• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me why MNNSHP is worth the price - PLEASE!!!

Thanks everyone! I just bought the tickets so there is NO TURNING BACK! The kids will have pirate costumes with them (they are going to Pirate's League on Tuesday). DH and I are going costume free - I'll buy a hat! LOL!!!!

Yay! :banana: Have fun! :goodvibes

Dh and I did MNSSHP in 2010 and MVMCP in 2011 and we liked MNSSHP much better and we are CHristmas PPL!

There seemed to be more to do, more to look at, it was fun seeing everyone dressed up, the trick or treating and Hallowishes,the headless horseman.

So we fly out in 8 days :cheer2: and DH is still giving me a very hard time over my wanting to get tickets to MNNSHP. He keeps saying 'I was there - it isn't that great". I keep pointing out he was there IN HIS TWENTIES (he's now 48) and I nor have our 7 or 9 year old children EVER been there and we should be allowed to experience it at least once. Just because HE doesn't think it's worth it doesn't mean we wont. But I do agree with him that it IS a LOT of money.
We do get a discounted rate for being DVC members but ONLY if I preorder the tickets for pick up - and I have to do that SOON! There is only 1 night of our trip that we can actually go so I don't want to miss the boat.
All of you believers that MNNSHP is worth the $50-60 price per person admission fee PLEASE TELL ME WHY so I can help him make an educated and appropriate decision!!!! I've never been - all I hear is "it's wonderful" but that doesn't give me any real info other than someone else's opinion on their own experience!!!!
Hi! We just attended the party on 9-28-12 and were skeptical at first too but it turned out to be well worth every penny. My two kids, 14 and 5, had a blast! You are basically paying for smaller crowds and special fireworks (that you never see any other time and they are AWESOME) and a cool parade. The environment alone is worth the money and time. It has a carefree and fun feel to it that I haven't experienced at any other time at the Magic Kingdom. Our party was sold out and still not as crowded as a regular park day and it far surpassed our expectations and if you go at 4, you're getting a full park day for less money. :yay:

I think the Halloween party is totally worth it, i'm 30 and don't have kids (except for my fiancee).

First of all the price of the ticket is less than a full day park pass and you get in way before the listed 7pm, I think around 3-4pm they will let you into the park. So, instead of spending $90 for a full day pass you can spend $60 and get 8+ hours of time at the park.

Second, we have experienced walk onto the ride wait times on just about every ride in the park during the party. This includes my favorites, Pirates, Haunted and Splash. Obviously, some rides aren't open during the party but those are mostly the same rides that aren't open at night in general.

Third, parade is pretty cool and I don't like parades.

Fourth, you get to dress up and you are surrounded by other people who are dressed up. You get to see cute kids in costume and you get to see creative/well executed adult costumes. It really does transport you back to your childhood in that regard.

Fifth, the attitude of the people at the party is generally very happy and friendly unlike a normal day in the park with grumpy kids and stressed parents.

Sixth, the special Halloween decorations are awesome.

Seventh, "free" candy and lots of it. You probably only have to go to 2-3 candy handouts to get enough candy for the week. (the candy actually wasn't the highest quality but from what I understand it does change from year to year)

Plus all the other stuff the above posters mentioned.

Went went for the 1st time in 2012-- ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT !!

(Kids are 2 and 6)

DW and I have been going to MVMCP for the last 10-15 years (with the kids now, of course...never miss it), but we actually enjoyed MNNSHP more-

The parade was incredible, and the fireworks as well !!!

As a matter of fact...getting ready to book a 3-4 trip in October just to go back !!

I apologize for putting my two cents in because I've only been to the MNSSHP at Disneyland (in 2011 & 2012). I'd imagine it's pretty similar, though. So in addition to what the other posters said about the terrific parade (ok...well, in D-land it's the Costume Party Parade...man, I'm not helpful at all, am I?), great fireworks show, shorter lines on rides (we were walking on to several), dance party, treat trails (free candy!), the other thing I thought was super-cool was interacting with the other guests.

In 2011 I went by myself (at the end of the day after a business trip), in costume of course. I'd never been by myself before so I wasn't sure how it'd be, but I needn't have worried - it's SO COOL to be there with so many other guests in costume. We could chat and complement each other on costumes...they were such a good icebreaker. Just the level of interaction and feeling special because you're at a special party with all those happy people...the whole vibe was different to me from all the other times I'd been.

Definitely dress up, too, but watch the weather report and also don't wear something uncomfortable that you're not prepared to be in for hours and hours. If you can afford it, definitely go. OR - you could go just to the Party that day. They let you in early and you mingle with the regular ticketed guests for 2-3 hours and then they kick them out...hehe!

Your 48,7,9 year old DC will all love it.pixiedust::banana::yay:party::hmghost::hmghost::maleficen:goofy: parade is awesome.
Because you get to see the awesome Halloween parade, Hallowishes fireworks, no wait for rides, you get to see characters that you normally don't get to see, you can dress up, you get FREE candy! and it's just awesome and FUN!!!!!! It's only money....you can make more after you get home!!!!:stir:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter