Tell me we'll be happy at the BCV!!

Pointdisney

Mouseketeer
Hi all! My husband and I are DVC members and are staying at the BCV for the first time this August. Since we have had our DVC membership, we have always stayed at the VWL. We love the WL, but feel we are ready to try something new. So, we booked our long trip in August at the BCV and I'm having second thoughts. Friends and family who have stayed there absolutely love it and I'm hoping we love it too! We're just so used to the tranquility of the the WL and the two resorts are so very different. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

Kathleen

the BCV is pretty quiet too.

just don't go near the SALB (storm a long bay pool) - and you can avoid most of the noise.

would go doing the food/wine festavial or flower/garden festavial - but hey in Aug you can appreciate walking back to your villa after touring Epcot - or riding the boat back after studios.

When it comes to pure atmoshere and decor - I love the WL as well. When it comes to convenience and quality resorts I always enjoy staying at BW, BC or YC. I think all 3 are lovely resorts and I've always found the area peaceful and enjoyable. The BC is a beautiful resort and though the decor is very different from the WL, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

What I like the most is the convenience of location. You can walk to 2 other resorts and enjoy the restaurants they all have to offer and you can walk to EPCOT and DH(though I've never done the DH walk) OR you have the boats. I love the fact that you don't have to take a bus everywhere from these hotels.

I am staying at BWV for the first time this year (usually stay at the Inn but I'm renting DVC points from a friend) and am looking forward to being back at my favorite resort location area.

It's good to try new things and I think you will be happy the BC.

Hi all! My husband and I are DVC members and are staying at the BCV for the first time this August. Since we have had our DVC membership, we have always stayed at the VWL. We love the WL, but feel we are ready to try something new. So, we booked our long trip in August at the BCV and I'm having second thoughts. Friends and family who have stayed there absolutely love it and I'm hoping we love it too! We're just so used to the tranquility of the the WL and the two resorts are so very different. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

Kathleen

Kathleen,
We stayed at the BCV this past January and really enjoyed our stay. We liked being right at the door step of EPCOT. SAB was a nice perk for the kids. My DH really enjoyed this resort. IMO, I think you will be satisfied with your choice! :thumbsup2

Hi Kathleen,

I read your post and had to snicker because we're in opposite situations, we're staying at VWL for the first time in October and we always stay at BCV.

We love the resort! The atmosphere, the pool, the proximity to Epcot, the Boardwalk and the Studios....it's fantastic! As much as the resorts may seem different, I'm thinking they're very much the same, know what I mean?! I really think you'll enjoy it!!

Kristin

Hi Kathleen,

We love the resort! The atmosphere, the pool, the proximity to Epcot, the Boardwalk and the Studios....it's fantastic! As much as the resorts may seem different, I'm thinking they're very much the same, know what I mean?! I really think you'll enjoy it!!

Kristin

I totally agree. You will love the BCV's. It is our home resort :thumbsup2

What I like the most is the convenience of location. You can walk to 2 other resorts and enjoy the restaurants they all have to offer and you can walk to EPCOT and DH(though I've never done the DH walk) OR you have the boats. I love the fact that you don't have to take a bus everywhere from these hotels.

Thanks! We're looking forward to the location and taking advantage of the closeness of Epcot and the amenities of the BW. :thumbsup2 That was one of the reasons we thought we would enjoy the BCV.

We've never stayed at the WLV, but we've stayed at the BCV about three times and we've loved it each time. The rooms are nice, with vibrant colors and nautical-themed furniture. From the pictures I've seen of the WLV, the rooms seem to have the same set-up and layout so that won't be much of a change for you. Each time we've stayed, we've had an Epcot view, though it overlooked a road and bridge, which wasn't that noisy unless you were sitting on the balcony. And, as others have said, the location is great: you're right next to Epcot, a you're a 15 minute walk from the DS and a 5 minute walk (if that) from the BW! From our experiences, I would say you guys will have a great time. Good luck and don't worry!!!

:wizard:

You will LOVE the location of the BCV. We also enjoy VWL but I love being steps from Epcot!

Location, location, location! We love the BCV's. Despite being at Epcot's back door and just around the corner from MGM, it really is a quiet resort. SAB is loud, but isn't EVERY themed pool???

We started to do the opposite of you this year. In Feb we decided to stay at VWL instead of BCV. We had a good time at BCV, but needed a change. Like some other people have said, the Villa side is pretty quiet. SAB is busy, but I would not dismiss it. SAB is a very nice pool/mini water park that should be taken advantage of while you stay at BCV. The walk to Epcot is short and the boat ride to either HS or Epcot is a nice bonus.

Hi Kathleen,

I read your post and had to snicker because we're in opposite situations, we're staying at VWL for the first time in October and we always stay at BCV.

Kristin

Hi Kristin,

That's too funny! I am so glad to hear the good things people are saying about the BCV! This is the first time I have ever posted a thread asking for advice, but DH and I were beginning to second guess ourselves. I know it's a nice resort, but sometimes it's hard to change:) DH and I really love the WL! The setting, the music played around the resort, and the proximity to the MK are wonderful! I hope you love it as much as we do! Thanks for your reply!

Kathleen

We've never stayed at the WLV, but we've stayed at the BCV about three times and we've loved it each time. The rooms are nice, with vibrant colors and nautical-themed furniture. From the pictures I've seen of the WLV, the rooms seem to have the same set-up and layout so that won't be much of a change for you. Each time we've stayed, we've had an Epcot view, though it overlooked a road and bridge, which wasn't that noisy unless you were sitting on the balcony. And, as others have said, the location is great: you're right next to Epcot, a you're a 15 minute walk from the DS and a 5 minute walk (if that) from the BW! From our experiences, I would say you guys will have a great time. Good luck and don't worry!!!

:wizard:

Thanks Mike! I am reassured by all of the good things everyone who has been kind enough to post has said! I am looking forward to a new experience! I am glad to hear that you have stayed multiple times and have loved it each time! Good news! Thanks again!

Kathleen :goodvibes

Kathleen,
We stayed at the BCV this past January and really enjoyed our stay. We liked being right at the door step of EPCOT. SAB was a nice perk for the kids. My DH really enjoyed this resort. IMO, I think you will be satisfied with your choice! :thumbsup2

I am beginning to feel like we will be satisified, too! I am looking forward to SAB even though I know it will be busy! BTW, your "cinderellas" are beautiful! Thanks for your reply!

Kathleen :goodvibes

BCV is our resort also. We stayed there for the first time in january and we absolutely loved it. We have stayed at OKW and BWV also and I actually loved those places also. I seem to just love being at WDW no matter what but when we go and stay at the S/D and the BCV or BWV, we are the happiest (because of the location of the DVCs) S/D is just plush to me and very clean, the cleanest resort on property IMHO.

You'll really enjoy staying there. What's not to like? hmm...I cannot think of anything!!

have a fun and magical trip!

Hi all...again! Thank you all so much for taking the time to allay my fears about changing resorts. I knew the "DISers" wouldn't let me down! :goodvibes Both my DH and I feel reassured that we made a good choice for our trip. We are looking forward to this trip and our excitement is renewed for the BCV! Thanks again!!

Kathleen:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter