Temperature of dining rooms and appropriate attire

FamilyofTerpFans

Earning My Ears
First time cruiser here. Wondering if khaki shorts and polos will work for dinner for my husband and sons. Specifically: will such attire be appropriate and comfortable given the temperature in the dining rooms? And what is the temperature on board generally?

First time cruiser here. Wondering if khaki shorts and polos will work for dinner for my husband and sons. Specifically: will such attire be appropriate and comfortable given the temperature in the dining rooms? And what is the temperature on board generally?

Yes, my husband and DS wore polos and khaki shorts for most nights. I tend to get cold easily and brought a sweater for me and my DD if we got cold. I didn't need it most nights in the dining room and wore a sundress.

I don't know the temp on board as a whole, but I wore tanks and shorts and was fine for the day. I tended to be on the deck a lot though versus inside.

Have a fun trip!

Generally, I find the interior spaces (dining rooms, theatres, bars) onboard the ships I've been on to be a bit chilly. I usually take a sweater or light jacket to wear in the evening.

WE are a family of five (with three girls) and we always carry a sweater to dinner and the shows. Most nights we don't need it but I have really been cold after a day in the sun and require one. Honestly, we have early seating dinner and the kids like to go back to the room afterwards and change into their pajamas and grab their blankets and go to the show. That way, there isn't as much fussing when they are tired and want to just go to bed...already dressed is a bonus! Take a light sweater IMO!

My husband and son wear khakis and polo shirts to dinner and are fine. I wore a dress with sandals once our last cruise and froze. I had a sweater but my legs and feet were so cold. I always take a sweater when we go to restaurants, even when at home. The air conditioning is to cold for me.

My girls, 12 & 14, & I wore sundresses most evenings and never had the need for our sweaters that we carted with us. I couldn't even get the room cool enough at night. It just depends on your usual body temp, are you a cold person, or do you run hot? The girls would change out of their dresses after dinner, but into shorts & tees, I never saw sweaters leaving our room. Even the movie theater was on the warm side for me. Take the sweater night one,and then you'll know.

Great questions - I am always warm so I am glad to know it's cool in the dining rooms!

Part of it depends on where you're from. As a desert rat, I get cold very easily. A friend from a very cold climate thinks mid 70's are hot. It all depends on your frame of reference.

I'm from MN. I wore shorts pretty must every night, even the formal nights. My wife was 50-50 in shorts or jeans. Not a fan of dressing up. Never cold.

You will definitely want to bring a sweater for the movie theater. You may even want to wear long pants and socks as well. I made the mistake of wearing flip flops and capris, and towards the end of the movie I was practically frozen! Lucky for me, my husband gave up his sweatshirt and I was able to wrap it around my legs and feet. Brrr!

The temperature on board was cooler than I expected. I packed tank tops for my kids and both of them wanted t-shirts instead since it was cooler than I thought. Not frigid, but more like in the low 70s.

As for attire, you'll see just about anything in the MDRs. Khakis and polos will work just fine. :thumbsup2

Yes shorts are allowed ... why not just wear slacks.

OMG I've just turned into one of the "Clothes Snobs!!!"

Over the past 6 years I've seen the dress code relax so much...what's next bathing suits? Yes, you can wear shorts, but it depends a lot on each person. I know I would never wear shorts for dinner and especially not to Lumiere's or Tritons. I wore a dress every night and on semi-formal night I wore a semi-formal and on formal night ....a formal :D It's all about what you feel comfortable in I suppose. I just would hate to see the rules relaxed even more. I for one was very disappointed when they had changed the rules to allow shorts at dinner.

Over the past 6 years I've seen the dress code relax so much...what's next bathing suits?

Um.... Bad news. I've seen bathing suits in the MDRs. They were wearing those netting 'cover ups,' but bathing suits nonetheless. Awful dining attire :(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Have been on many, many Disney cruises, never a bathing suite in MDR.. Just sayin...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter