Telling our girls on Easter!

oopinkisfunoo

Mouseketeer
Our trip isn't until October, and we were going to wait until the morning of to tell them but it seems so far away I'm worried a friend or family member may slip and ruin the surprise.

I am having way too much fun by myself planning, and I really want them to be involved in figuring out outfits, Halloween costumes, dining, countdowns, etc so We decided to tell them on Easter.

I have a big Disney Princess bucket filled with all Disney themed items. I'm going to get some Disney balloons to tie to it and put their custom shirts that read "I"m going to Disney World!"

Just not sure yet if I should have some kind of egg hunt to find the bucket or if I should write a letter from Mickey or how I'm going to go about doing it but I am SO SO excited. This will be their first time going to WDW and they ask me EVERY day if we will ever go. I will be taking a video of the surprise!

:goofy::goofy::goofy:

What fun!!!

I bet the Easter Bunny could swing a Disney gift card or two. We get them for every occasion leading up to a trip. (In fact, I want to start this Easter for our summer 2014 trip.)

We are also planning an Easter surprise! We are going in August, and the kids know, but the surprise is for a three night cruise on the Dream in May - and they have NO idea!

My kids are a little old for egg hunts, well, the 12 year old will love it, the teens will probably roll an eye, but that's ok because when they get to the big egg at the end they'll feel really bad about that eye roll :rotfl:

Anyway, what I did was to make little photo books announcing the surprise, in a story format (they are in my Family-moon PTR in my sig line). I then found a giant plastic Easter egg at Michaels and the three little books (they are those little $1 photo albums you get Target or Michaels) will go in there, which will be the last egg on the hunt. I'll have riddles for them to follow, and I may or may not leave a few Disney items along the way (they are getting Disney GCs, some pins to trade, and I was thinking about a few pirate items since we will have a pirate night on the cruise...that will confuse them though, but we have done Pirate and Princess parties at the MK in the past, so maybe they'll think I have one planned).

I know how excited you are - I am about to burst from the anticipation of telling them! How old are your girls? And please come back and post the video!! I love watching those, and I can't believe I didn't think to video a surprise we did a number of years ago.

We are telling our boys on Easter, too!

I had dolls made for them- pirates that look like them, and have mickey on their shirts - and i'm going to strap an easter egg to each of their hands - and inside the egg will be one of 3 puzzle pieces that when put together will say "we're going to Disney World on May 5th!" -- so they have to "work together" to find out what it says.

i can not wait to tell them- it's been so hard to keep it from them - but they already talk about Disney every day - and i don't think i could handle more than a month of them REALLY talking about it and planning :) lol

We are also doing our reveal on Easter Sunday after dinner. The kids will do an egg hunt around the house. After they gather all the plastic eggs they will work together to open each egg to see what's inside. Some of the eggs will have pieces of paper inside and they have to put the papers in the right order to read "We are going back to Disney World!" The kids have the day after Easter off from school so we will spend that day making our countdown calendar. On the day after Easter we will be 50 days away from our trip which is a great number to start a countdown calendar with!

We are telling our son on Easter too - but we are leaving April 14! He thinks we are planning a trip for October.

We have little foam bunnies hidden around the house with clues on them - one leading to the next. The last bunny leads him to his chocolate basket from EB. There's a note in that basket surprising him with one last clue to a big Disney themed basket (Mickey with bunny ears, books, Peter Pan DVD, "I'm going to WDW" tshirt, countdown chain, etc) with a note from us surprising him.

My mom is coming to watch the hunt this year because we all know how excited he'll be and we can't wait to see the look on his face when he finds out.

We are telling our son on Easter too - but we are leaving April 14! He thinks we are planning a trip for October.

We have little foam bunnies hidden around the house with clues on them - one leading to the next. The last bunny leads him to his chocolate basket from EB. There's a note in that basket surprising him with one last clue to a big Disney themed basket (Mickey with bunny ears, books, Peter Pan DVD, "I'm going to WDW" tshirt, countdown chain, etc) with a note from us surprising him.

My mom is coming to watch the hunt this year because we all know how excited he'll be and we can't wait to see the look on his face when he finds out.

Love it!

We are telling our kids on Easter, too! This was a last minute trip, so I had originally wanted to just throw them in the car and take off to the airport - SURPRISE!! But, too many of my family members know we are going and someone is sure to blab. So...next obvious choice was to do a hunt on easter, with little papers in each of the eggs to spell out "We're going to Disney World!". They will still be surprised. Can't wait!:)

We are telling our boys on Easter, too!

I had dolls made for them- pirates that look like them, and have mickey on their shirts - and i'm going to strap an easter egg to each of their hands - and inside the egg will be one of 3 puzzle pieces that when put together will say "we're going to Disney World on May 5th!" -- so they have to "work together" to find out what it says.

What a fun idea? Where did you get the Dolla made?

We are surprising our girls on Easter too. We are leaving April 12 so not much time for them to countdown. I love seeing everyone 's ideas! I am putting Disney balloons in a box at the end of a scavenger hunt. Also in the box will be three envelopes with a note from each girls favorite princess. I can't wait for the surprise!!!

How did everyone's reveal go? Ours was awesome! DS7 was super surprised and is very excited!

How did everyone's reveal go? Ours was awesome! DS7 was super surprised and is very excited!

Woohoo!!!! I am impatiently waiting! My two older boys would sleep til noon if I let them. We told them they had to be in the living room at 9 for Easter egg hunt festivities (this was after sitting through the three hour Easter Vigil Mass last night lol). But they are thinking they now have to wake up early for chocolate and jelly beans. Can't wait until they get their surprise...they are going to flip out!!

Our surprise was great! The boys got into following the clues and were in total shock when they found out we were going!! And I got a surprise too! DW bought me the Pandora charm bracelet I've been wanting with two charms (a pave ball and an elephant because I love elephants, we went to Africa on our honeymoon and I'm running a 5k in a few weeks in support of elephant conservation). It was a great morning!!

Our surprise was great! The boys got into following the clues and were in total shock when they found out we were going!! And I got a surprise too! DW bought me the Pandora charm bracelet I've been wanting with two charms (a pave ball and an elephant because I love elephants, we went to Africa on our honeymoon and I'm running a 5k in a few weeks in support of elephant conservation). It was a great morning!!

Nice! I love surprises!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter