Tell me yuor best makeup to wear in high humidity?

tinksgilrs251520

I want to be at WDW
Hello Ladies,

Can you tell me the best makeup to wear in the Florida heat? Not looking to wear alot but want to look good for pictures to .....

I found last year that Avon's glimmersticks eyeliner works for me its waterproof and never had an issue it while down there...

looking for more makeup products will be traveling with two teenage girls so you know makeup will be in the bags...lol:rotfl2:

Hello Ladies,

Can you tell me the best makeup to wear in the Florida heat? Not looking to wear alot but want to look good for pictures to .....

I found last year that Avon's glimmersticks eyeliner works for me its waterproof and never had an issue it while down there...

looking for more makeup products will be traveling with two teenage girls so you know makeup will be in the bags...lol:rotfl2:

their waterproof mascara is great too:thumbsup2along with the SPF 15 lip balms. the mark brand, geared for the younger set, has tinted varieties wherein the color lasts.

since we're talking avon;), two other products that hold up well in humidity are their be blushed cheek stick and anew eye cream.

why not skip the foundation, etc. & get them a tinted moisturizer (with SPF if fair skinned) or let them tan (self -tanner or controlled sun).

The best make-up for high humidity is NO MAKE-UP! Throw on a hat and sunscreen and go! You're on vaca!!!

I've taken a lot of summer trips to WDW . All I can say is Less is More!!;). Make up will literaly fall off your face! Our family always laughs (not mean of course) at the ladies in full makeup, as if they're going to their prom . Speaking for myself, I sweat like crazy and , I certainly, by no means, have good skin. I had severe acne as a teen (and reared it's ugly head after child bearing) and chicken pox in my twenties that started on the face. 'nuff said. Anyway, I've found that a little concealer on the severely scared areas, covered with a little bronzer; I use Mary Kay bronzer. Then it's water proof mascara and eyeliner; I love AVON's waterproof stuff (great price) and I'm good to go. For a special dinner, I will go for a heavier foundation and concealer (the best of the best is high-end Jane Iredale available at spas or online). Last year my MIL (another cosmetic junkie) and I found Physicians Formula tinted moisturizer (spf 50!) on a clearance rack at the Super Target on 417 in Kissimmee. I have just a little left and I swear, it's as good as any foundation I've ever tried.

Bare Essentials.. I love it! Now if I could find a real waterproof mascara, I would be happy.

I used the rice paper on our last trip and it worked great. I blotted before pics/meals and didn't bother the rest of the time. I got mine at Sally Beauty.

When I was in a department store one time I got a makeover and she said the makeup was for women who golf and it was made to stay on when you sweat. I can't remember what it was called but you could call around to different stores and find out what they recommend. It didn't work for me because it clogged my pores too much.

Right now I'm using "Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless." It is in a compact type of container instead of a bottle or tube. It stays on better than anything I have ever used. It even seems powdery and dry but I don't think it has powder in it.

I went to college in Florida (I'm a PA girl by nature) and I found that I absolutely couldn't wear foundation. Switched to a tinted moisturizer, which I still use here in the summer time. I'd also recommend water proof mascara because of sweating and in case you'll be doing any water rides.

Blinc has a waterproof mascara that also washes off easily, which I love. I've also found that if I do want to wear eyeshadow in the heat, a good primer (urban decay's primer potion lasts a long time, dries fairly quickly, and is effective) absolutely makes the difference. For foundation, I put on my Bare Escentuals over a Neutrogena sunblock (made for the face, noncomedogenic and has a paper-dry finish) and am fine.
Rice paper (or blotting sheets) are very thin pieces of paper made from rice flour, which absorb oil very quickly. They are great for removing oil and making you less shiny for photos.

My makeup routine in Disney is tinted moisturizer, glimmersticks waterproof eyeliner, wash-off waterproof mascara and Burt's Bees. Also blotting papers are a must for me! I get mine from Target/Wal-Mart/Walgreens etc. They are made by clean and clear and don't smudge or remove makeup when you use them.

I use Dior Forever Extreme Wear foundation. It's pretty amazing. My favorite waterproof is Dior Iconic Extreme.

Get some Evian Mineral Water Spray! It comes out like hairspray and it's a cool mist you just spray across your face real quick! Don't do so much that you end up dripping wet, but just a quick spray cools you down and keeps your face hydrated and cool :)

What is rice paper and how does it work never heard of this before

I think she's referring to "blotting papers." I use the Clean and Clear brand - they're wonderful! I have oily skin (even at age 48!) and use them all the time. It's a great way to blot away oil and sweat while keeping make-up looking nice (and not adding another layer of make-up, like powder, to sweaty skin).

If you're looking to invest a bit of money into makeup, there's a couple products by Urban Decay that may interest you. The first is Eyeshadow Primer Potion, they have it in a couple versions (no color, nude, champange) and it will keep your eyeshadow and liner from smudging and creasing. I use it every time I put on eyeshadow, and the champagne color can be used just kind of..as is, without anything else on top of it. The second is their setting sprays. There's multiple versions of this as well, and one is humidity specific. Most UD product is on the more expensive side but it's worth it. I also second the waterproof mascara, and suggest other than mascara, not to wear dark makeup colors. If a little pink or something smudges, it's not super noticible..if navy blue or black smudges, you're a raccoon.

With regards to foundations, the best way to make it stick is to use a primer (you can get one from MAC with an SPF 50!) then put your foundation on and put a thin layer of powder over your t-zone. If you really want to make it stick, I suggest looking into setting sprays like Model in a Bottle or Urban Decay's De Slick (I think it's sold as Skindinavia in the USA). I'm a makeup artist and I absolutely swear by De Slick, it's specifically for oily skin so it works really well in high heat and humidity when your skin produces excess oil and sweat. With mascara, if you're really committed there's always the option of getting semi permanent lash extensions which last 2-6 weeks. They can be quite expensive but they guarantee you won't have smudging disasters! I'm planning on getting them done for when I go in July :D Bobbi Brown's Pro Longwear Gel Liner is a really good eyeliner that doesn't budge, but it is a bit pricey.

Also, hello!

I also meant to say don't bother taking rice papers to Disney..the paper butt gaskets in the bathrooms will work the same way

I'm a fan of both Bare Escentuals and Philosophy's mineral makeups. I think Philosophy's is bit easier to apply, but both work very well.

I like Maybelline's waterproof mascara, but Cover Girl's is pretty good too. The only other thing I wear is a bit of blush, eyebrow pencil and lipstick or gloss. I have had no luck with eyeshadow and just go without at WDW during the day. I am wearing sunglasses most of the time anyway! ;). I also always wear at least 15 SPF on my face; a higher SPF everywhere else .

If you perspire a lot, makeup can complicate things IMHO. Some gals can get by with a tinted moisturizer or bronzer. A light touch works for me. On the hottest days, mascara is about as far as I go. :rolleyes: No sense in wasting makeup that almost instantaneously melts off......

I use Mary Kay's tinted moisturizer and if I want a little more coverage their mineral powder. I ditto the waterproof mascara!! Less is more!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter