Tell me you've driven across lately without a passpost PLEASE!

coastgirl

DIS Veteran
Firm in my convictions, and it's just plain too late to get a passport (we're driving across on Wednesday). Tell me you've driven across recently please!!

You are ok, get one soon though as next year you will need one and the waits will be crazy.

Yes, last Sat (Jan 13) at Ft Erie, no problems.

I'm flying to Minneapolis on Monday on a last minute business trip and don't yet have my passport. I was told by the agency that books our business travel that I shouldn't be hassled as the new US passport legislation does not start until Tuesday. Hopefully she's right

You can drive over till 2008 with drivers licence and photo I.D and fly with in the US aswell with just that

My husband and his friend crossed last night at the Peace Bridge and back, no problem with their Driver's Licenses (and they brought their BC too, just in case).

Coastgirl please post with you border crossing experience when you get back. We are going in May and I have been debating back and forth about the passport issue. Today I'm on the no we don't need them side. From everything I've read and advice I've had here you should be fine. Birth certificate and drivers license is all that is required.

Have a great trip!

Coastgirl please post with you border crossing experience when you get back.

Will do. THere was a big article in the Halifax paper today about the delays on getting passports right now and the necessity for air travel. Didn't say a thing about the land crossings, but over and over mentioned AIR travel...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter