Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

Sounds possibly like a new glitch. Because no other reports of this.
We had the error this morning using wifi on iPhones. Once I saw this post, we turned off wifi and we could at least see the queue message to try again at 1pm. Thankfully we have another HS day on our trip so we will turn off wifi next time.

We had the error this morning using wifi on iPhones. Once I saw this post, we turned off wifi and we could at least see the queue message to try again at 1pm. Thankfully we have another HS day on our trip so we will turn off wifi next time.
Something else that can throw things off is to turn off VPN if you're using that. Hopefully 1PM is good to you!

Reactions: tnd
Looks like there are still BG's available right now!

Thanks all, we did get one but it probably conflicts with our dinner at California Grill. We may just try coming back after dinner, or Thursday.

Anecdotally,we were in HS at 1pm but had no WiFi and it worked fine.

it probably conflicts with our dinner at California Grill. We may just try coming back after dinner, or Thursday.
They're more likely to let you in after dinner at CG, since you had an ADR for it, than they are to let you in on Thursday unless you get a new BG that day.

I see the official Disney site says having multiple members of your group try for a BG at the same time can affect your ability to secure one, and I understand from this thread that this is just not true. What I am struggling with is whether I should have everyone get their own group with their own MDE login (which I presume they will all want to do to be able to play games, etc.) or if it is better (and easier) that they all login to my MDE account and we all try from the same account. If the former, would they each then need to link the entire group (and if so, can a person be assigned to multiple groups at once)?

I see the official Disney site says having multiple members of your group try for a BG at the same time can affect your ability to secure one, and I understand from this thread that this is just not true. What I am struggling with is whether I should have everyone get their own group with their own MDE login (which I presume they will all want to do to be able to play games, etc.) or if it is better (and easier) that they all login to my MDE account and we all try from the same account. If the former, would they each then need to link the entire group (and if so, can a person be assigned to multiple groups at once)?
If several MDE accounts are being used to try for a BG for a group, then everyone in that group must be listed in the F&F lists of everyone else in that group and all permissions to make and share plans in all directions must be granted. An individual person can be listed as F&F in multiple MDE accounts but only one account will be designated as the one "managing" that person. For example, our son has an MDE account and our daughter in law and grandsons are managed by his MDE account and linked to me in my F&F list. I manage my sister, who's listed in my F&F list, and she's also listed as F&F in our son's MDE.

CMs told us this too.... I hear it both ways.
We decided to have different accounts linked together instead of the same account just in case.

If several MDE accounts are being used to try for a BG for a group, then everyone in that group must be listed in the F&F lists of everyone else in that group and all permissions to make and share plans in all directions must be granted. An individual person can be listed as F&F in multiple MDE accounts but only one account will be designated as the one "managing" that person. For example, our son has an MDE account and our daughter in law and grandsons are managed by his MDE account and linked to me in my F&F list. I manage my sister, who's listed in my F&F list, and she's also listed as F&F in our son's MDE.
OK, I think I got it. But you do not need to manage an account to get a BG for the person - they just need to be in your F&F list (and have park ticket and reservation), right? I just set it up so my wife and I each have our own accounts, so presumably we manage our own accounts. But since I set up my kids accounts, only I can manage that I assume.

OK, I think I got it. But you do not need to manage an account to get a BG for the person - they just need to be in your F&F list (and have park ticket and reservation), right? I just set it up so my wife and I each have our own accounts, so presumably we manage our own accounts. But since I set up my kids accounts, only I can manage that I assume.
Correct, as long as you have that person in your F&F list and have permission to plan and share with them, you’re good! Your wife needs to have your kids in her F&F too, in order to get a BG for them via her MDE account.

We are going to DW for 5 nights May 2022. We are a party of 6. I'm planning my park days. We will have 4 full and one partial day (arrival day) in the parks. How hard is it to get a boarding group? I'd really hate to miss out. The current plan is to be in DHS on a Wednesday which is our second full day in the parks.

We are going to DW for 5 nights May 2022. We are a party of 6. I'm planning my park days. We will have 4 full and one partial day (arrival day) in the parks. How hard is it to get a boarding group? I'd really hate to miss out. The current plan is to be in DHS on a Wednesday which is our second full day in the parks.
By then you will be able to buy your way on.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/disn...ion-of-fastpass-with-pay-per-ride-options.htm

Genie+ will be available at Walt Disney World for $15 per person per day, and will include access to the Lightning Lane (previously the FastPass line), for one attraction at a time, with a designated arrival time. In addition, top tier attractions not included in Genie+ will be available for individual purchase at a price not yet announced. We understand from various sources that Disney will be asking between $4 and $24 per person, per ride, depending on the category of attraction.

We had 3 days in HS the last couple weeks and got a boarding group every time- 25, 32 and 39. Other than needing fast fingers- we found it way less hard than I was anticipating. But every day I heard people saying they couldn't get one. Maybe we were just lucky. We were also a party of 6.

Y
By then you will be able to buy your way on.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/disn...ion-of-fastpass-with-pay-per-ride-options.htm

Genie+ will be available at Walt Disney World for $15 per person per day, and will include access to the Lightning Lane (previously the FastPass line), for one attraction at a time, with a designated arrival time. In addition, top tier attractions not included in Genie+ will be available for individual purchase at a price not yet announced. We understand from various sources that Disney will be asking between $4 and $24 per person, per ride, depending on the category of attraction.
you might be right

Whether it will be difficult, easy, or different 9 months from now is impossible to say.

I’d see how things unfold over the next 6-8 months before you give this another thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter