 730pm. No questions asked.

DL RotR thread is here if you have more questions:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...poilers-please-please-read-posts-1-3.3794369/

Last edited:
You're on the WDW thread but it sounds like you're referring to DL(magic key), is that correct? I was at DL beginning of the month. They don't care when you return. I was called at 1130am and showed up at 730pm. No questions asked.

My bad, didn't even realize there was a separate thread for DL (it's not super obvious even looking back at it now). But yeah that mostly answers my question if I can just show up anytime. I check in with the DL thread too just to confirm. Thank you!

I haven’t read all 45 pages, but if I try at 7am and do not get a BG, can I then still modify my park reservation and go to MK for the day instead? Or would I have to wait to go until hop time at 2pm?

@Bon1423 maybe not MK but another park due to availability.

HS and MK may have all park reservations booked on your day. If you miss at 7 AM you can always try again at 1 PM after you enter HS.

Dave

I tried at home - I hit join, then join, and reached a page that said "None of your party members are eligible to join at this time" and the Join button was grayed out. Is there something I need to do in my Party settings or something?

I tried at home - I hit join, then join, and reached a page that said "None of your party members are eligible to join at this time" and the Join button was grayed out. Is there something I need to do in my Party settings or something?
The process has changed recently, this week I believe. It will now only show members of your list that have a reservation for that day, so not really a way to do the full practice anymore

just know that the final join button will be at the bottom of that last page you see where it says none are eligible to join

We have updated Post 1 with the information shared here about the new look of the screens for those who previously 'practiced' at home. It could still be beneficial to get the feel of the screens we can see and go as far as possible but no longer can guests without a park reservation get to the final screen.

Thank you to all of you who have shared your experiences here which allows us to keep post 1 as current as possible.

I'm going with three families and each family has one MDE account and studios tickets for the same day. Per what I read on the first post I need to have them all linked to me so that I can try for a boarding pass at 7 am for all of us. Is this how it should look on my account (I'm the party planner Catlin)?

Attachments

• planning party .png
    planning party .png
    130 KB · Views: 17
I'm going with three families and each family has one MDE account and studios tickets for the same day. Per what I read on the first post I need to have them all linked to me so that I can try for a boarding pass at 7 am for all of us. Is this how it should look on my account (I'm the party planner Catlin)?
Looks good for you, but it would likely be better if more than one person could try. You could have several people log into your MDE account just before 7 AM, or if everyone is linked to everyone else in the other families’ accounts then they could all log into their own accounts to try for a BG. In December we had 6 people logged into 4 MDE accounts, and 2 different people got our BGs on the two days we tried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter