• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

The best recommendation is using the SpeedTest app - actual name - and testing your connection speed for both WiFi and data about 10 minutes before and going with whichever is faster.

some have better luck with data, others do better with wifi
You don't have to use the app, you can use your phone's browser and go to https://www.speedtest.net/ . No need to take up space on your phone with another app when the website will give you the same capability.

My question is: does everyone in our party have to have a unique log in to my Disney experience before each of us try to get a boarding pass to ROTR? Or if we use one person’s log in for all our phones, will that slow us down?

Thank you for your reply.

My question is: does everyone in our party have to have a unique log in to my Disney experience before each of us try to get a boarding pass to ROTR? Or if we use one person’s log in for all our phones, will that slow us down?

No- one person can do it for everyone as long as everyone is part of the same MDE account

I've heard of many people using just one account on a few devices. I don't know if there would be a difference between 3 people using one account vs 20 or something though.

What is the current recommendation - wifi or data? My practice runs from home have all been successfull.....we get the "no park reservation" message.

We will be staying at the Yacht Club, and our cell service is with Verizon.

Thanks!
There is a wifi tower right next to the quiet pool at the YC. So if your room is anywhere near there, then you should find that the Disney wifi is very good. But it is always best to run a speed test to be sure. We also had good luck getting a BG at 1pm using wifi when we were at the main pool. :)

There is a wifi tower right next to the quiet pool at the YC. So if your room is anywhere near there, then you should find that the Disney wifi is very good. But it is always best to run a speed test to be sure. We also had good luck getting a BG at 1pm using wifi when we were at the main pool. :)

I have been watching and seeing very positive reports from guests at YC/BC ..... we will have 3 adults trying, so I think we will do 2 wifi 1 verizon on our first attempt...if we aren't successfull, we will switch it up to the reverse. This thread is so helpful!

The fact that it includes everyone else with Park Reservations automatically is fantastic. That always was a serious slow down as I have about 20 people who I have upcoming plans with later in the year :(
Great info and update - did RotR in Dec 2019 and Feb 2020, so thanks so much for the updated information! Will be hitting HS on Oct 2 and Oct 5. Seriously looking forward to trying to join the queue from the room and not be in line at HS for 2 hours before park open!

As for the Wi-Fi vs Cellular - I think that has to do more with 'in Park' vs 'outside Park'. The in Park Wi-fi for HS is slammed with everyone using it at the exact same time. While your resort or off-site Wi-fi is not seeing the same traffic levels. So I'd guess if you're in HS Cellular is still better, while outside Wi-Fi is going to be faster.

Last edited:
No- one person can do it for everyone as long as everyone is part of the same MDE account
Not sure this answered the question. I have the same question. I have an account with all my family members linked up. To increase our chances, I want each of the family members to also try at 7am. Do they login to my account too? Or do they each need to have their own account?

Not sure this answered the question. I have the same question. I have an account with all my family members linked up. To increase our chances, I want each of the family members to also try at 7am. Do they login to my account too? Or do they each need to have their own account?
They can all log into your account.

Random and I may have asked this on this thread or another, but in our MDE we have multiple people who have gone with us prior-it will only select the people with a park reservation yes? Also we can delete people from our MDE correct (very long story but make sure you know how family friends vacation before you invite them/respond to their question of can they come or not)

Random and I may have asked this on this thread or another, but in our MDE we have multiple people who have gone with us prior-it will only select the people with a park reservation yes?
Yes - from post 1: -All members of your MDE friends and family who have a park reservation for Disney's Hollywood Studios for that day, should automatically show up while you are hitting join. If you stop to click and unclick people, you most likely will not get a BG.

Also we can delete people from our MDE correct (very long story but make sure you know how family friends vacation before you invite them/respond to their question of can they come or not)
Sure, you can do that. But it's not necessary.

I wanted to say thank you to everyone in this thread for all the tips! It worked perfectly and boarding group 18 was called a bit after 10, which worked out well for our 11am droid depot appointment. We loved the ride! It really felt special and unlike any other theme park experience out there.

Thanks. Daughter and I tried again just now for the 1:00 and both got “is everyone here” this time. I did it on cellular and she did on home WiFi. I guess this isn’t quite as hard as I thought but if it goes south on day-of I’ll probably not be too happy lol. Definitely had to select all each time though.

Failed at 7:00 window, didn’t do anything different except everyone was preselected. Calls into question for me how effective practicing is. Most unhappy.

Failed at 7:00 window, didn’t do anything different except everyone was preselected. Calls into question for me how effective practicing is. Most unhappy.
I'm sorry! That is so disappointing :sad1:

Please don't despair, though. Several times when I missed out at 7 AM, I was able to score a BG at 1 PM so give it another shot. Fingers crossed you have better results to report this afternoon!

I’m no longer convinced that practice and getting to “the screen” means you would have definitely gotten a boarding pass. Maybe if you actually could get them from home, lol, but it doesn’t translate to being onsite with more people, different wi-fi and cellular, etc. However, I do think practice helps so that you know what and when to hit, know not to stop and read or select/deselect, where the buttons will be, etc…. So a few practices help, I don’t think every day for weeks like I did (well, quite a while at least) helps more than just until you get comfortable.

when I was at RIV speeds were nothing like at my house, pages didn’t load the same, and we even had a glitch twice I have never heard or read about. But at least I knew what to do and expect and knew some alternatives in case the at-at screen decided to not show up that moment, or another odd event happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter