1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Tell me why MNNSHP is worth the price - PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by disneyfool_1202, Sep 28, 2012.

1. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Yay! :banana: Have fun! :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Dh and I did MNSSHP in 2010 and MVMCP in 2011 and we liked MNSSHP much better and we are CHristmas PPL!

There seemed to be more to do, more to look at, it was fun seeing everyone dressed up, the trick or treating and Hallowishes,the headless horseman.

4. Wennifer78

Wennifer78 Earning My Ears

Hi! We just attended the party on 9-28-12 and were skeptical at first too but it turned out to be well worth every penny. My two kids, 14 and 5, had a blast! You are basically paying for smaller crowds and special fireworks (that you never see any other time and they are AWESOME) and a cool parade. The environment alone is worth the money and time. It has a carefree and fun feel to it that I haven't experienced at any other time at the Magic Kingdom. Our party was sold out and still not as crowded as a regular park day and it far surpassed our expectations and if you go at 4, you're getting a full park day for less money. :yay:

5. Wennifer78

Wennifer78 Earning My Ears

6. mufasa1023

mufasa1023 Earning My Ears

I think the Halloween party is totally worth it, i'm 30 and don't have kids (except for my fiancee).

First of all the price of the ticket is less than a full day park pass and you get in way before the listed 7pm, I think around 3-4pm they will let you into the park. So, instead of spending $90 for a full day pass you can spend $60 and get 8+ hours of time at the park.

Second, we have experienced walk onto the ride wait times on just about every ride in the park during the party. This includes my favorites, Pirates, Haunted and Splash. Obviously, some rides aren't open during the party but those are mostly the same rides that aren't open at night in general.

Third, parade is pretty cool and I don't like parades.

Fourth, you get to dress up and you are surrounded by other people who are dressed up. You get to see cute kids in costume and you get to see creative/well executed adult costumes. It really does transport you back to your childhood in that regard.

Fifth, the attitude of the people at the party is generally very happy and friendly unlike a normal day in the park with grumpy kids and stressed parents.

Sixth, the special Halloween decorations are awesome.

Seventh, "free" candy and lots of it. You probably only have to go to 2-3 candy handouts to get enough candy for the week. (the candy actually wasn't the highest quality but from what I understand it does change from year to year)

Plus all the other stuff the above posters mentioned.

7. tinkerhon

tinkerhon DIS Veteran

Went went for the 1st time in 2012-- ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT !!

(Kids are 2 and 6)

DW and I have been going to MVMCP for the last 10-15 years (with the kids now, of course...never miss it), but we actually enjoyed MNNSHP more-

The parade was incredible, and the fireworks as well !!!

As a matter of fact...getting ready to book a 3-4 trip in October just to go back !!

8. Gamegrl1

Gamegrl1 Mouseketeer

I apologize for putting my two cents in because I've only been to the MNSSHP at Disneyland (in 2011 & 2012). I'd imagine it's pretty similar, though. So in addition to what the other posters said about the terrific parade (ok...well, in D-land it's the Costume Party Parade...man, I'm not helpful at all, am I?), great fireworks show, shorter lines on rides (we were walking on to several), dance party, treat trails (free candy!), the other thing I thought was super-cool was interacting with the other guests.

In 2011 I went by myself (at the end of the day after a business trip), in costume of course. I'd never been by myself before so I wasn't sure how it'd be, but I needn't have worried - it's SO COOL to be there with so many other guests in costume. We could chat and complement each other on costumes...they were such a good icebreaker. Just the level of interaction and feeling special because you're at a special party with all those happy people...the whole vibe was different to me from all the other times I'd been.

Definitely dress up, too, but watch the weather report and also don't wear something uncomfortable that you're not prepared to be in for hours and hours. If you can afford it, definitely go. OR - you could go just to the Party that day. They let you in early and you mingle with the regular ticketed guests for 2-3 hours and then they kick them out...hehe!

9. saintfan

saintfan Mouseketeer

Your 48,7,9 year old DC will all love it.pixiedust::banana::yay:party::hmghost::hmghost::maleficen:goofy: parade is awesome.

10. wdwmaw

wdwmaw planin' next trip

It's awsome!!

11. akayek31

akayek31 DIS Veteran

Captain Jack Sparrow :)