Temperature on deck in the summer

elgerber

DIS Veteran
We are cruising in 3 weeks on the Dream. I know it will be stinkin' hot in Nassau and on CC, but how is the temp on deck on the ship when we are at sea? If you are not in the sun? Still tank top weather, or are t-shirts good?

Thanks!!

I wore a tank top every day. On our cruise it was low 80's and cloudy every day which made it perfect IMO. If it wasn't cloudy, I would have been cookin' on deck. (this was early June). Perhaps other people have opinions on later during the summer.

We are cruising in 3 weeks on the Dream. I know it will be stinkin' hot in Nassau and on CC, but how is the temp on deck on the ship when we are at sea? If you are not in the sun? Still tank top weather, or are t-shirts good?

Thanks!!
The Out-door decks are primarily painted metal, so those decks get HOT! And all that heat goes up to you. But them temps on the outer decks will be similar to those of Nassau and castaway cay. Inside is very cool usually, and the shade is still hot. HAVE A GREAT CRUISE! pirate:

It's pretty toasty. Always wear protective footwear as those decks get HOT. My DS refuses to wear flip-flops but bought himself a pair on the sea day because he couldn't take it anymore.

It's pretty toasty. Always wear protective footwear as those decks get HOT. My DS refuses to wear flip-flops but bought himself a pair on the sea day because he couldn't take it anymore.

We've sailed on the Wonder twice in August and let me tell you, the deck around the pool is dangerously hot! I cannot imagine that people do not have burns on their feet after walking on that without shoes. I started taking a towel over to the pool and wetting down the deck between our chairs and the pool. It was really, really, bad. There really should be some kind of misting device on the deck when the sun is out. I cannot stress how hot that deck is!

As for clothing, there is always a nice breeze if the ship is sailing. If you want a wicked breeze go all the way forward on the outside decks!

This past Thursday, it was 103 on deck 11. Best advice, wear flip flops or crocs, (especially between the chairs and the pools) the decks are so hot you can end up with a serious burn. It was so hot on sea day, we avoided the pools and did inside activites in the A/C to beat the heat and crowds.

Think "Hades" and then add a few degrees. My feet are still somewhat blistered one month after getting off the ship. But I still had a great time - can't wait to go back. And I will wear flip flops EVERYWHERE I go on deck!

just off the dream and boy oh boy was it super hot on deck! I took my flip flops off for two seconds and it was unbelievable!

I guess I was taken a bit too literally LOL, I always plan to wear shoes, I was just wondering about tanks versus t-shirts when the ship is moving. But hot seems to be the answer thanks.

It is hot! I wore summer dresses every day and just had a s/s cardi with me for when I was indoors.

Are water shoes ok? I was going to have my DDs (4,3, &1) wear them if they were in the pool or at Nemo's Reef. I figured that the deck would be sizziling! I didn't want my babies to have bacon for feet!:rotfl:

Are water shoes ok? I was going to have my DDs (4,3, &1) wear them if they were in the pool or at Nemo's Reef. I figured that the deck would be sizziling! I didn't want my babies to have bacon for feet!:rotfl:

I would think water shoes would be a great idea for the little ones! Nemo's reef is great!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter