Tell me your favorite dishes at these restaurants...

TristiK

Mouseketeer
Our dining plans are set and I'm interested in hearing about the dishes at these places that you love. I definitely obsess over menus before I go to a restaurant and like to at least have an idea in mind of what I'm going to order. That said, here's where we are eating:
so
TS:
Captain's Grille
Yak and Yeti
Liberty Tree Tavern lunch
Raglan Road
CRT
Via Napoli (this will nee to be a basic pizza because the other 3 in my family aren't adventurous)
The Plaza

QS:
possibly ESPN Club: will be getting into the YC around lunchtime - open to suggestions!
Flame Tree
Pecos Bill
Hurricane Hanna's - not looking forward to this, but it's a pool day at SAB and we're doing Cape May for breakfast so I don't think we'd need another sit down meal
Columbia Harbor House
Will do some sort of QS in EPCOT - doing Garden Grill breakfast and Via Napoli dinner, so I'm assuming probably just a snack
BOG lunch

I love to hear about dining so I'm happy to hear all suggestions!

The only ones I can tell you from experience are Via Napoli- any pizza is good IMHO. And BOG lunch the turkey sandwich is good along with the Master’s cupcake- it has the grey stuff!

Yak and Yeti - fried rice and sweet and sour chicken

Raglan Road shepherd's pie
CRT it's been like 4 years since i ate there and i can't remember it wowing me. i think i had roast chicken at lunch.
Via Napoli (this will nee to be a basic pizza because the other 3 in my family aren't adventurous) pizza is super yummy, i think we had margherita
The Plaza - Ruben.

I thoroughly enjoyed the pulled pork grilled cheese at the ESPN club. I seriously get cravings for it at home. The atmosphere is pretty fun too if you are a sports fan!

I thoroughly enjoyed the pulled pork grilled cheese at the ESPN club. I seriously get cravings for it at home. The atmosphere is pretty fun too if you are a sports fan!

Glad to hear that! We went to an ESPN Zone in DC years ago (like, 13 years ago) and I was not impressed. But my DH is a huge sports fan and is pretty much letting me plan everything else so I thought I could at least give him one lunch!

Yak and Yeti - fried rice and sweet and sour chicken

Raglan Road shepherd's pie
CRT it's been like 4 years since i ate there and i can't remember it wowing me. i think i had roast chicken at lunch.
Via Napoli (this will nee to be a basic pizza because the other 3 in my family aren't adventurous) pizza is super yummy, i think we had margherita
The Plaza - Ruben.

I'm not holding out TOO much hope for CRT, though several reviews I've read lately speak highly of the steak entree. This is one of those "suck it up for the kids' happiness" scenarios. With 2 princess obsessed girls, it will be worth it no matter what!

At LTT, the turkey feast, pot roast and burger are all really good.

At ESPN, the wings, buffalo chicken sandwich (I think they call it a dinger), burgers, steak, pretty much everything we've had there was good except the pulled pork sandwich.

I thought Big River Grille was ok last time I stayed at YC if looking for alternative to ESPN. We did take out and brought it back to our room

Can you bring beaches and cream eats into the pool area?

I can only throw input in on two.

For Via Napoli the Margherita pizza is wonderful. It's a simple pizza but flavorful! Also the tiramisu is a must-do/must-try! I scrape the plate clean every time...yummmmm.

At Yak and Yeti, I love the Crispy Honey Chicken! It is not overwhelming in flavors and so I think it's great for picky eaters and sensitive stomachs (like me). I have also had their Chicken Tikka Masala and while I love Indian food...I was not impressed with this particular dish. It comes with naan bread ha, more like pita bread. I know a good naan bread when I see one. Blah.

I thought Big River Grille was ok last time I stayed at YC if looking for alternative to ESPN. We did take out and brought it back to our room

Can you bring beaches and cream eats into the pool area?

Ohh that's an idea, I don't know? Does B&C do carry out? We had them reserved for our arrival day dinner, but cancelled for Captain's Grille on DH's request.

I can only throw input in on two.

For Via Napoli the Margherita pizza is wonderful. It's a simple pizza but flavorful! Also the tiramisu is a must-do/must-try! I scrape the plate clean every time...yummmmm.

At Yak and Yeti, I love the Crispy Honey Chicken! It is not overwhelming in flavors and so I think it's great for picky eaters and sensitive stomachs (like me). I have also had their Chicken Tikka Masala and while I love Indian food...I was not impressed with this particular dish. It comes with naan bread ha, more like pita bread. I know a good naan bread when I see one. Blah.

Glad to hear about Via Napoli as I'm sure the margherita is what we'll end up with but sad about Y&Y as the Chicken Tikka is what I'd planned on ordering!

Can't remember some of them, but BOG lunch is a favorite CS with us. We always get the braised pork and french onion soup - yummy!!

We pass on the desserts - tiny cupcakes don't get it for us - don't understand why they don't offer a 'little' variety!! Anyway, we prefer to get a dessert elsewhere later.

Yak & Yeti the lettuce cups are an app but can definitely be a meal! My mom and I share them. Chicken teriyaki skewers

Via Napoli yum! Carciofi is yo die for! Literally just cheese but artichokes and truffle oil! Don't be scared....tell them it's cheese! Lol oh and tiramisu

BOG quinoa salad was good

Columbia house lobster roll is good

So far, out of the choices, I have only eaten at a few but I will list what I enjoyed:

Yak and Yeti: Crispy Honey Chicken and Dessert Wontons were delicious. The Chicken fried rice was really good as well.
Liberty Tree Lunch: Pilgrim's feast(the turkey meal) and Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake.
BOG lunch: I didn't have lunch but the braised pork is on both menus and I found it to be delicious.

Yak and Yeti : Wok-Fried Green Beans are to die for. DD ordered them and I couldn't stop eating them. I also had one of the best burgers of my life at Yak and Yeti, (I'm not a very adventurous eater). It was the Kobe Beef Burger - topped with Asian slaw. DD, the vegetarian, had the Vegetable Lo Mein and liked that a lot. It had lots of different veggies in it. She would order it again, but is also open to other things. DD loved the cream cheese wontons (dessert). I didn't have room for dessert.

Via Napoli. I had the Pepperoni Signature Pie. This was the one of the best pizzas I have ever had in my life, and I have had incredible pizzas in my neck of the woods. DD had the Carciofi Signature Pie. She loved it. She would order it again when we go back, or she might try another vegetarian item.

Plaza: We ate at the Plaza twice in one trip. I had the Plaza Club the first time. This was very good. When we went back there a second time I had the Angus Chuck Cheeseburger and fries. I liked the burger a lot, even more than I liked the Plaza Club, which was a little skimpy on the bacon in my experience, but still delicious. The burger at the Plaza was not quite as incredible as the Yak and Yeti burger, but it was very tasty and I would order it again. The burger looked so good, the lady at the table next to us kept staring at it and when their food came, she had ordered a cheeseburger. lol. DD had the veggie burger the first time and liked it very much. The second time she had the veggie sandwich and wasn't thrilled with that. She thought the veggie burger was better and would order that again. Also, she didn't like the coleslaw. It was bland, so she made sure the second time we went, she ordered the fries to accompany the sandwich.

BOG: lunch. DD LOVED the onion soup. I don't even remember if I had the soup. I can't recommend any entree because I did not like the Croque Monsieur - Grilled sandwich of carved ham. It was slippery like rubber and didn't taste good. I didn't eat much of it. I would never order it again. DD had the Quinoa Salad, wasn't impressed with it, it was nothing special, though the salad dressing was good. She would never get it again. DD liked the lemon meringue cupcake a lot. I liked the Chocolate Cream Puff a lot, but I think I liked the Orange Eclair a little more. I think next time I go to BOG lunch, I might skip the entree and just have the soup and dessert.

LTT: we usually go for dinner, not lunch, but I see the amazing to die for cobbler is on the lunch menu. Delicious!

My mouth is watering just thinking of some of these foods! :)

Last edited:
At Columbia Harbor House, I love both the vegetarian chili ans the salmon. Best quick service in MK!

At BOG lunch, i had a Carved Turkey sandwich and DH had a Croque Monsieur (I tried a few bites of his). Both were ok but nothing rave about. We shared the masters cupcake, now that was yummy !

Our dining plans are set and I'm interested in hearing about the dishes at these places that you love. I definitely obsess over menus before I go to a restaurant and like to at least have an idea in mind of what I'm going to order. That said, here's where we are eating:
so
TS:
Captain's Grille
Yak and Yeti
Liberty Tree Tavern lunch
Raglan Road
CRT
Via Napoli (this will nee to be a basic pizza because the other 3 in my family aren't adventurous)
The Plaza

QS:
possibly ESPN Club: will be getting into the YC around lunchtime - open to suggestions!
Flame Tree
Pecos Bill
Hurricane Hanna's - not looking forward to this, but it's a pool day at SAB and we're doing Cape May for breakfast so I don't think we'd need another sit down meal
Columbia Harbor House
Will do some sort of QS in EPCOT - doing Garden Grill breakfast and Via Napoli dinner, so I'm assuming probably just a snack
BOG lunch

I love to hear about dining so I'm happy to hear all suggestions!

For Yak and Yeti I liked the fried green bean app with the dipping sauce. My entree was just OK but my favorite thing was the fried wonton dessert....it was delicious!

I didn't have anything that was a favorite at CRT that I would say you have to try.

I haven't eaten at LTT but wanted to on our last trip and it was under rehab. I really want to try the ooey gooey toffee cake they have there.

As you can see, I'm a fan of dessert!

Glad to hear about Via Napoli as I'm sure the margherita is what we'll end up with but sad about Y&Y as the Chicken Tikka is what I'd planned on ordering!

Oh no no I am sorry. If you want to give it a whirl on the chicken tikka masala give it a try! You might love it. I just thought it was okay a bit soupy. I asked my hubbs just now and he said he liked it. Haha so see to each their own! :-)

I love the wings at ESPN Club. I find its best to stick to the most basic sports bar fare there.
I've only had breakfast at Captains grill, but it is awesome. Love love looove the ricotta pancakes
yak and yeti, I love the lettuce wraps, the burger and the lo mein is pretty tasty.
My very favorite thing at yak & yeti is the safari amber ale. You can only get it at AK, I'm not even a beer person, but I won't miss it. Dessert cheese wonton skewers are also amazing.
Liberty Tree has a great burger for lunch as well, and the colony salad is really good, ooey gooey toffee cake for dessert.
Via Napoli- you don't need to be adventurous, the pepperoni pizza is out of this world good. (We love the Fritto Misto for an appetizer, but you have to be REALLY hungry to accomplish both that and a pizza) always too full for dessert.
Plaza is surprisingly good, the club sandwich is great, another decent burger available here, and another pretty great salad in the chicken/strawberry salad. Stick with sundae for dessert, I had some brownie thing one time and was disappointed.
Hurricane Hannah's, I have no idea what I ate there, it's always a pool(Bar) day for me. Good Long Island iced teas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter