Tell me your funny pet stories.

We had 2 dogs, an older one, and a new puppy. New puppy was wanting to learn how to get up on the couch. She watched older dog do it a few times, then gave it a try based on what she'd seen.

She got a good running start, then, just as she reached the couch, she lifted her snout up high in the air and arched her back a little and.....

ran right into the side of the couch. She didn't realize the jumping part.

It was another week before she tried the couch again.

Hehehheeee, All part of growing up.

Mikeeee

Our dog Bailey (Pekingese) runs to the cell phone when it rings. Never to the land line, just the cell phone! Like he's going to answer it!:rotfl:

My cat loves lunch meat. She was upstairs half sleep one day. As soon as she heard me open the frig and take the meat out, she came running down the steps. She stands up on her back legs with her front paws on you, just like a dog would until she gets a piece of meat.

She also loves tuna (what cat doesn't) I was opening up a can of tuna one morning. As soon as I started to drain it, here she comes. She smells it a mile away. She'll start meowing and won't stop until she gets some.

Two cat stories:

My childhood cat, Buttercup, was a shelter cat. We picked her out because we lived in a really old house that had mice in the cellar, and we needed something fierce to get things under control. First day home, we put her in the cellar, and told her to get the mice. The next morning, I went to go down the cellar stairs, and stepped in something squishy. I looked down to see that she had caught about 40 mice, and had lined them up in neat rows all the way down the staircase! She kept doing that until all the mice were gone.

This same cat used to let me dress her in my doll clothes. I would get her all put together, tuck her into my doll carriage, and them WHAM! She'd go flying out of the carriage, shucking all the clothes off in one leap! Every time.

My husband's childhood cat was very clever. They lived on a lake, and she would go down to the dock and wave her white paws under water, which would attract horn pout. She would then flip them up out of the water, and bring them up to the porch, making an offering to the family. Sometimes in the night, he would wake up to hear thumping out on the porch, and would know that Alfie had brought another "dinner." Well, one night the thumping was especially loud and prolonged. DH thought Alfie must have caught a very large fish indeed. The next morning, he went outside and found Alfie's offering. There, neatly lined up on the welcome mat, was a duck bill and two webbed duck feet. No other trace of Mr. Mallard was ever found.

We just adopted a kitten from the shelter last week, and she has decided she is MY cat - she follows me everywhere I go and howls if she wanders into the other room and can't find me. So a couple days after we brought her home, I heard her yowling in the other room and went to go "rescue" her. Her meows sounded distressed and a little muffled. I figured she must have gone behind the washer or dryer - nope, that's not where the sound was coming from. I finally figured out her yowls were coming from behind the refrigerator. Since I can't move the fridge to rescue her, I thought she'd find her way in a few minutes and continued to get my DD her koolaid. I opened the fridge and out fell the cat from the 2nd shelf! The look of surprise on her face was unforgettable. The funniest part is, she keeps trying to get back in there! It must have felt so nice and cool.

The other night she was on my bed waiting for me and she was in her "crazy mode" like only kittens can be: head down, ears back, butt waving in the air. So I decided to have a little fun with her and I sort of pounced down onto the other side of the bed in a similar pose. The last I saw of Miss Roxy Bonkers for a couple hours was her front paws clawing at the air as she jumped backwards and fell off the bed.

Oh, and both Malcolm and Kaeleigh scare themselves when they fart audibly. That never gets old!

Our collie, Mickey is a belcher! Who would have thought grown people would enjoy farts and burbs so much....which leads to my story...

Our mix breed Maximus is on phenobarb for epilepsy. It makes him EXTREMELY hungry! Anytime his meds are switched he goes through a starving stage...he really thinks he whittling away to nothing before our eyes.

One day he followed me to the bathroom, and while I was indisposed, he jumps in the tub and grabs the bar of soap. I of course can't get up to chase him very quickly, so by the time I get out of the bathroom, he's eaten the soap. Well, I freak out. I called my mom who is a nurse, and asked her what to do. She told me not to worry too much, that kids eat soap all the time, and that more than likely he'd get some nasty soft poopies, but nothing too horrible. Well, DH and I waited. The little guy went all day and never had an accident. We were standing in the kitchen and went to give him a treat and told him to sit for it. As he sat we heard...bwoop bwoop bwoop. Max turns around and looks at his butt in disbelief, a few seconds later my husband sniffs the air and says..."Do you smell soap?" We just about died laughing!!! Our baby had magical soap farts....:rotfl:

My DH and I moved across country and he had flown down ahead of time and my mom and I drove with my Chihuahua "Baby", well she would sit in between us and I was driving at night across Texas both her and my mom were asleep. Well, I dont know if she had a bad dream or what, but "Baby" let out the loudest yelp/scream I had ever heard both me and my mom about wet ourselves. I almost swerved off the road it scared me half to death, to this day both me and my mom still laugh about it, and my husband doesnt believe it happened. :rotfl:

My DH and I moved across country and he had flown down ahead of time and my mom and I drove with my Chihuahua "Baby", well she would sit in between us and I was driving at night across Texas both her and my mom were asleep. Well, I dont know if she had a bad dream or what, but "Baby" let out the loudest yelp/scream I had ever heard both me and my mom about wet ourselves. I almost swerved off the road it scared me half to death, to this day both me and my mom still laugh about it, and my husband doesnt believe it happened. :rotfl:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

One day he followed me to the bathroom, and while I was indisposed, he jumps in the tub and grabs the bar of soap. I of course can't get up to chase him very quickly, so by the time I get out of the bathroom, he's eaten the soap. Well, I freak out. I called my mom who is a nurse, and asked her what to do. She told me not to worry too much, that kids eat soap all the time, and that more than likely he'd get some nasty soft poopies, but nothing too horrible. Well, DH and I waited. The little guy went all day and never had an accident. We were standing in the kitchen and went to give him a treat and told him to sit for it. As he sat we heard...bwoop bwoop bwoop. Max turns around and looks at his butt in disbelief, a few seconds later my husband sniffs the air and says..."Do you smell soap?" We just about died laughing!!! Our baby had magical soap farts....:rotfl:

:lmao: Magical soap farts!! Awesome.

The last I saw of Miss Roxy Bonkers for a couple hours was her front paws clawing at the air as she jumped backwards and fell off the bed.

:rotfl: I an so see this happening!

As he sat we heard...bwoop bwoop bwoop. Max turns around and looks at his butt in disbelief, a few seconds later my husband sniffs the air and says..."Do you smell soap?" We just about died laughing!!! Our baby had magical soap farts....:rotfl:

:lmao: :lmao: This one had me crying I was laughing so hard!

I don't even know where to begin! With the exception of 4 years in the dorms at college, I have always had pets, and they have been an endless source of entertainment! Some highlights:

Former pets:

We used to have a hot tub, and when we weren't using it, we had a cover for it. Symba (siamese mix cat) used to love to get out on the patio and jump on top of the hot tub and sit on the cover. Well, one night she does that, only I am in the hot tub and the cover is NOT on. My legs still bear the scars of that water adventure!

Sasha (rott/retriever mix) used to bite at the water coming out of the sprinklers. We had the kind that would slowly rotate one direction, then rapidly return the other. On the rapid return she would go insane trying to bite the water.

Current pets:

One holiday season, Minnie (medium hair tabby mix) came running downstairs at full speed like the hounds of hell were on her tail. I go upstairs to see what the problem was, but don't notice anything out of the ordinary. I go back downstairs and Minnie is still freaking out. She starts racing away from me, miscalculates a turn, crashes into the wall and stuns herself. I finally catch her, and it turned out she had eaten then expelled a piece of tinsel. But not quite all the way! The tinsel was still hanging out and there was one little turd still attached. Blasted cat nearly knocked herself silly because she was being chased by her own poop! Fortunately, she seems to have learned her lesson about eating tinsel!

Squeaky (pom/pappilion mix) is our newest addition, and at 4 months old our youngest as well. Squeaky LOVES to chase her tail. No big deal, but when she catches it, she keeps racing in circles like she is going to pull her tail off her rear end!

Life is definitely never dull with pets around!!

We have a black lab and 2 cats. A couple of years ago my aunt and uncle (in their late 70s) were in town and stayed a few nights in our guest room, right down the hall from us. When they shut their door the first night it wasn't quite latched. This was the dog's big chance and after the lights were out but before they'd gone to sleep he noses the door open and tries to sneak in. They'd heard him, though, and my aunt immediately shoos him back out and firmly shuts the door. All is quiet for a few moments, and then from their room comes "meow". My uncle totally cracked us up when he yelled out "Holy Cr*p! They're working as a team!".

Our first dog when we were married was an escape artist. We should have named her Houdini. :rotfl2: We used to keep her in the basement when we went to work. The basement had stairs of course with walls on either side until the bottom. At the bottom was a door. We came home from work one day and there is the dog sitting at the top of the stairs. The door at the bottom was still locked. The dog went through the side wall of the stairs. Right through the drywall - big gaping hole in the wall. She was covered in drywall dust.

Our dogs have a bell hanging from our back door. We trained them to ring the bell when they want to go outside. It works great, but one of our cats has learned that if he rings the bell the dogs come running. So he rings and then falls down nearby to look innocent and watch the show.

Sasha greets people at the door with bared teeth. She rolls back her lips and sort of bites at the air. It frightens people to death. But it's really just her greeting. We call it "smiling".

Our cat Cricket sits on the edge of the bathroom sink and talks to me when I'm getting dressed. He loves to drink from the faucet, so he sits there and mournfully says "mommmmmmm, mommmmmmmm, mommmmmmmm" in the hopes that I'll respond. Of course the "mom" in me can't resist. ;)

We used to have a dog named April. She went to grandma and grandpa's house while I was at work. One Christmas my mom put out a tiered plate of chocolate covered cherries on the coffee table. A little later she came through and the plate was empty. She blamed my dad who was very irritated that she didn't believe him. That night April threw up what looked to be blood. Then my mom had an aha moment. April had jumped up on the table and polished off the whole thing. She was fine, by the way.

Another time Sasha ate all of our poodle's phenobarb (she was epileptic too). I guess she was jealous that Colette was getting special treats? Anyway, while she was up on the table eating the bottle of pills, she also downed a loaf of bread that had been left sitting there. It was a special loaf of bread that came in a swirled colorful design in hot pink, green and yellow. My young DD at the time loved that bread. Anyway, she ate the whole thing. When I took her in to get her stomach pumped they claimed she'd also been into playdough. I had to explain it was just really colorful bread. :lmao:

Oh and Figaro our tuxedo cat sleeps on top of DD's canopy bed. He seems to think it's his own personal hammock.

:rotfl: I an so see this happening!

:lmao: :lmao: This one had me crying I was laughing so hard!

I don't even know where to begin! With the exception of 4 years in the dorms at college, I have always had pets, and they have been an endless source of entertainment! Some highlights:

Former pets:

We used to have a hot tub, and when we weren't using it, we had a cover for it. Symba (siamese mix cat) used to love to get out on the patio and jump on top of the hot tub and sit on the cover. Well, one night she does that, only I am in the hot tub and the cover is NOT on. My legs still bear the scars of that water adventure!

Sasha (rott/retriever mix) used to bite at the water coming out of the sprinklers. We had the kind that would slowly rotate one direction, then rapidly return the other. On the rapid return she would go insane trying to bite the water.

Current pets:

One holiday season, Minnie (medium hair tabby mix) came running downstairs at full speed like the hounds of hell were on her tail. I go upstairs to see what the problem was, but don't notice anything out of the ordinary. I go back downstairs and Minnie is still freaking out. She starts racing away from me, miscalculates a turn, crashes into the wall and stuns herself. I finally catch her, and it turned out she had eaten then expelled a piece of tinsel. But not quite all the way! The tinsel was still hanging out and there was one little turd still attached. Blasted cat nearly knocked herself silly because she was being chased by her own poop! Fortunately, she seems to have learned her lesson about eating tinsel!

Squeaky (pom/pappilion mix) is our newest addition, and at 4 months old our youngest as well. Squeaky LOVES to chase her tail. No big deal, but when she catches it, she keeps racing in circles like she is going to pull her tail off her rear end!

Life is definitely never dull with pets around!!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Tears streaming down my face from laughing.

Our first dog when we were married was an escape artist. We should have named her Houdini. :rotfl2: We used to keep her in the basement when we went to work. The basement had stairs of course with walls on either side until the bottom. At the bottom was a door. We came home from work one day and there is the dog sitting at the top of the stairs. The door at the bottom was still locked. The dog went through the side wall of the stairs. Right through the drywall - big gaping hole in the wall. She was covered in drywall dust.
:lmao:

We have a Boston Terrier that is a little over a year old. She has a wireless fence so we can let her out. The other night, DH was outside (we live in the country and have a cornfield on one side of our house) and thought he saw a coyote or something run from the side of the house into the cornfield. It was at dusk and kind of hard to see. As he was watching, he saw something black and white out there too (there is a fence, but it is just wire- old). So he snuck out there keeping the evergreen bush in line with his body to "surprise" whatever animal was out there.
When he got out to the edge of the fence he kept hearing snorting and something running thru the corn, ***???? It suddenly occurred to him what it was. He yelled for Bethy (the Boston) and here she came running out of the corn. Apparently, she was 'lost' in the corn and could not find her way out!!! LOL. Poor thing. She came running into the house and up on her footstool. I think she'll stay out of the corn now!
She's a nut. She does all sorts of funny things. Falls off the back of the couch when watching out the window. Chases bugs outside. Chases the barn cats that get too close to the house.

These stories are all cracking me up! I can't decide which one is my favorite, they are all so funny. I have a few more...

My old cat Dusty, who lives with my parents now, must be part Siamese because she "talks" a lot. She always answers when you say her name, it's like she can't help it. She is a very shy cat and likes to hide; in the closet, under the bed, she even knows how to climb up inside the couch. But if you call her name, she will always answer back with a meow! It's like playing Marco Polo trying to find her.

You may remember me mentioning that we just got a new kitten. Well, our existing pet is a mouse, Oreo. Miss Roxy Bonkers (the kitten) just looooves Oreo. She will sit next to his cage and stick her nose through the bars. Oreo must be a very lonely little mouse, because he just loves Roxy! Every time a person comes near, he hides, but when Roxy is near the cage, Oreo runs right over to her, climbs the side of his cage and sticks his little paws out to touch her. She in turn sticks her little tongue out to taste him. The poor little guy is going to lose a paw that way one of these days! He just wants to be friends, but Roxy 52222 (<--- that was her saying "hi", she just ran across the keyboard) just wants a snack!

Roxy also loves to DIS. Seriously! I can be doing something else on the computer and she will totally ignore me, but as soon as I get on the DIS she's all over it. I have proof!
July2007017.jpg

It seems that I am always giving Trouble fresh water and throw in a big bunch of ice in the summer months...well, the other day she was standing over by the door whining...first I thought she wanted out, nope, then I thought she was crying for a treat, gave her one, Nope, it dawned on me that she was asking for fresh ice water! Gave her a bowl and she was happy as can be....tooka big drink and went to lay down!

There was also the time when we first moved into our brand new house and had our first company...with our light almost white carpet...sure enough the dog did her butt skid across the carpet in front of all of us and sure enough, a big dark streak!:scared1:

We have two indoor cats. Charlie (in pic below) is still young, around 2 yrs old. In the early morning he likes to sit by the air conditioner in our room. He can see shadows of birds that come to sit on the window ledge, just beyond the air conditioner. We use those accordian plastic 'sleeves' because it is a big window. I came out of the shower one morning to find my husband had spilled his morning coffee all over himself, the carpet and the windowseat Charlie was sitting on. Apparently, Charlie got so excited with one of those 'shadows', that he pushed hard with both paws on the sleeve, right through to the outside, and caught a bird with his two paws. My husband heard the awful sound of a little bird caught by a curious cat, and ran to rescue him. Coffee went everywhere and when he got to Charlie he was shivering with excitment. I can only imagine what this must have looked like from the outside...two white paws with a screeching sparrow locked in them. The rest of his body remained inside. My husband shook him and shook again...he wouldn't let go! Finally he did, the bird flew away, and Charlie had the biggest blackest eyes as my husband pulled in his paws and told him what a naughty boy he was. That 'sleeve' is now all taped up, but he still loves looking at the shadows and remembering his morning of excitement! ;)

Our collie, Mickey is a belcher! Who would have thought grown people would enjoy farts and burbs so much....which leads to my story...

Our mix breed Maximus is on phenobarb for epilepsy. It makes him EXTREMELY hungry! Anytime his meds are switched he goes through a starving stage...he really thinks he whittling away to nothing before our eyes.

omg!!! my stomach hurts from laughing so much!!!

We have a black lab and 2 cats. A couple of years ago my aunt and uncle (in their late 70s) were in town and stayed a few nights in our guest room, right down the hall from us. When they shut their door the first night it wasn't quite latched. This was the dog's big chance and after the lights were out but before they'd gone to sleep he noses the door open and tries to sneak in. They'd heard him, though, and my aunt immediately shoos him back out and firmly shuts the door. All is quiet for a few moments, and then from their room comes "meow". My uncle totally cracked us up when he yelled out "Holy Cr*p! They're working as a team!".

Heheheheee, we have two...
it's more than double the work

Mikeeee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter