Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

on our upcoming trip, two accounts will be trying for a BG for a group of 13 of us. 5 of our group will be in Orlando and the other 8 will be in transit--they don't arrive into MCO until about 9 (and park opens at 9) i'm hoping that we 1. can get a BG and 2. a return time that is a bit later

the last time we were there we were BG 11 i think (or maybe 9) can't remember but it was relatively low and i remember us outside of ToT to get the group--when that was still a thing--we went immediately over to RnRC once we got the confirmed BG and as soon as we got off that, which definitely wasn't too long, we were able to get over to ROTR.

its such a game of chance but for a few of us, that is our only day to get on Rise whereas the 8 that will be meeting us there will have a second chance later in the week. I really don't want to 'take up space' if the rest of our party doesn't get to the park in time and there goes one or two families who could've had a chance to ride it. but i also don't want to 'waste' time unclicking 8 family members when trying for the BG.

this all is also dependant on getting a a BG And not getting a super early one (who would've thought!)

i'm going to assume that no one has had an experience where there return time wasn't achievable and they could show up a little bit later? that would defeat the purpose..huh.

on our upcoming trip, two accounts will be trying for a BG for a group of 13 of us. 5 of our group will be in Orlando and the other 8 will be in transit--they don't arrive into MCO until about 9 (and park opens at 9) i'm hoping that we 1. can get a BG and 2. a return time that is a bit later

the last time we were there we were BG 11 i think (or maybe 9) can't remember but it was relatively low and i remember us outside of ToT to get the group--when that was still a thing--we went immediately over to RnRC once we got the confirmed BG and as soon as we got off that, which definitely wasn't too long, we were able to get over to ROTR.

its such a game of chance but for a few of us, that is our only day to get on Rise whereas the 8 that will be meeting us there will have a second chance later in the week. I really don't want to 'take up space' if the rest of our party doesn't get to the park in time and there goes one or two families who could've had a chance to ride it. but i also don't want to 'waste' time unclicking 8 family members when trying for the BG.

this all is also dependant on getting a a BG And not getting a super early one (who would've thought!)

i'm going to assume that no one has had an experience where there return time wasn't achievable and they could show up a little bit later? that would defeat the purpose..huh.
There are multiple reports of people who were late due to ADRs and other reasons and were allowed to ride, so if the rest of your party arrives after your window, it won't hurt to go through the BG line until you reach the CMs at the entrance and then explain why you're late and ask politely if you could still ride.

If you don’t have a magic band and your tickets are attached via Apple Wallet, can you use your phone to tap in when your BG is called, or do you need the actual hard ticket?

If you stop to do this at 7 AM you will miss getting a BG. There is no time for any delays in clicking Join.

Dave

oh 10000% that's why i'm like..i will either get a BG for all 13 of us or miss the BG for all 13 of us. i definitely wouldn't take the time to unclick.
but in the event that the rest of our group doesn't make it in time i would feel bad that 8 'spots' were wasted that could've been given to other families.

but this is all hypotheticals because we still need to get the dang BG!!

oh 10000% that's why i'm like..i will either get a BG for all 13 of us or miss the BG for all 13 of us. i definitely wouldn't take the time to unclick.
but in the event that the rest of our group doesn't make it in time i would feel bad that 8 'spots' were wasted that could've been given to other families.

but this is all hypotheticals because we still need to get the dang BG!!

I wouldn’t worry about wasting spots. It just means 8 people in a standby BG will be able to get on later.

Sitting at the airport and used the tricks here on the forum. Capacity full literally as soon as it turned 7. ☹️

Sitting at the airport and used the tricks here on the forum. Capacity full literally as soon as it turned 7. ☹️
Were the people in your party with reservations today pre-selected?

Hopefully 1PM is better for you if you’re tapped into the park by then.

Were the people in your party with reservations today pre-selected?

Hopefully 1PM is better for you if you’re tapped into the park by then.
Yes my party was preselected. We’re going back mid week, hopefully I’ll get lucky. I’m thinking it’s the weekend that’s why. Arriving today so maybe I’ll just end up going to a different park if the kids are up to it otherwise I can save the park day and
try again the day we checkout.

So this morning, the last stay of our trip, we were actually staying off site. When I tried to get a boarding group at 7am, I got a “there are no virtual queues available” message. Went back and forth a couple of times and got the same thing. I was on the Wi-Fi at the house we were staying at (very good signal). I decided to turn off Wi-Fi and got to the no more boarding groups available. Turned the Wi-Fi back on and again got the “there are no virtual queues available”. I had always heard to not be on Wi-Fi, but I thought that was because the Disney Wi-Fi is horrible and 1000s of people would be on it, but apparently if you are on Wi-Fi at all (unless maybe if you are actually in the park) it doesn’t work. This may be known, but it was not clear to me from the posts I’ve read.

Yes my party was preselected. We’re going back mid week, hopefully I’ll get lucky. I’m thinking it’s the weekend that’s why. Arriving today so maybe I’ll just end up going to a different park if the kids are up to it otherwise I can save the park day and
try again the day we checkout.
I hope things go better for you mid-week.

Thanks for the update that your party was pre-selected even though you were out of state at the time. This information helps greatly!!

Have an amazing trip!!
So this morning, the last stay of our trip, we were actually staying off site. When I tried to get a boarding group at 7am, I got a “there are no virtual queues available” message. Went back and forth a couple of times and got the same thing. I was on the Wi-Fi at the house we were staying at (very good signal). I decided to turn off Wi-Fi and got to the no more boarding groups available. Turned the Wi-Fi back on and again got the “there are no virtual queues available”. I had always heard to not be on Wi-Fi, but I thought that was because the Disney Wi-Fi is horrible and 1000s of people would be on it, but apparently if you are on Wi-Fi at all (unless maybe if you are actually in the park) it doesn’t work. This may be known, but it was not clear to me from the posts I’ve read.
Sorry but this is incorrect. WiFi has proven successful for many people at Disney resorts and elsewhere.

There are many guests who do not have data (especially International visitors) who only have WiFi and have been successful getting BGs.

Sorry but this is incorrect. WiFi has proven successful for many people at Disney resorts and elsewhere.

There are many guests who do not have data (especially International visitors) who only have WiFi and have been successful getting BGs.

Maybe something has changed, cause my evidence is fairly compelling. Wi-Fi on, no virtual queues found (several times), Wi-Fi off, virtual groups found but all full, Wi-Fi back on, no virtual queues found (several times).

Maybe it’s an on site off site thing.

Through all my test runs and real queues while here, this is the ONLY time I’ve seen the no virtual queues available, and it is also the only time I was on Wi-Fi.

Last edited:
Maybe something has changed, cause my evidence is fairly compelling. Wi-Fi on, no virtual queues found (several times), Wi-Fi off, virtual groups found but all full, Wi-Fi back on, no virtual queues found (several times).

Maybe it’s an on site off site thing.

Through all my test runs and real queues while here, this is the ONLY time I’ve seen the no virtual queues available, and it is also the only time I was on Wi-Fi.
I'm thinking this sounds more like a very strange anomaly. I totally believe what you are saying happened, I just think it might be an isolated incident. Very weird, for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter