Tell me what you know about Treehouses

surfer_ed

Disney/Marvel Geek and Proud of it
Hi All, just book a Treehouse Villa for next January.

I am excited but my mom is a little concerned about the steps. I was sure they are only 10 feet off of the ground. She walks with a cane and her knee bothers her. As it is I am thinking scooter for the parks for her if she could drive one.

Also will there be a bus stop for the treehouses or will we need to take the boat to SSR first? I am thinking there will be a bus stop but can't seem to find out. We won't have a car.

Anything else anyone knows? I searched the FAQs but still allot of questions.

There is supposed to be 2 bus stops. Also, there should be a certain number of handicapped accessible treehouses. I am not sure if that is the correct term. I think that those have a ramp to get up to the treehouse. You might want to reserve on of those.

There is supposed to be 2 bus stops. Also, there should be a certain number of handicapped accessible treehouses. I am not sure if that is the correct term. I think that those have a ramp to get up to the treehouse. You might want to reserve on of those.

Good idea, thanks!!!

Does anyone know if the bunkbeds in one of the rooms are normal twin size in length or the dwarf(child) size that they have at the Grand Californian hotel. We stayed there with my three DS's and they kept banging their heads:headache:

Also, are there tv's in all the bedrooms?

Does anyone know if the bunkbeds in one of the rooms are normal twin size in length or the dwarf(child) size that they have at the Grand Californian hotel. We stayed there with my three DS's and they kept banging their heads:headache:

Also, are there tv's in all the bedrooms?

Good question wondering if I can sleep my pre-schoolers in the bottom bunk together.

I called MS to check on Internet and so I asked about the bunk beds.

Not good news for me.

They don't know about Internet access yet, I have to check back in April or May. Maybe we should all send an email to MS asking about Internet at THV so they know we want it!

The bunk beds will be the same as in other DVC resorts (I have not used one, so I don't know), but she said they definitely will not fit my 6'4" DS.

Thanks for the info, but I didn't think any other DVC resort had bunk beds. Guess I'll have to wait till they actually open to find out!

I didn't realize they are not foing to have Internet access... that's not good

We have reservations for January. My two sons will definitely want internet access.

My Husband made the decision to stay there and made the reservation. I think we have to look into this further... I didn't even realize there were bunk beds. My boys are 6'2" and 6'4" neither one of them is going to fit in a bunk bed. I'll have to find out what the bed and internet situation is.

Here is a picture of the Bunk Beds at AKL...
DSC00024.jpg

They look like standard twin beds...
Animal Kingdom Lodge Regular hotel Room not Villa....
What other DVCs besides THV have Bunk Beds....:confused3

Just to clarify, these bunks are in the Animal Kingdom Lodge rooms. The Animal Kingdom Villas (DVC resort) do not have bunk beds.

Here is a picture of the Bunk Beds at AKL...
DSC00024.jpg

They look like standard twin beds...

What other DVCs have Bunk Beds....:confused3

Those appear to be the same length as the queen bed next to them. Is that true? When we stayed at AKL in December, we had 4 adults in the room and they asked us if we would be willing to take a bunk bed room. We politely declined, but I guess they were thinking we looked like we would fit in the bunk beds. My sister and I were the ones checking in and I'm 5'7'' and she's 5'9'' If they have the same bunk beds at THV as AKL (hotel, not villas), then I guess they're supposed to sleep adults? :confused3 I'll be interested to hear the first reports on the beds.

THV is the only DVC resort so far with bunk beds.

I sent an email to Member Services and just received a response...

"Thank you for contacting Member Services.

The Treehouse Villas at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort will have High Speed Internet Access."

Whew!

The one time I had a room with bunk beds at AKL the bed did seem a little shorter then the queen. The "frame" is bigger meaning the sleeping space gets taken up by that. I could have slept in one easy, but I am 5'4"!

I am booked for August and was also concerned about using a scooter. I have a thread on the DISabilities board - ECVs and Treehouses (or something like that) anyway, when I called 2 weeks ago and booked my first 3 days the gal I got didn't really know one way or another whether there would be somewhere on the ground level to park a scooter and recommended a handicap room, well I don't want all the handicap modifications that come with that - of course I don't know what all they would be in the Treehouses, but I know in regular hotels they usually have a handheld shower which I hate, and some lowered counters, and you give up some layout perks to accomodate maneuvering a wheelchair. All of that is totally unnecessary - the only time I use a scooter is at WDW, and sometimes I park it and walk. Last year at OKW I only drove it in the room long enough to turn it around and plug it in for the night. So yesterday when I called to book the rest of my trip (using OKW points so I had to wait) I asked again. This guide seemed more knowledgeable. She said there would be a utility room in the base and that there would be an outlet. She even told me where the outlet was located, but I was so excited about the utility room that I immediately forgot where she said the outlet would be. :confused3 Now I have dealt with Disney long enough to realize that there are as many different answers as there are people to ask and that none of them may be correct - but she did seem pretty confident. I also intend to check back in June and see if anyone who is actually staying there can verify this information - but that's what I've heard so far

The one time I had a room with bunk beds at AKL the bed did seem a little shorter then the queen. The "frame" is bigger meaning the sleeping space gets taken up by that. I could have slept in one easy, but I am 5'4"!

Yeah, I see what you mean about the frame. Makes sense. I don't even have a reservation at THV, I just love hearing everything about the new resorts! :lmao:

We have a tree house booked for 3 nights in August! Yipee!!:cool1: Does anyone know what the layout of them will be? What the views are? Where the pool will be located in relation to the treehouses?!
SOrry, lots of questions but trying to work out what the resort will look like!!!
Debxx:lovestruc

The layout looks really neat
http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc...saratogaSprings/floorPlans/treehouseVilla.jpg

hopefully this will work - I got it off the DVC site. What it doesnt show is a porch/deck that is attached -- I get the impression that you go up some stairs to the porch then up a couple/few more from the porch to the room - but I could be wrong about that. They show a long table that seats eithr 6 or 8 (I forget) and the porch is octogonal too to match the shape of the tree house.

I haven't seen where the pool is, but I think I read somewhere if you use Google Earth (and know what you are doing) you can see where the pool and some of the units are

As for the view I would think it would depend on where you are - I assume there are a lot of trees to see, but since we could see them from the boats for OKW to DD I would think people in Treehouses on that side could see the river - but that is just a guess :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter