• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me your magical food allergy experiences!

I can't say that we have had any magical experiences, we have had all good experiences. My daughter has celiac disease. I am just happy we can go out to eat and not worry about her getting sick when we are at Disney. I can't say we were all that thrilled with our experience at 1900 park fair for breakfast when we went. The chef seemed like she was in a big hurry so we didn't even bother asking for any food from the back that had a cc concern on the buffet. She brought the usual Mickey waffles, donuts and muffins and was satisfied she did her job and we should be happy. The food was all safe, but certainly nothing special. All other experiences have been great, especially Boma.

My wife has gluten, soy, and dairy allergies. Shutter's did an excellent job as well as Grand Floridian Cafe.

For QS meals, Pecos Bill's at MK and Wolfgang Puck Express at DtD were great. WDW does a really good job of working around the allergies, although O'hana was the hardest to eat at.

Reading all the good replies gives me confidence that on our next (not until over a year) trip to WDW that I will not have to worry. I recently became Gluten Sensitive, getting hives if I eat anything with gluten. IT took over 8 months to be diagnosed, and I can tell you I do not care to repeat the itching I went thru and especially in the Florida heat. Thank you all for your great stories.

Reading all the good replies gives me confidence that on our next (not until over a year) trip to WDW that I will not have to worry. I recently became Gluten Sensitive, getting hives if I eat anything with gluten. IT took over 8 months to be diagnosed, and I can tell you I do not care to repeat the itching I went thru and especially in the Florida heat. Thank you all for your great stories.

You have nothing to worry about and will be in great hands. Gluten allergy is one of the more common food allergies they deal with at Disney. Just a tip, at the quick service locations they don't always list all of their GF options. Make sure to ask what they have, and if you haven't had them yet I highly recommend the OMG chocolate chip cookies. They are sooooooo good!

Thank you, I will keep that in mind, I LOVE chocolate chip cookies, so I am sure that will be an easy one to remember. Here at home, I have not been eating at restaurants much, and when I do, mostly salads. I was devastated when it hit me, oh no what about eating at Disney, but I remembered how they took care of my mother when we took her and she only had diabetes to worry about, so I felt I would find out I had nothing to worry about. This thread eased my mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter