• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me what what you love/hate about the cabins.

Sorry to hijack a post - I had recently read a review that an adult would not be comfortable sleeping in the bunk beds. If we choose this option my mother (65) would need to stay in a bunk bed. She is about 5'6". Is she going to be comfortable?

I slept on the bottom bunk and I was very comfortable. I'm about 5'4".

How does everyone go from their Cabins to the dock to catch the boat to MK?
Is it walkable? We have 5 and a stroller so a gold cart won't work. Can you park your car closer?

Any bug problems in May?

Thank you

Sorry to hijack a post - I had recently read a review that an adult would not be comfortable sleeping in the bunk beds. If we choose this option my mother (65) would need to stay in a bunk bed. She is about 5'6". Is she going to be comfortable?

I'm 5'7" and slept on the top bunk. My friend is about the same and slept on the bottom bunk. We were both comfortable. :thumbsup2

Is it walkable? We have 5 and a stroller so a gold cart won't work. Can you park your car closer?

Any bug problems in May?

Thank you

No, you can't drive your car any closer to the dock than your cabin - there's no where to park. You can either take an internal bus or get the golf cart. I think in your case, even with 5 people and a stroller, you'd still be fine all fitting in a cart if that's what you want to do.

Those are great pictures of the cabin. Definitely better than what Disney shows on their website. DH didn't want to stay in the cabins because he thought they would be too small. I think they look wonderful. Maybe I can convince him for the next trip.

Any bug problems in May?

Thank you

We didn't do the golf cart thing, but did always take an internal bus to the boat dock. It was very convenient, the buses always pulled up just as we were getting to the stop! You could probably walk it, but it was August when we were there and very hot - so we opted for the air-conditioned bus :thumbsup2

Didn't notice any bug problems in August - don't know about May.

Those are great pictures of the cabin. Definitely better than what Disney shows on their website. DH didn't want to stay in the cabins because he thought they would be too small. I think they look wonderful. Maybe I can convince him for the next trip.

Allears has some great pics too! And, you should really check out the Camping forum on these boards - great info and wonderful people!

We stayed at the cabins once, but are not fans and have not stayed there again. We had a car and a golf cart and would definitely not want to stay there without both. The golf carts are expensive. We found the cabins to be inconvenient -- our off-site stays have seemed more convenient, frankly. And, the dining options are poor -- a buffet or take-out pizza. Since we stayed there, they've added a take-out chicken basket, too.

I love the remote feel, the smell of the woods, having a kitchen, walking to the general stores, having a deck with picnic table and grilling out.

Dislikes can't think of any

The drawback I didn't like was with the golf carts. I was willing to overlook the price for the convenience but then was told that I'd have to report back to the front desk at 11am each day to check-in/back out the cart for each day. 11am? I'd be in the parks and there was no way I'd sleep in later just so I could turn a golf cart back in. I thought once you rented it the day you checked in, you had it for the duration of your stay.

The drawback I didn't like was with the golf carts. I was willing to overlook the price for the convenience but then was told that I'd have to report back to the front desk at 11am each day to check-in/back out the cart for each day. 11am? I'd be in the parks and there was no way I'd sleep in later just so I could turn a golf cart back in. I thought once you rented it the day you checked in, you had it for the duration of your stay.

Somebody gave you bad info. Once you check out your golf cart, you don't have to go back with it until the day you turn it in. Time to turn it in on your last day of having it is around 11:00, so that's probably where the confusion comes from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter