• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell tale signs...

--DW and I noticed we attend movies ("Best Exotic Marigold Hotel", "I'll See You In My Dreams," etc.) where we're the youngest people in the audience.

--One of our favorite Pandora stations is the Dean Martin station.

--We just booked our first river cruise for next spring.

We semi-jokingly call it "skewing older."

limping because my joints hurt

going back to the room in the middle of the day for a rest at WDW and DLR

--DW and I noticed we attend movies ("Best Exotic Marigold Hotel", "I'll See You In My Dreams," etc.) where we're the youngest people in the audience.

--One of our favorite Pandora stations is the Dean Martin station.

--We just booked our first river cruise for next spring.

We semi-jokingly call it "skewing older."

The Dean Martin doesn't mean you are getting old. It means you have great taste!! My 21 yr old LOVES Dean. Aside from Elvis, he is her all time favorite. She says his voice is like deep blue velvet :)

---crocheted things everywhere
---your knees and other joints sounding off like rapid gun fire
---picking shoes for comfort over style
---realizing that you find the older gray haired guy more attractive that the younger guy on the tv show/movie you are watching. This one caught me by surprise the other day :)

Your kids refer to your celebrity crush as the old fart. (its Richard Gere)

Your grandkids find all the senior discounts for you.

The teachers they think are so old, you went to high school with.

They are amazed that you saw all the classic movies in an actual movie theater when they came out. I once told a group of college kids I saw Blazing Saddles on a date and they couldn't believe it.

The point at which you are no longer just working with people who are younger than you, you are also working with people whose parents are younger than you are.
Tied with:
The point at which your boss wasn't alive yet when you started in your job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter