Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

Last time we were at WDW, there were no virtual queues. And, surprisingly, I'm having trouble finding information on how they work. Can the masses here educate me?
The only virtual queue presently in use at WDW is for Rise of the Resistance. Post 1 of this thread explains in great detail how to get a Boarding Group (BG).

How boarding groups (aka virtual queues) works is that when you are successful getting a BG you are placed in a virtual ‘line’ for the ride. Your BG assignment is visible on your MyDisneyExperience app along with an anticipated number of minutes before your BG is called.

You go about your day in the park as normal, occasionally checking to see what BGs have been called. You will receive a push notification when it is your turn to ride. At that time you go to the ride, scan in and get in line to ride. You will have - hour from the time your BG is called to get to the ride and scan in at the entrance.

Hope this helps.

flight landed at 10:30AM yesterday.
Room at GDT was surprisingly ready when we were on ME.
1:20 buss to MK. Grabbed lunch and did HM. Realized there were still boarding groups for RotR so hopped over to Hollywood.Did Slinky, Smugglers Run, Rockin and Railway along with RotR.Bussed over to Disney Springs for a drink and some snacks.
Crowd levels were low but not empty. Mask levels were good, not perfect.
On the bus to HS now…

Yesterday @Devil13 was able to park hop from MK to DHS and ride RotR!!

Above quote from the Here Now, Just Back Thread.

I’m not in the parks now but I noticed something odd perhaps? At about 7:30 disney time, BG from the AT-AT screen said you has to be in line to get a BG. Now at 7:50 it says that all BG have been assigned.
I wonder if that language about needing to be in line is an indication that BG are still available?

With the recent drop in crowds and lower ride lines, has it still been really hard in the last week to get a boarding group at 7 am? We are flying down today and will be at DHS tomorrow. Hoping to get a boarding group when they release at 7 am so we can ride earlier in the day rather than later.

I got a boarding group yesterday at 4PM! All week boarding groups have been very easy to get, most days even in the middle of the day you have been able to get one. One day last week they even let people just walk on without boarding groups.
As far as the 7am one, I haven’t had any trouble getting that either and last time we were here I couldn’t.

I was able to get one at 7am this morning, despite a glitch of it picking up someone without a HS park pass that took me a second to correct. I thought I was done after that, but got BG93. They seem to be very slow loading today, or there have been quite a few breakdowns because my expected return time isn't until around 3pm (at 7am it was saying 1pm).

We got one at 7 am a couple weeks ago. Seems like DHS was much more crowded at the time we were there. The ride broke down twice in the process of trying to board, but we finally made it on. I've heard these boarding passes go in the first 10-15 seconds after they open up at 7 am and 1 pm. Best to turn off the wi-fi and close other apps so the phone will load quicker. We got BP #56, so in a matter of a couple seconds, 55 BP's were given out before ours. :scratchin If you have a BP and the ride breaks down, they honor it anytime of the day, not just when your group is called. That's what we experienced ;)

While I don't love the 2 BGs in a day, but if BGs aren't close to filling up at 1pm and even park hoppers are able to grab them after 2pm, then I guess why not people who got one in the morning. I'm just hoping that the 1pm BGs are still easy to get in 3 weeks so I don't have to stress at 7am.

With the recent drop in crowds and lower ride lines, has it still been really hard in the last week to get a boarding group at 7 am? We are flying down today and will be at DHS tomorrow. Hoping to get a boarding group when they release at 7 am so we can ride earlier in the day rather than later.

Wednesday 8/18 we got BG 6 at 7am
Saturday 8/21 we got BG 2 at 7am, which was really lucky because we were only at the park until 11am...

Has anyone done this?

Not to worry. Guests who would like to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney's Hollywood Studios, but cannot join a Boarding Group through a smartphone, may try to do so by visiting a Guest Experience Team kiosk. This Planning Your Visit to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge page explains this and more. Just scroll down to "Getting In and Making Reservations", then click on "Read More" under "Experiencing Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance".

To locate a Guest Experience Team kiosk, check a park map. On this link to Disney's Hollywood Studios, scroll down to the map at the bottom of the page, then enlarge so that you can see all of the icons close to the park entrance. Locate Hollywood Boulevard, then drag that map just a bit to the top, and locate the shopping bag icon for Keystone Clothiers; the left, and a little down from there, you'll see a patch of grass with another icon. This one is where the Guest Experience Team will be located to assist you. Of course, this location is subject to change, so be sure to check the map again prior to arrival and ask a Cast Member to direct you once inside the park that morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter